sunday yo ho ho and a bottle of bubbly

2»

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,085
    oxoman said:

pinno said:

oxoman said:

I was born in the black country before it was taken over, luckily left before I started speaking yamyam.

So we're related?
    Fcuk.

Depends which bit. Think of the worst possible place nowadays and I'll let you know if your close.
    The Brierley bonk?

So much food

anch'io sono imbottito

Xmas pud later, much much later.

The Barbera D'Alba is rather good.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    pinno said:

oxoman said:

pinno said:

oxoman said:

I was born in the black country before it was taken over, luckily left before I started speaking yamyam.

So we're related?
    Fcuk.

Depends which bit. Think of the worst possible place nowadays and I'll let you know if your close.
    The Brierley bonk?
    is how oxoman was created.
  • pinno
    thistle_ said:

pinno said:

oxoman said:

pinno said:

oxoman said:

So we're related?
    Fcuk.

The Brierley bonk?
    is how oxoman was created.
    I think you're on to something.
  • pinno
    On a huge plus side, I managed a real, actual pedal out in the sticks and said good merryments to a few individuals whom I have known for a while.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    A belated nadoleg llawen to everyone. Been a busy day of migraine suffering, food, snoozing and family games. But on the other hand, Mrs GTi has bought gold circle tickets for Springsteen in the summer so that’s a massive Christmas treat for yours truly and a bucket list item to be ticked off.

Hope you’ve all had equally good luck in the pressie department!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,195
    🤔 how old are you then Oxo? The Vale has been Oxfordshire since 1974, when the Readingites were turfed back south of the Ridgeway.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Quickish drive down here. Slowed up by torrential rain, I need new wiper blades.

More or less unpacked. Mini has buggered off next door to see her chum. The boy has disappeared, allegedly to buy a vape. Mrs B³ is stamping around like the world has ended.

I'm having a glass of red, because I started cooking at 10, cleared away at 2, packed the cars, drove down here, unpacked the cars, and it's meant to be Christmas day.
  • pinno
    Give that Mrs B³ a good slap. Send her to some refugee camp somewhere for a month 'sabbatical'.

Amongst other things, I got some socks. Yay!
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    pinno said:

Give that Mrs B³ a good slap. Send her to some refugee camp somewhere for a month 'sabbatical'.

I got the 12 socks of Christmas off mini. Bloody love socks, me. I also got an astronomy book (I have never shown any interest in astronomy, though it's a dark zone down here, so the stars do pop), a belt that is too small, and a book about Vikings. This is up there with the shittest Christmases. At least the beef was good.
  • pinno

At least the beef was good.

... the only thing that was really good was in the power of your own hands.

We had beef too and Yorkshire puddings.

I can't complain:
    4 pairs heavy dooty socks.
    Odlo base layer (sumptuously soft).
    Some chocolates
    Nivea shaving stuff to make me smeel and look mainly
    £20!. I mean £20? That's from Mrs P's grandmother.

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,125
    pinno said:

I can't complain:
    Some chocolates

but what did beans get?

ours got tuna, huge new scratching post, and of course the cardboard box it came in is an instant favourite
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Bubbly was rank, recent bottle of red was rank too… th8nk retailers don’t store bottles properly anymore. Recent cold probably spoiled them
    left the forum March 2023
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644

pinno said:

I got the 12 socks of Christmas off mini. Bloody love socks, me. I also got an astronomy book (I have never shown any interest in astronomy, though it's a dark zone down here, so the stars do pop), a belt that is too small, and a book about Vikings. This is up there with the shittest Christmases. At least the beef was good.
    mate, its Christmas. It alwaysshite.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • pinno

Bubbly was rank, recent bottle of red was rank too… th8nk retailers don’t store bottles properly anymore. Recent cold probably spoiled them

Did you eat out?
  • pinno
    sungod said:

pinno said:

I can't complain:
    Some chocolates

but what did beans get?

ours got tuna, huge new scratching post, and of course the cardboard box it came in is an instant favourite
    Yes, kids and cats love boxes.
    Beans has a scratch post (which he doesn't use) and he is in the dog house after a bird killing spree. It's got worse since I put a collar and bell on him. It's as if he thinking 'i'll bring gifts and you take this damn thing off my beck'.
    ...and he does not like fish. I even read him the 'Cats Ahoy' story.
    Jack would be turning in his grave.