michael1980 Posts: 14
edited January 2023 in Second hand bikes for sale
Hi I have for sale my orbea asphalt
Not sure if this is the place to sell ?

Shimano 105 gears breaks and peddles
Carbon 3T bars
Mavic cxp22 wheels
Carbon forks
Been stored in shed for a number of years so the bike has a few marks here and there.
In over all good condition.

Any interest please message me for further details

Comments

• webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    I guess you bother to read rules on selling. Given you not mentioned a price or a size.
  • michael1980
    michael1980 Posts: 14
    edited January 2023
    No you're right I didn't read the t&c....
    The size I'm unsure of I think it's a small/medium, the wheels are 26inch.

Price open to offers over £150
    Collection Welwyn Hertfordshire.
    Corrier arranged at your time and expense.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,588
    I suspect you'd do well to advertise it on Facebook marketplace, and with a raft of pictures and extra details.

It won't be 26" wheels, they will be 700c wheels.

I'd also figure out exactly which groupset is on there, model wise, and critically the size of the cogs up the front, ie 53/39, or 50/34 etc, combined with the number of gears at the back (8,9, 10 or 11), and if you can work it out, what the actual number of teeth are on the smallest and largest cog, ie 11-28.

People like close up pictures of a number of parts on the bike, so the shifters are a key one, as they can get sratched/scraped easily, as well as the rear derailleur, which can get trashed in a fall, and also the front crankset so the teeth can be viewed.

If you are not able to figure what size it is, take a measurement of the seat tube, and the top tube - there are guides on the internet of how and where to take these, as it will massively help prospective buyers, and also save you a ton of questions.

Glwts.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • daniel_b said:

I suspect you'd do well to advertise it on Facebook marketplace, and with a raft of pictures and extra details.

It won't be 26" wheels, they will be 700c wheels.

I'd also figure out exactly which groupset is on there, model wise, and critically the size of the cogs up the front, ie 53/39, or 50/34 etc, combined with the number of gears at the back (8,9, 10 or 11), and if you can work it out, what the actual number of teeth are on the smallest and largest cog, ie 11-28.

People like close up pictures of a number of parts on the bike, so the shifters are a key one, as they can get sratched/scraped easily, as well as the rear derailleur, which can get trashed in a fall, and also the front crankset so the teeth can be viewed.

If you are not able to figure what size it is, take a measurement of the seat tube, and the top tube - there are guides on the internet of how and where to take these, as it will massively help prospective buyers, and also save you a ton of questions.

Glwts.

Thanks for the advice I'll have a look now, I'm not an actual cyclists, I just enjoy 2 wheels, so all the names of parts etc is new to me.