Eurosport player

Eurosport player ceases to be today and although I can still watch it on the television as I have an Amazon fire stick. Is there any way I can still watch it on my iPad.
I can watch the normal Eurosport but that seems to all tennis and other cr*p.

Comments

• morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    webboo said:

Eurosport player ceases to be today and although I can still watch it on the television as I have an Amazon fire stick. Is there any way I can still watch it on my iPad.
    I can watch the normal Eurosport but that seems to all tennis and other cr*p.

Is it not just replaced by the discovery + service?
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Apparently so but I’ve still got 6 months to run on my subscription. However when I try to sign in to Discovery with my Eurosport pass word it’s invalid..
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,246
    edited January 2023
    Eurosport app replaced the Eurosport player app. Everything is there at least on the android version
  • webboo
    I think I’ve got it sussed now. When I downloaded the app and opened it, I felt my eyeballs were on fire with all the stuff flashing up.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,770
    edited January 2023

Eurosport app replaced the Eurosport player app. Everything is there at least on the android version

Updated - I've got the same on my TV, laptop and iPhone. Had to log in again though.
    Apple TV doesn't work but that's no biggie as the TV does.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • webboo
    In its wisdom my bank stopped the renewal payment to Eurosport, I have tried to renew it. However it now appears that in the UK and Europe you can only get Eurosport through the Discovery channel at £59:99 rather than the £39:99 I was paying before.
    Is the only way to get Eurosport now.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,686
    Mine auto renewed 3 days ago at full £39.99 as didn't get the 1/2 price Black Friday option of the previous 2 years last November. App working on FireStick tv and iPad.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,538
    You can get Discovery + free if you have some other subscriptions. I got mine through Sky Q but I think there was another way too. It’s on the thread in Pro Race.
  • webboo
    orraloon said:

Mine auto renewed 3 days ago at full £39.99 as didn't get the 1/2 price Black Friday option of the previous 2 years last November. App working on FireStick tv and iPad.

It was the auto renewal the bank stopped. But it seems I can’t now get Eurosport without going through Discovery.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,246
    edited July 2023
    orraloon said:

Same. Still a bargain.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,770

orraloon said:

Same. Still a bargain.
    Same for me but I wonder if something changed on 01/07/2023?
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • webboo
    I did contact the Eurosport help line and Sasha who might be a bot or human informed me I had to go through Discovery, she/it said it would be the same price but it’s 59:99. I got back in touch to say I don’t want Discovery with all its extras. But I haven’t received a reply.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,686
    There's an offer mentioned on the Cycling Podcast of 15% off GCN. gcn.eu/cycling15
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,583
    edited July 2023
    Yes I'm sure that is the case, £59.99 for Discovery that gives you most things, or £39.99 for GCN - which I sub to.

I have wistful memories of my £1.99 12 month sub a few years back :D
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18