Alaphilippe? He's won nothing for years...

davidof
davidof Posts: 3,066
Not me, but his boss Patrick Lefévère in the Belgium daily "la dernier Heure". The outspoken team manager went on "he owes me, he's paid champion's wages but he has to show me he still is a champion, i don't give a **** if he's World Champion, but these last years he's not won much. yes he's had a lot of bad luck but it is always the same who are luckly and the same who are cursed"
BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
Instagramme

Comments

• MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Should he swallow his pride and retire?
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,577
    edited December 2022
    davidof said:

" i don't give a **** if he's World Champion, but these last years he's not won much..."

He can't see the wood for the trees.
    Probably the French obsession with the Tour. Not gonna happen in the foreseeable.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • That crash he had earlier this year(?) in the ditch sounded absolutely brutal.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,407
    edited December 2022
    pblakeney said:

davidof said:

" i don't give a **** if he's World Champion, but these last years he's not won much..."

He can't see the wood for the trees.
    Probably the French obsession with the Tour. Not gonna happen in the foreseeable.
    Lefevere is Belgian and Alaphilippe isn't focusing on the Tour GC since that one time (in 2019 I think). The team is Belgian as well.

Lefevere definitely does not mean the Tour GC. He is much more likely talking about LBL and Lombardia as well as the lesser Ardennes and winning 2-3 GT stages per year etc, maybe even RVV considering how Pogacar did there (and Alaphilippe being in the final selection himself with WVA and MvdP before he crashed out).
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • "Mr Lefévère, what are your thoughts on England as a football team?"

...Blimey.