microshift cassette arrived without spacers

Just wondering if anyone knows if this cassette bought from Wiggle should have any individual spacers . It's a H-100 10 speed 11-28t. The first 7 cogs are one peice with built in spacers. There are three individual cogs for gears 8, 9 and 10. I was expecting spacers to put inbetween these, but perhaps they don't need any. Tried to chat to wiggle for an answer, but couldn't get one.

Comments

• The smallest few cogs will generally have the spacer built in to the cog (on Shimano cassettes, at least).
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    As above. Miche does something very similar with their cassettes, with a flange pressed into the last few sprockets.

Try mounting it to a freewheel - if the necessary gaps are there, then you don't need spacers. If they aren't - then you do.
  • Didn't it come on a mounting tool ?
  • 1964johnr
    1964johnr Posts: 179
    No mounting tool. Thanks for the input. I can see that these individual cogs have flanges built in and stacking them up as they should go on to the freehub, it looks like there may be no need for spacers. First time i've tried any cassette other than shimano. It's steel, so a little heavier, but £ 10 ln the Wiggle and Chain Reaction sale tempted me to try it on the winter bike. Also managed to pick up a 9 speed Sora front mech for another bike for £ 10.