Favourite bike

2»

Comments

• I remember the Extreme Power and the Extreme C, climbing version.

Years ago I was in Condor cycles, a chap had obviously signed up to do the Etape (in the years before it was massively popular). He was clearly pretty new to cycling and had bought an Extreme C with full campag record and (I think) Hyperon's. As the shop assistant held the bike for the guy to try saddle height, he promptly fell off it!
  • froze
    froze Posts: 213
    I've actually liked all my bikes! Even the older one from the mid 70s that's heavy than the bikes that came out in the mid 80s, but it's a beautiful bike, so just on looks alone that 77 Raleigh Competition bike is the best looking one I have, and it rides good and fits like a glove as all my bikes do.

My favorite riding bike is my 13 Lynskey Peloton, it simply rides the best of any bike I've ever owned, it's a dream riding machine, very smooth, the lightest weight bike I have, and very responsive. I made a couple of changes to it before I took delivery of it, which saved me money doing it that way, but the bike had all 105 stuff, I had the dealer swap out the rear 105 derailleur for Ultegra; had the cheap FSA headset swapped out for a Cane Creek 110; the stock Lynskey fork was swapped for a Enve 2.0 fork; and the stock Shimano cables for Shimano DA9000 cables. None of this stuff has failed, not even the cables.

My other favorite is the 19 Masi Giromonda 700c touring bike, this bike is a one-bike does it-all bike, and I like it because of that, it's a Swiss Army knife of bikes. I use it to camp and tour on, when loaded it rides great but it is heavy, the steel racks add quite a bit of weight. I recently replaced the stock seat post and stem with Redshift Shockstop suspension system since I spend a lot of hours on it and wanted my old 70-year-old body to have a bit more forgiving ride.

I have several others too, all from the 80s, I was racing back then so had to have a main bike, and a backup bike in case I crashed the main bike which was a common occurrence in racing, I still have both of those because somehow, I managed to avoid crashing, not sure how I did that but I did.

And I have a few others.

But if I had to decide on just one, I would want the one that can do anything, the Masi.
  • My first bike was Giant Defy 2. I started cycling in 2013 and this model has a responsive frameset with an impressive supporting kit cast. I've still got this bike now and for the price, it was a steal!
  • That’s why I fell in love with cycling. My favorite bicycle now is Sava Hulk 4.0, because I haven’t tried other brands of bicycles yet.

• oxoman
    oxoman Posts: 349

An old Dawes Giro 300 old school sora with thumbshifters. Sold it to a mate and he's still using it. I put decent wheels and tyres on it and it just fitted like a glove.

Too many bikes according to Mrs O.