Zwift keeps crashing on MS surface pro

I have Zwift running on my surface pro but it crashes regularly, this morning it wouldn’t even run and it’s playing havoc with my training plan.
Has anyone else had this issue and managed to fix it?
I’m looking at an alternative of an Apple 4th gen tv box as suggested by a mate, is this a better alternative?
Thanks guys
Advocate of disc brakes.

Comments

• dannbodge
    dannbodge Posts: 1,152
    Check the specs required to run zwift.
    Could be that it's just not powerful enough (zwift is very processor and graphics heavy)
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 5,844
    edited February 2023
    Not used our Surface Pro 4(? from ~2014) for Zwift for a while, ours has had overheating issues and the charge plug has to be in the socket at a certain angle to light the "charging" light.

I've been using my Android mobile to run the app over autumn/winter.

Will try and remember to give a go, using a spare fan blowing on the tablet!
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • I had the older surface 4 as well and that overheated whilst running AutoCAD, the newer version (2021 IIRC) had resolved this.
    It runs fine most of the time but falls over at key times, like 6am for a planned training ride...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,700
    Windows has an event viewer, there's basic instructions here: https://www.howtogeek.com/123646/htg-explains-what-the-windows-event-viewer-is-and-how-you-can-use-it/

You're most likely going to want to be looking at the Application and System parts within the 'Windows Logs' part and the Hardware Events under 'Applications and Services Logs'. There will be a load of stuff in there, mostly information, but you may see warnings or errors which correspond with the crashes. If you find one, Googling the event ID number can point to the problem.

Zwift do offer support and give some instructions of how to get the information they need out of event viewer here: https://support.zwift.com/en_us/sending-crash-logs-to-support-HyaQj6nfS. No idea how quickly they'd respond though, hence suggesting checking it yourself and seeing if there's a problem that can be identified.