Contador is a Vet

Turned 40 today, happy birthday! What is his best win in your opinion?

Personally, I found the last one up the Angliru quite emotional and meaningful
left the forum March 2023

Comments

• singleton
    singleton Posts: 2,523
    I misunderstood the title.
    I thought he had retrained for his retirement.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,936
    singleton said:

I misunderstood the title.
    I thought he had retrained for his retirement.

He is partial to a bit of cow. 😉
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 6,029
    edited December 2022
    How does he aerodynamically attach his vet instruments to the TT frame for farm trips? ;)
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,484
    The stage that won him the 2012 Vuelta.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644

Turned 40 today, happy birthday! What is his best win in your opinion?

Personally, I found the last one up the Angliru quite emotional and meaningful

2005 Setamana a Cyclisme Catalan

A true show roadcraft, tactics, emerging talent, joy on the bike, youthful exhuberance, friendship, teamwork.

The definition of la grinta

Just a joy to watch from first pedal stroke to last. The beginings of one of the geatest souplesse ever. Dancing not on the pedals but with.

MF isn't one to get emotional but even now this sends shivers down his back.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • 2009 TT around lake Annecy was a masterclass… up to that point, Armstrong was still trying to split the team and use his experience to regain the yellow jersey, but he just crushed him on the American’s favourite terrain
  • Paris Nice 2007 for me: the first time I realised he was going to be a sensation (sadly to the cost of recently departed Davide Rebellin).

The way he toasted the field on the Col dEze impressed me but I didn't think he'd be a match for Evans, Kirchen, and Zubeldia come July.
    ================================
    Cake is just weakness entering the body
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644

2009 TT around lake Annecy was a masterclass… up to that point, Armstrong was still trying to split the team and use his experience to regain the yellow jersey, but he just crushed him on the American’s favourite terrain

nah, fam. soz.

fades totally into the background if you watch him during 2005's Tour of the Basque Country - pure unadulterated power, barely contained by his slight frame yet perfectly garnering every bit of energy, power, momentum, cornering, prowess and talent.

Stupidly, stupidly impressive.

Easily, easily heads and shouldrrs sbove Annecy. Easily. Annecy turns into a local club 10 compared to ToBC.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,657
    Guess he has to mooove on...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,863
    I only used Paint, and took 2 minutes........

Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,532

2009 TT around lake Annecy was a masterclass… up to that point, Armstrong was still trying to split the team and use his experience to regain the yellow jersey, but he just crushed him on the American’s favourite terrain

This. He was nails that Tour. Made it look easy.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    A reminder of the time he won a dog for winning a stage

Twitter: @RichN95
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,657
    Classic Moore 😥

SUNDAY (Verbier)
    On the podium in Verbier, the stage winner and new yellow jersey, Alberto Contador, is presented with an unusual prize: an enormous St Bernard dog. Though clearly well trained, he is breathing heavily and seems not entirely comfortable. But this is perhaps inevitable after two weeks of Lance Armstrong's mind games. As for the dog, he seems fine.
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    I'd be impressed if the dog was on the front all day. Mountain dog-mess-tique anybody?
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,453
    My favourite wasn't a win. It was his ride on the Mortirolo where he basically ate Aru's soul. Landa won that stage, but Contador fairly casually bridging the gap after his bike change is just insane.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,769
    Watching one of those Armstrong documentaries when he completely broke Lance always left me with a soft spot for him. :smile:
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • MattFalle said:

nah, fam. soz.

fades totally into the background if you watch him during 2005's Tour of the Basque Country - pure unadulterated power, barely contained by his slight frame yet perfectly garnering every bit of energy, power, momentum, cornering, prowess and talent.

Stupidly, stupidly impressive.

Easily, easily heads and shouldrrs sbove Annecy. Easily. Annecy turns into a local club 10 compared to ToBC.
    What impressed me about 2009 is that he was set up to fail by his very team. Bruyneel was obviously on Armstrong side, and there was this sense that history could repeat itself and the miracle man could come out of retirement for the second time and win the Tour again, as his last hurrah before bowing out for good.
    Must have been tough for Contador, yet he seamlessly destroyed the field and basically won despite his team manager's ideas.