saturday as cold as the spray of the rock-beating surf

'ning

nippier again

hill repeats, cafe repeats, laze, bubbly

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Walk hounds, local 5k, not sure if racing or pacing the current wife.

Grab some food and then a longer run.

Later is the pub with pals, before that could do with cleaning my car
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Byron for breakfast Sungod?

Sure beats that Robert Burns sleety dribble.

Quite bright, quite clear and quite not so windy. May pedal.
    I fear left hip ain't good and it's not my back after all. Have to cross fingers I get seen sooner rather than later in this chaos.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    Latest fortifications done after the foxes made another route under the fencing. Junior hound went on sniffari in the two adjoining gardens for a good while. Might have to invest in a sniper rifle and night sights to sort these bloody foxes out.

Headed out later to walk hounds then look at new garden sheds as the old one is an ancient piece of junk left by the last owners.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,433
    pinno said:

I fear left hip ain't good and it's not my back after all. Have to cross fingers I get seen sooner rather than later in this chaos.

Laters.

brrr and gloomygrey ride, but at least the highgate sheet ice has finally melted, many new potholes though

hip worn out? it's a slippery slope

cafe stroll time
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    sungod said:

pinno said:

Laters.

brrr and gloomygrey ride, but at least the highgate sheet ice has finally melted, many new potholes though

cafe stroll time
    Artificial hip #2 worn out. I have this gut feeling it's the acetabular cup and i'm hopeful that a cup change is all that is required.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Traditional slow start will be followed by not doing much of anything today. Also left hip related, but nothing like Piña's. Suspect tendons and/or ligaments got all bent out of shape, think I'll have to see about getting to a physio. Doubt it's anything the quacks can do much about.
    Managed to get to a pub last night and had drinks with the EPO and some friends, drove there and hobbled back.
    Have a good day everyone
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Sun has lifted the fog at last so will pedal off out in a bit. Legs are so out of form, and that's without (so far) any hip and / or post-bounce effects.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Talking of hips I’m on my third day with my new one. So far it’s do the exercises, try not over dose on painkillers and I hope I can still manage a dump at least once a day.
  • veronese68
    It's all about the little wins Webboo, hope the recovery goes well
  • webboo
    Like managing to get your boxers on by your self. :D
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    webboo said:

Talking of hips I’m on my third day with my new one. So far it’s do the exercises, try not over dose on painkillers and I hope I can still manage a dump at least once a day.

I had imagined you being younger with a name like webboo but good luck with the new hip. Hopefully you'll be fit for Wimbledon.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

sungod said:

pinno said:

Laters.

cafe stroll time
    Artificial hip #2 worn out. I have this gut feeling it's the acetabular cup and i'm hopeful that a cup change is all that is required.
    We can rebuild him.
  • pinno
    webboo said:

Pain killers and constipation.
    Eat lots of roughage, I mean lots. Perhaps some lactulose. There's nothing like straining with a sore hip to dissuade you from trying.

Back on rollers in 12 days last time. I have a T bar so don't have to worry about falling off and they are low resistance unlike a TT, so you can pedal really softly with the saddle raised slightly. I left it sat with the bike on as a semi permanent fixture to make it as easy and accessible as possible. I doubt the quacks would recommend but I couldn't bear any residual condition ebbing away to nothing.
    I just reduced the pedal tension so as not to put pressure on the hip with the lateral movement required but I learnt to unclip - heel towards the frame.
  • webboo
    I have lactose but going from stage 5 to stage 4 on the Bristol stool chart as well going from 3 or 4 times to once. That’s without the struggle to manoeuvre myself on to the raised toilet seat. The wife said I wasn’t drinking enough so I drank lots. Which resulted in having to get up every 90 mins last night for a pee. Which is a right laugh trying swing your leg round without stressing it, finding the walking sticks and hobbling to the bathroom the repeat on the return journey.
    To think I sort of thought I might be able to do some upper body weights in the first week and get on the turbo after a couple. Reality comes to us all at some point.
    Prior to my op I was struggling to use the turbo but I raised my saddle a cm and it was much more comfortable.
  • seanoconn
    Spooky Jackanory episode 26.

