'ning

happy new year

still relatively mild, possibility of non-soggy start

ride, cafes, first mince pie of the year, laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Hounds won’t walk themselves, should really start clearing up the carnage but hopefully (ok doubtfully) the wife will wake up and do it whilst I’m walking the hounds.

Run organised for 11 - not 100% sure others will make it judging by their ale intake last night.

• Moaning,

Happy New Year

Bright windy and drying, if this keeps up I might well be on the bike around dinnertime for an off-road jolly with possible stops (pubs) on the way :)

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    Up a bit too early for my liking as the hounds need walking and there's no rain forecast for a change. May try for a New Year's bike ride later to get myself off to a good start, unfortunately no pub stops are involved.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330
    Morning Addle-pated lumps of anthracite

Happy new year, Bonne année!

Back is a bit better this morning.
    Not sure I have the energy or the back is good enough for a pedal to kick start 23 but I will try.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,532
    ride ridden, many soggy roads due to umpteen burst pipes rather than rain, some new giant potholes as well

i shall now make a beef and horseradish baguette, nom

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    Fairly low-key start. This is good. Loafed about this morning, out for lunch and stuff. Drinkies down the road with neighbours this evening.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    Happy new year folks,
    I too have a bit of a thick head for some reason, can't imagine why. Good fun last night, lots of booze left so tempted to do a repeat tonight. Might go for a walk or a gentle wobble to try and clear the head.
  • Stevo_666
    Ride rided. Country lanes were pretty filthy so will need to clean the bike tomorrow.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Drove me and my cold back to London. This did not improve my cold. Bed at 10:30 last night. No booze, but a healthy swig of pholcodine, which was disappointing, but helped with the cough.

First cold in 3 years. I'd forgotten how shyyte they are. If only MiL had done the decent thing and stayed at home on Christmas Day.

Took down Xmas down there this morning, and will take it down here tomorrow.

HNY to yers.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330
    Stevo_666 said:

Ride rided. Country lanes were pretty filthy so will need to clean the bike tomorrow.

Not hose it off straight after your ride rather than scrape it off tomorrow when it's all dried out?
    You see, you could train Ukrainian girl proper.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Not hose it off straight after your ride rather than scrape it off tomorrow when it's all dried out?
    You see, you could train Ukrainian girl proper.
    There's already a layer or two caked on :)