2»

Comments

• MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Holy f.uck I hate shops this time of year, hate with a passion. Been to three different supermarkets today to please everyone, hell on earth.

One was bad enough yesterday. Even went in the morning to avoid what I thought would be the worst of it but was clearly not early enough. Anyhow, all stocked up now so can start making inroads into the supplies :)
    Snowed in, zombie invasion, we’re all set. Inroads are being made.
    Only wine to buy here. There's a nice shop by Wimbledon Park tube. One last present to pick up and wrap tomorrow. Everything else is done, wrapped and under the tree. Fridge and freezer full.

Contract signed and returned. Resignation email sent.
    Nice one and nice Christmas pressie for your boss. What's your notice period out of interest?
    12 weeks, I thought it was 3 months, but that'll give me a few days in between finishing and starting. I'll finish on 17th March and start on 24th. I'm cycling in Tenerife 16th to 21st, so that's good timing!
    remember to deduct every single minute of annual leave you can grt. then any bank holidays and weird schizzle that occurs.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,788
    webboo said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Holy f.uck I hate shops this time of year, hate with a passion. Been to three different supermarkets today to please everyone, hell on earth.

One was bad enough yesterday. Even went in the morning to avoid what I thought would be the worst of it but was clearly not early enough. Anyhow, all stocked up now so can start making inroads into the supplies :)
    Only wine to buy here. There's a nice shop by Wimbledon Park tube. One last present to pick up and wrap tomorrow. Everything else is done, wrapped and under the tree. Fridge and freezer full.

Nice one and nice Christmas pressie for your boss. What's your notice period out of interest?
    12 weeks, I thought it was 3 months, but that'll give me a few days in between finishing and starting. I'll finish on 17th March and start on 24th. I'm cycling in Tenerife 16th to 21st, so that's good timing!
    Is not 12 weeks 3 months. Maybe you are talking in accountant code.
    12 months of 4 weeks a month is 48 weeks a year but there are 52 weeks in a year.
    I'm sure you know that (like most) but people lose out if they don't account for it.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,355
    thistle_ said:

pinno said:

<

Never mind that, don't you look at any new posts?
    Humph.

Oh no, he doesn't...
    Oh yes he did.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,522
    edited December 2022

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Fortunate timing indeed. They put me on 6 months when I joined, which is good if they ever think of giving me the boot but less good if I decide to move.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]