'ning

cold, perhaps dry, brrr anyway

cafe stroll, wfh, bit of hols prep, laze, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    'Ning

Windy af here, not currently raining. Hopefully a gap between the thunderstorms for take off.
    Might go to the gym on the way home if it doesn't take hours to get through passport control and baggage at Manchester.
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,669
    Morning. Dry and bits of brightness here. Wfh today. Back is killing me. Painkillers and heatpack all day I recon. B0llocks.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129
    mrs s off to visit girly chum in palm beach, just called me to confirm she's onboard, feet up and bubbly flowing, i'm not jealous, no, not at all

stroll strolled, blue sky at the moment
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,620

Morning. Dry and bits of brightness here. Wfh today. Back is killing me. Painkillers and heatpack all day I recon. B0llocks.

Sounds nasty. Any idea what's causing it - muscular, nerves?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    The cave was a bit chilly this morning so am racking up my electricity bill while attempting to work. Waiting for the judgment on a big litigation case that's been going on for years over on the continent - fingers crossed.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • photonic69
    Stevo_666 said:

Thanks. No idea. I do daily back exercises (strengthening and stretching) to mitigate back problems. Being a photographer I carry heavy camera bags and do regular lifting and twisting motions - I know, very bad to do that causes back issues. However, this never causes me an issue. Last time it was lifting my road bike up a single step! Hardly heavy. This time it was either swapping 4 wheels on my car for winter tyres/moving a box in our conservatory/bending to put my socks on or wiping my @rse.

Good luck for your litigation case. Sounds like it could be stressful waiting for the results!

• Stevo_666
    edited November 2022

Stevo_666 said:

Thanks. No idea. I do daily back exercises (strengthening and stretching) to mitigate back problems. Being a photographer I carry heavy camera bags and do regular lifting and twisting motions - I know, very bad to do that causes back issues. However, this never causes me an issue. Last time it was lifting my road bike up a single step! Hardly heavy. This time it was either swapping 4 wheels on my car for winter tyres/moving a box in our conservatory/bending to put my socks on or wiping my @rse.

Good luck for your litigation case. Sounds like it could be stressful waiting for the results!
    I'm a veteran of back problems - sciatica, torn muscles so I know how bad it can be.

Might be worth seeing the doc/physio - can help just to know what it is. My last 'episode' had me lying on the ground swearing involuntarily - assumed it must be something really bad but when I got to see the doc he said it was just a pulled muscle which was a big relief to know. A week later it just stopped pretty much as he predicted.

Litigation tension is building - it'll cost us €22m if we lose (not me personally.....)
  • photonic69
    Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

I'm a veteran of back problems - sciatica, torn muscles so I know how bad it can be.

Might be worth seeing the doc/physio - can help just to know what it is. My last 'episode' had me lying on the ground swearing involuntarily - assumed it must be something really bad but when I got to see the doc he said it was just a pulled muscle which was a big relief to know. A week later it just stopped pretty much as he predicted.

Litigation tension is building - it'll cost us €22m if we lose (not me personally.....
    €22m !! Oooooof! That'll sting! Best of luck in hoping it goes your way.

Had an MRI a couple of years back. I've got a very slightly bulging disc down there. Can't recall which vertebrae, hence my daily routines to keep it in check.

• Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Litigation tension is building - it'll cost us €22m if we lose (not me personally.....
    €22m !! Oooooof! That'll sting! Best of luck in hoping it goes your way.

Had an MRI a couple of years back. I've got a very slightly bulging disc down there. Can't recall which vertebrae, hence my daily routines to keep it in check.
    I had my disc problem with my L5/S1 vertebra (whatever that is) but there's been no nerve compression there since way back. They just told me to rest up and go to the osteo for a bit of bone crunching. Hopefully yours will heal itself.
  • I survived.

We went to Krakow and stayed in an adults only hotel right on the main square called Betmanowska. What adult only actually means is Prosecco and Vodka shots with breakfast.
    Couldn't fault the place really, all the meals we had were great, the town is lovely and very inexpensive (for the most part).
    There were some quite jaded people on the plane home though.
    Arrived home around 1am, manage to make it in to work around 10.30 after a decent lie-in.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625

I survived.

