saturday is humming quietly

2»

Comments

• photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,417

Finally got the caad tarted up and took it out for my traditional Xmas eve 100km ride. Forgot to stick the rear light on, fortunately mate lives near the coffee shop so popped in to his to cadge a spare and then grab a coffee and cake from over the road.

Treated myself to an xmas present of a new turntable (other half doesn't 'do' gifts 😂). Currently listening to Marvin Gaye whilst eating the Ferrero Rocher given to us by next door.

Cool. What turntable did you present yourself? What's your hifi set-up?
    (hifi talk seems to be notable by its absence on this forum)

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• Cool. What turntable did you present yourself? What's your hifi set-up?

Upgraded to a Rega P6 with an aria phono stage. Currently running it through a Brio amp but this is being upgraded to an Exposure 2510 in the New Year! Got a pair of Neat Motive speakers. Very happy with it all.

How about you @photonic69
  • P6 is a fine unit. Have a P3 here but cartridge alignment is currently f^^ked.

Krell integrated / Rega P3 / Sonus Faber / Oppo disc player DAC / Velodyne is in room 1 for music. Dead Krell DVD player as heat sink vent box. 😄

Krell Foundation pre/pro / Marantz 7ch power amp / B&W 704 and CDM7 NT speakers / streamer and Panasonic UHD transport / Sony OLED / Velodyne sub for room 2 TV
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    edited December 2022

Cool. What turntable did you present yourself? What's your hifi set-up?

Upgraded to a Rega P6 with an aria phono stage. Currently running it through a Brio amp but this is being upgraded to an Exposure 2510 in the New Year! Got a pair of Neat Motive speakers. Very happy with it all.

How about you @photonic69
    I should hope you can hear the soloist fart with that sort of kit.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,687
    Hey WS, did Santa drop off a load of bits?
  • orraloon said:

Hey WS, did Santa drop off a load of bits?

Nah, zip. Might be a delivery of some gadgets next week which will be classified as Xmas loot. 🙂
  • Krell integrated / Rega P3 / Sonus Faber / Oppo disc player DAC / Velodyne is in room 1 for music

Nice kit WS. Never listened to any Krell kit in person but heard good things about their equipment.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,149

Velodne

Do you pedal at 78 rpm to make the record play?
  • Krell integrated / Rega P3 / Sonus Faber / Oppo disc player DAC / Velodyne is in room 1 for music

Nice kit WS. Never listened to any Krell kit in person but heard good things about their equipment.
    I’ve had Krell stuff for a very long time, and although I’ve heard better gear, nothing else has yet convinced me to spend up and change it. 🙂