Trailcross GTX Query

Anyone got a pair and how are they in the cold? and I mean 5°C and below.

Current shoes with dhb winter weight merino socks, still getting cold toes (don't have much of an air gap at the toes though)

Considering these as a number of review say they keep their feet dry and warm, however the reviews never seem to mention what temp they are riding.

Comments

• DELETE
    DELETE Posts: 6
    edited September 2023

Anyone got a pair and how are they in the cold? and I mean 5°C and below.

Current shoes with dhb winter weight merino socks, still getting cold toes (don't have much of an air gap at the toes though)

Considering these as a number of review say they keep their feet dry and warm, however the reviews never seem to mention what temp they are riding.

I don't know yet, but I have these shoes.
    Here is my album of Trailcross GTX https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjATadi
    I've tried the regular Trailcross tthey were great to walk in, so is the GTX, same sole, stiff, supportive, but bends at the ball of the foot, so easy to walk in. But the toe protection is not as good as RideConcepts, but they don't have any winter shoes.
    But I know which shoes you should avoid.
    Northwave Multicross Mid GTX Winter shoes
    Here is my review, but to sum it up, the outer sole has horrible grip, slips off, only grips with weight on it or pedalling. fits with ankle braces, but too much room for me in the heel. https://wp.me/p60aTF-3ES
    These are insulated, I rode them in -10C, and in -5C in fog. I stayed warm. The toe protection is good. But I bought the Trailcross GTX to get proper grip. They are not insulated. They just have a adjustable gaiter and Gore-Tex membrane. But I suggest using two pairs of wool socks if you need more warmth.
    I have 11cm wide feet, so I have to sue size 44, but this leaves me with a lot of toe room. but the fit is the same as other Five Ten shoes, so I will be able to fit two pairs of wool socks. I rode with that in the past in Freerider EPS in -10c. I suspect this will be doable. But I've not tried it yet. But I will.
    I did not go for the Leatt shoes due to coil zipper, those are easy to damage, and they wear out faster. SO I can't recommend those, despite not trying them.
    In my option so far there is no other option if you want great grip and water and windproof shoes. But wish it had the toe protection of Ride Concepts.