We went to Krakow and stayed in an adults only hotel right on the main square called Betmanowska. What adult only actually means is Prosecco and Vodka shots with breakfast.
    Couldn't fault the place really, all the meals we had were great, the town is lovely and very inexpensive (for the most part).
    There were some quite jaded people on the plane home though.
    Arrived home around 1am, manage to make it in to work around 10.30 after a decent lie-in.

Did you have a romantic horse and cart ride around the square?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232
    edited November 2022
    No but we did get bused around in one of the little electric carts for an hour.
    There were 8 of us so its wasn't a romantic affair, more beer based.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,091
    Grr&%$^*(@***

ABS pump arrived yesterday.
    ABS pump is fooked. Properly fooked. Cannot salvage. Got mangled during diss-assembly. Bust a 12mm hex bit on an impact driver taking 1 bolt out.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • photonic69
    pinno said:

Grr&%$^*(@***

ABS pump is fooked. Properly fooked. Cannot salvage. Got mangled during diss-assembly. Bust a 12mm hex bit on an impact driver taking 1 bolt out.

Remember - 'Righty tighty, Lefty Loosen' :D

Also, it's 'dismantling' not fffffing 'diss-assembly' Goddamned Yanks

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    Lots of work meh down the toll road
  • pinno

pinno said:

Grr&%$^*(@***

Remember - 'Righty tighty, Lefty Loosen' :D

Also, it's 'dismantling' not fffffing 'diss-assembly' Goddamned Yanks
    'Dismantled', yeah that's right. Brain no worky due to grumpy, frustrated, angry fog.
    I think, since March 2020, I have lost iro 8 months whilst I wait for parts to get here.

"All I want for christms is my two front teeth an MOT"
  • pinno
    Just had a bowl of rice krispies. Now i'm going to have a bowl of Cornflakes, fcuk it.
  • photonic69
    pinno said:

Just had a bowl of rice krispies. Now i'm going to have a bowl of Cornflakes, fcuk it.

You'll be wanting Homers_Double's adult Prosecco and Vodka shots with breakfast to go with that

• photonic69
    Aaarggg!! Ffffff'it! My bad back took a turn for the worse after lunch. So much so I've just cancelled a hospital appointment with my consultant (for unrelated matter) as I'm in far too much pain to get there. Absolute agony. Might have to down some Tramadol. Asked the hospital if he can call me for a phone appointment instead. It's a right pita as he's leaving at the end of the month and he's a great guy. Dammit.

• Trust me, vodka shots at breakfast were fun at the time but I had to call back for a mid afternoon nap later that day.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Yay, won our French litigation. The French tax man can FRO, he gets nout and we keep our €22m. Celebration time...
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,201
    Dodgers gonna dodge 😉

Ordered a new turbo, 50% off RRP with this black friday shenanigans, expected a longish lead time, delivery scheduled for Thursday. Impressive. Not a Peloton or the like, stacks cheaper but still smart enough for me.
  • Stevo_666
    edited November 2022
    orraloon said:

Dodgers gonna dodge 😉

Ordered a new turbo, 50% off RRP with this black friday shenanigans, expected a longish lead time, delivery scheduled for Thursday. Impressive. Not a Peloton or the like, stacks cheaper but still smart enough for me.

It's not dodging if the Supreme Court says we were right ;)

Anyhow, celebration tonight as I've made some French lefties €22m worse off. And I'm getting paid to do it :smiley:
  • Stevo_666

Aaarggg!! Ffffff'it! My bad back took a turn for the worse after lunch. So much so I've just cancelled a hospital appointment with my consultant (for unrelated matter) as I'm in far too much pain to get there. Absolute agony. Might have to down some Tramadol. Asked the hospital if he can call me for a phone appointment instead. It's a right pita as he's leaving at the end of the month and he's a great guy. Dammit.

That sucks big time. Hope they can sort you out!