Walter (the Volkswagen) the reincarnation of Herbie, definitely doesn't want to be sold.(ULEZ expansion no choice) On the day he was first heading to the dealers, he some how managed to invoke a national lockdown, meaning potential buyers couldn't view him in person. Due to be sold today so he had a car wash, got some diesel in his tummy and then completely cut out on the way back and refused to start! Never ever happened before! Had to push him to a less obtrusive place and rack my brains as to what might be the problem, had i put petrol in by mistake? I'm sure i hadn't. Suddenly started again and acted like nothing had happened. Got home to make an appointment for today (there were loads of free slots this morning) nothing till tomorrow. I've had a chat with Walter and explained that we don't want to sell him but we have no choice, that he'll be going to a better home, probably in the countryside and be getting lots more exercise. Hopefully he behaves tomorrow but if there's some kind of global catastrophe in the mean time, you know why.
  • 10 mile run this morning and I'm officialy dead from the waist down.
    Last minute clothes shopping followed by some accoounting admin.
    Twighlight airport drop later to avoid the unwashed masses at 4am tomorow.
    Dinner out, not sure where yet but followed by an early night.

My next BR post should include beer!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666

Morning folks,
    Traditional slow start will be followed by not doing much of anything today. Also left hip related, but nothing like Piña's. Suspect tendons and/or ligaments got all bent out of shape, think I'll have to see about getting to a physio. Doubt it's anything the quacks can do much about.

Physios have gone down in my estimations since they managed to do precisely **** all to improve my tendon injury. Even the more experienced one I saw face to face for 9 sessions effectively admitted he didn't know the exact cause of the problem - I politely told him that all these bloody exercises he gave me were just guesses and he was hoping that some of them might improve things, so there was no point me coming along for another. Just as well BUPA were paying and it seems to be getting better slowly on its own.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    That's dull, especially given that I'd have to stump up for it myself. I think it probably needs time, feels unstable if that makes sense. Any sideways or twisting is particularly painful.
  • Stevo_666

That's dull, especially given that I'd have to stump up for it myself. I think it probably needs time, feels unstable if that makes sense. Any sideways or twisting is particularly painful.

Yep, I get it. I had similar symptoms with my tendon injury. In my case, it was time and rest that made the most difference.
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

Spooky Jackanory episode 26.

Walter (the Volkswagen) the reincarnation of Herbie, definitely doesn't want to be sold.(ULEZ expansion no choice) On the day he was first heading to the dealers, he some how managed to invoke a national lockdown, meaning potential buyers couldn't view him in person. Due to be sold today so he had a car wash, got some diesel in his tummy and then completely cut out on the way back and refused to start! Never ever happened before! Had to push him to a less obtrusive place and rack my brains as to what might be the problem, had i put petrol in by mistake? I'm sure i hadn't. Suddenly started again and acted like nothing had happened. Got home to make an appointment for today (there were loads of free slots this morning) nothing till tomorrow. I've had a chat with Walter and explained that we don't want to sell him but we have no choice, that he'll be going to a better home, probably in the countryside and be getting lots more exercise. Hopefully he behaves tomorrow but if there's some kind of global catastrophe in the mean time, you know why.

That was a super jackanory but where's episodes 1 to 25?

Pfft, amateur.
  • pinno
    webboo said:

I have lactose but going from stage 5 to stage 4 on the Bristol stool chart as well going from 3 or 4 times to once. That’s without the struggle to manoeuvre myself on to the raised toilet seat. The wife said I wasn’t drinking enough so I drank lots. Which resulted in having to get up every 90 mins last night for a pee. Which is a right laugh trying swing your leg round without stressing it, finding the walking sticks and hobbling to the bathroom the repeat on the return journey.
    To think I sort of thought I might be able to do some upper body weights in the first week and get on the turbo after a couple. Reality comes to us all at some point.
    Prior to my op I was struggling to use the turbo but I raised my saddle a cm and it was much more comfortable.

Yeah. I got that T shirt too.