sunday slowing neutrinos

'ning

sunnynippy, must wear more

ride cafes and lazing
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,858
    Chilled start, couple of runs potentially today, but nothing confirmed 100%

    Maybe picking the MIL up for a few days 🙄
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning.
    Not needed any painkillers so far today. So it’s onward with more exercises and walking. Yet more cycling to watch.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,309
    tlw1 said:

    Chilled start, couple of runs potentially today, but nothing confirmed 100%

    Maybe picking the MIL up for a few days 🙄

    It's a good job you weren't picking up the MIL yesterday.

    'Look wot I done to your daughter'.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,309
    Frosty frosty frost first thing.
    I'll let the sun burn this off and then go for a real, actual pedal instead of on the plastic tarmac, 'cos there's no way the back roads would have been gritted.

    WC CX Men's later. There really is only bronze to fight for, gold and silver (in no particular order) has been decided.
    It's it's dry, MvdP. If it rained overnight, WvA.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,397
    Nice clear day out there. Chilling with the hounds while Mrs. 666 is out and about. Currently re-assessing skiing plans after getting quoted eye watering accommodation prices in the places we fancied going to - bloody French half term. A few jobs to do and a hound walk later on.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,666
    That was a cold one, left it until the frost had all lifted but the light breeze was still chilling. Headwind out, boo; tailwind back, yay! Though it took a good 45 mins for the legs to wake up.

    Now then, there's some CX to ogle I understand.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,397
    Yay, managed to get a short ride down the lanes in before it got dark. Feel a bit better for that.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,292
    Evening folks,
    Traditional slow start was enjoyed, then met the lad and went to the old dear's to do some odd jobs. Not feeling as bad today which is good, still popping pills though. For a moment there I thought the Italians were going to beat the French, unfortunately it was not to be, surprised it was that close.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,532
    Some pals over for a late lunch, he's going to be doing a month or more of tiling and decorating work for us and the neighbour down in Porlock after half term, so planning that. Well, Mrs B³ was planning it. Apart from replacing the beige carpet in the downstairs hall with some tiles, I think it's probably unnecessary.

    Now watching The Last of Us with a small beer. I watched the first one yesterday, when I remembered I have my brother's Now TV sign in details, swapped for our Disney one.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,397

    Some pals over for a late lunch, he's going to be doing a month or more of tiling and decorating work for us and the neighbour down in Porlock after half term, so planning that. Well, Mrs B³ was planning it. Apart from replacing the beige carpet in the downstairs hall with some tiles, I think it's probably unnecessary.

    Now watching The Last of Us with a small beer. I watched the first one yesterday, when I remembered I have my brother's Now TV sign in details, swapped for our Disney one.

    I'm watching 'The Last of Us' as well. Have seen Episodes 1-3 so won't spoil it for you in case you haven't seen all three yet. Episode 4 airs tomorrow evening IIRC. Really good take on the Zombie theme, in fact best one I've seen since 28 Days Later.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,394
    Stevo_666 said:

    Some pals over for a late lunch, he's going to be doing a month or more of tiling and decorating work for us and the neighbour down in Porlock after half term, so planning that. Well, Mrs B³ was planning it. Apart from replacing the beige carpet in the downstairs hall with some tiles, I think it's probably unnecessary.

    Now watching The Last of Us with a small beer. I watched the first one yesterday, when I remembered I have my brother's Now TV sign in details, swapped for our Disney one.

    I'm watching 'The Last of Us' as well. Have seen Episodes 1-3 so won't spoil it for you in case you haven't seen all three yet. Episode 4 airs tomorrow evening IIRC. Really good take on the Zombie theme, in fact best one I've seen since 28 Days Later.
    Watched Train to Busan again today. It’s up there.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,397
    edited February 2023
    seanoconn said:

    Stevo_666 said:

    Some pals over for a late lunch, he's going to be doing a month or more of tiling and decorating work for us and the neighbour down in Porlock after half term, so planning that. Well, Mrs B³ was planning it. Apart from replacing the beige carpet in the downstairs hall with some tiles, I think it's probably unnecessary.

    Now watching The Last of Us with a small beer. I watched the first one yesterday, when I remembered I have my brother's Now TV sign in details, swapped for our Disney one.

    I'm watching 'The Last of Us' as well. Have seen Episodes 1-3 so won't spoil it for you in case you haven't seen all three yet. Episode 4 airs tomorrow evening IIRC. Really good take on the Zombie theme, in fact best one I've seen since 28 Days Later.
    Watched Train to Busan again today. It’s up there.
    Thats a good one.

    They could do a Brit version, 'Train to Stranraer'. Would be very cheap as they wouldn't have to put make up on the extras :smile:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,309
    Equally, 'Train to Redcar' but I don't think the train even stops there.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,397
    pinno said:

    Equally, 'Train to Redcar' but I don't think the train even stops there.

    You have to take the branch line to Redcar if you want to see the worst of the Zombie apocalypse.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,309
    Stranraer Zombies vs Redcar Zombies.
    There's marketing opps in there.

    Maybe we could hold the contest in Alsager.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,397
    pinno said:

    Stranraer Zombies vs Redcar Zombies.
    There's marketing opps in there.

    Maybe we could hold the contest in Alsager.

    Not sure even zombies would want to go there.

    Reminds me of that film Cockney vs Zombies
    https://youtu.be/X5f11qqSs_Q
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]