Court Case Details

Is it possible to look up Crown Court case details online anywhere?

Comments

• mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,619
    What details do you want?

Crown Courts are public courts so the court should be able to confirm the outcome of a case hearing to you upon request.

There's not really an online resource for case results that the public would have access to unless they're reported cases such as Court of Appeal judgments.
  • Previous tenant, who's been on remand for the last year or so, their trial has come up this week. I'd like to know what the outcome was.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,583
    You'd think there would be an easily accessible public record for this up to the point where the any convinction is spent. I assume you've tried searching the local paper's online editions and scouring the local police social media? My local force does summaries of who has been in court I think (seems to be their own officers quite a lot recently!).
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,688
    Pross said:

You'd think there would be an easily accessible public record for this up to the point where the any convinction is spent. I assume you've tried searching the local paper's online editions and scouring the local police social media? My local force does summaries of who has been in court I think (seems to be their own officers quite a lot recently!).

Coz that wouldn't be misused in any way.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,583
    It’s all public record anyway
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644

Previous tenant, who's been on remand for the last year or so, their trial has come up this week. I'd like to know what the outcome was.

is this for nosiness or legal proceedings you vs him reasons?
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.