friday evidence for pineapple - dark matter interaction hints at new physics beyond standard model

'ning

brrr

quick nip into gmc, mince pie, bail, laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,178
    'ning

    I guess the other thread is just for holiday snaps?

    Been out for a short run, it's -7 but when you're moving it's warm and the headtorch reflecting off the frost was like the world's biggest migraine but without the pain :smiley:
    Painkillers and WFH today.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,629
    he didn't say 'friday', so i think it's a travelogue
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,898
    Extended walk for the hounds, so they are happy

    Work stuff, maybe first run of the week as man flu is easing.

    Swim at the club and then out in town for romantic drinks and meal with the current wife
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,528
    oxoman said:

    Morning all, currently on day 3 of some form of lurgy. Bed rest since Wed, both lads bad as well so we'll call it man flu. All runs, rides etc cancelled till 100 percent better. OH was stressing till she realised less cooking, washing etc. Have a good wkend all.

    You've not been sharing TLW's pond have you?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,528
    Meh. Gone windy and drizzly and gloomy grey. Bye bye bright stuff and sledging.

    Might wander over to see if Welder bloke is up to speed again.
    He was away doing breakdowns all day Friday, then shooting Saturday, then chopping wood Sunday so 3 successive days chilled to the bone.
    I suggested a bit of welding would warm him up.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,773
    Nasal snots machine back into full production mode. Another rough night to be followed by a moping about, doing not much at all day, sipping (coop pharmacy much cheaper alternative) lemsips and watching no doubt the pretty white stuff start to disappear. And that's the frost not the Colombian, coz nose is blocked innit.
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,486
    Morning all. Brass monkeys here. -8C!!!
    Not ridden in weeks due to ongoing back issues. WFW today but hardly work as Xmas lunch shenanigans today, which means starting on the mulled wine in about 36 minutes (10am) and continuing on late into the night. Record was 3am finish a few years back.


    Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

  • thistle_ said:

    'ning

    I guess the other thread is just for holiday snaps?

    Been out for a short run, it's -7 but when you're moving it's warm and the headtorch reflecting off the frost was like the world's biggest migraine but without the pain :smiley:
    Painkillers and WFH today.

    The lies people tell themselves... lol.

    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Day of... recovery. Lazy start, out to collect some bits and pieces, into town for OH to sign some documents, visited old mate to drop off some spare cables for his resurrected hifi, and home to a spot of tinkering with odds and ends.

    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,178

    thistle_ said:

    'ning

    I guess the other thread is just for holiday snaps?

    Been out for a short run, it's -7 but when you're moving it's warm and the headtorch reflecting off the frost was like the world's biggest migraine but without the pain :smiley:
    Painkillers and WFH today.

    The lies people tell themselves... lol.

    Nah it was fine, it's not like I was naked.
    This time.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,857
    Just wrapping up work stuff for 2022 :) Out of office autoreply is on and have teflon desked plenty of stuff to those who deserve it most. Laptop lid going down shortly, just in time for junior coming back from Liverpool.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,412
    Evening folks,
    Busy day in the orifice with lots to do, but quiet as only one other person upstairs with me. Had to go and collect my new glasses so the two of us went and inspected the world through the bottom of some other glasses. Sulked after going back in as emptying glasses was far more entertaining.
    Very cold wobble to and from, think that's probably my limit for cold riding.
    Met the EPO in a local hostelry on the way home, makes for a good start to the weekend.
    Going to get female offspring from uni tomorrow, can we call her a child now she's over 21?
    Have a good weekend one and all
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,178


    Going to get female offspring from uni tomorrow, can we call her a child now she's over 21?

    If it embarrasses her in front of friends then yes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,528
    thistle_ said:


    Going to get female offspring from uni tomorrow, can we call her a child now she's over 21?

    If it embarrasses her in front of friends then yes.
    So looking forward to when Shorty an Tricky are at secondary school and i can shout loudly "Bye honey bunny, have a good day with your friends".
    Ha ha!
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,977
    pinno said:

    thistle_ said:


    Going to get female offspring from uni tomorrow, can we call her a child now she's over 21?

    If it embarrasses her in front of friends then yes.
    So looking forward to when Shorty an Tricky are at secondary school and i can shout loudly "Bye honey bunny, have a good day with your friends".
    Ha ha!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmYLR-Ta37g
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,528
    Not quite that PB.
    That's slightly too oblique.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,629
    pblakeney said:

    pinno said:

    thistle_ said:


    Going to get female offspring from uni tomorrow, can we call her a child now she's over 21?

    If it embarrasses her in front of friends then yes.
    So looking forward to when Shorty an Tricky are at secondary school and i can shout loudly "Bye honey bunny, have a good day with your friends".
    Ha ha!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmYLR-Ta37g
    also my first thought :smiley:
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny