Willing the week away on Wednesday

Good sleep just not enough.

Slowly walk hounds as body gets used to being fuelled by things other than cider.

Could do with a rest day, but I don’t like resting

Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Zombie kids packed off to school. Wobbled to work in the rain although the forecast said dry. Took it easy as was overdressed for the temp. Roll on Christmas
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    'ning

gloomygrey and soggy still

cafe stroll, wfh, laze
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,161
    Another day wfh. In the kitchen for a change of scenery. May ride later as my Thursday communt may be called off.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Also WFH as not feeling too good which is a pain as it's a busy month of work, skiing, training etc etc etc.
    Might go for a swim depening if the mood improves throughout the morning.
    Coop has run out of resonably priced cold and flu tabs and I'm not paying £7 for a branded box which contains exactly the same ingredients.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195

Also WFH as not feeling too good which is a pain as it's a busy month of work, skiing, training etc etc etc.
    Coop has run out of resonably priced cold and flu tabs and I'm not paying £7 for a branded box which contains exactly the same ingredients.

I found the Beecham's powders as good as the expensive lemon name sounding one's.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Woke up at 5.23am bustin for a piddle. Tossed and turned in bed for I dunno how long thinking 'can't sleep, may as well get up' but crashed into a deep sleep.
    Now zombified like Seano's kids.

Mine are off until next Wednesday.
  • @pinno my thoughts exactly.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,410
    Morning. Surely it's gotta be Friday by now!? Need a sofa nap. Boss would frown on this as I'm WFW.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Ah bugrit. Planned to do a Wednesday wheelers meet up for lunchtime; weather deteriorating and wind picking up; ponder do I wimp out and car it there instead?

Then get a message saying my courier package due tomorrow will now arrive today between 1230 and 1530.

That's that decided for me then.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,520

Also WFH as not feeling too good which is a pain as it's a busy month of work, skiing, training etc etc etc.

In a similar vein, I don't understand how nurofen and other branded or "pain-specific" painkillers are still in business. Generics are the same drug, which gets into your body at the same rate, for a quarter of the price or less.
  • beansnikpoh
    Looked windy out, so I stayed home. Though Mrs B3 seems to be on an economy drive, the house is only being "heated" to 18 degrees. Off to go and see what's in the fridge in a bit.
  • sungod

In a similar vein, I don't understand how nurofen and other branded or "pain-specific" painkillers are still in business. Generics are the same drug, which gets into your body at the same rate, for a quarter of the price or less.
    same reason people vote for corrupt liars - ignorance/gullibility/stupidity

i had a bizarre conversation a couple of weeks ago with some silly woman who clearly had far more money than sense, she was explaining that she preferred organic honey as a sweetener because it was "sugar free"

• pinno
    18 deg is perfectly fine, don't understand that one.

Anhyoo; Ibuprofen - 16 tablets for 86p at my local corner shop. £3.19 for equivalent Nurofen.
  • beansnikpoh
    sungod said:

same reason people vote for corrupt liars - ignorance/gullibility/stupidity

i had a bizarre conversation a couple of weeks ago with some silly woman who clearly had far more money than sense, she was explaining that she preferred organic honey as a sweetener because it was "sugar free"

Mrs B3 labours under the misapprehension that brown sugar is healthier than white. Ditto expensive flakes of sea salt vs cheap rock salt or table salt. I've given up explaining as I bore myself.
  • seanoconn

Looked windy out, so I stayed home. Though Mrs B3 seems to be on an economy drive, the house is only being "heated" to 18 degrees. Off to go and see what's in the fridge in a bit.

It’s warmer outside today 😂

Ahh, fridge gazing. One of my most favourite hobbies. I’ll often gaze longingly into a fridge, close the door only to return a few minutes later to see something interesting has magically appeared. 😃
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

Anhyoo; Ibuprofen - 16 tablets for 86p at my local corner shop. £3.19 for equivalent Nurofen.

Is Nurofen a mixture of paracetamol and ibuprofen?
  • sungod
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

afaik nurofen is just ibuprofen marketed in various doses/formats

the two are safe to take together, but adding paracetamol in tablets marketed under the nurofen brand would be unwise and maybe even blocked by regulators - people might not realise it's in there, which risks inadvertent od if they also take paracetamol separately
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Another busy day in the orifice, bored of this already.

Surely it's gotta be Friday by now!?

It's been a long week. Maybe I could have a kip in the first aid room, that's a good idea.
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Nurofen is just a brand name ibuprofen, they may have been first on the market.
    Got to go to the old dear's tonight and check things are ok before her return on Friday.
  • Just check the PL code on the box of pills, if cheap Ibuprofen from Asda matches Nurofen then they're exactly the same.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Munsford0
    Munsford0 Posts: 606
    Nurofen is ibuprofen
    Nurofen Plus is ibuprofen plus codeine
    Nuromol is ibuprofen plus paracetamol

Buy the branded stuff and all you're paying for is the adverts you see on telly

just buy the generic stuff for pennies from Tesco / Asda etc
  • See above.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • beansnikpoh
    pinno said:

It's bloody freezing when you're sitting at a desk is what it is.
  • beansnikpoh
    seanoconn said:

It’s warmer outside today 😂

Ahh, fridge gazing. One of my most favourite hobbies. I’ll often gaze longingly into a fridge, close the door only to return a few minutes later to see something interesting has magically appeared. 😃
    There was ham and mustard. Plus some holey cheese. One mince pie in the cupboard.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    You lot keep buying the Nurofen, I need my Reckitt Benckiser divis to keep growing. Me, no chance, I'm no that daft, it's down the Coop.

My day early courier package arrived at 1315, so just as well I bailed on the lunchtime meet. Showery and windy as well. Next time...

Looks like I don't need planning permission for one of the items on The List, changing layout and appearance of front porch, window becomes bigger door, lies within Permitted Development as not enlarging the building nor increasing internal volume. At least is how I read it. Just need to find a builder who is a) good and b) not booked out for next year plus.
  • seanoconn said:

That reminds me of one of my faviourite video clips...

https://youtu.be/67dRRrRz2t8

Init
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,161

seanoconn said:

That reminds me of one of my faviourite video clips...

https://youtu.be/67dRRrRz2t8

Init
    :smiley:

Not seen that one before. Bud light did some good ones.
    https://youtu.be/JzLR-82k5PQ
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]