sunday strewn with time's dead flowers

'ning

soggy overnight

ride if unexpectedly dry, otherwise cafe stroll, do stuff, laze and bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Wet out there so going to leave it an hour or so before quick trundle to see if seat postpissingaround has worked.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    Meh Sunday, was rather a big night last night and as the wife had really injured herself at boot camp looks like I’m tidying up 🙄

Later is the pub obviously and will run at some point
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,091
    A bit of Sun! That's twice in a row.
    'Loon is occupied today on account of marshalling some silly off road cycling thingy so i'm taking clan Pinno off to ransack his Fort.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    tlw1 said:

Meh Sunday, was rather a big night last night and as the wife had really injured herself at boot camp looks like I’m tidying up 🙄

Later is the pub obviously and will run at some point

She's trying to match you. So it's all your fault.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    pinno said:

A bit of Sun! That's twice in a row.
    'Loon is occupied today on account of marshalling some silly off road cycling thingy so i'm taking clan Pinno off to ransack his Fort.

Leave some cigarettes on his doorstep after the ransacking to f.uck with his mind 👍
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    Wifey extremely grumpy due to covid, possibly pre-menstrual but I’m too scared to ask. Gonna get it in the neck if I stay here and will get it in the neck if I b.ugger off for the day, decisions decisions.
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

Wifey extremely grumpy due to covid, possibly pre-menstrual but I’m too scared to ask. Gonna get it in the neck if I stay here and will get it in the neck if I b.ugger off for the day, decisions decisions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN1WwnEDWAM
  • pinno
    My friend in the beautiful area of Vosges (department 88) got badly bitten by his own cat and has been on antibiotics for 25 days + a minor operation!
    I was going to send him a get well message. Looking for the right wording to add to this picture please:

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129
    pinno said:

My friend in the beautiful area of Vosges (department 88) got badly bitten by his own cat and has been on antibiotics for 25 days + a minor operation!
    I was going to send him a get well message. Looking for the right wording to add to this picture please:

next time, i eat your eyes
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,620
    MattFalle said:

Wet out there so going to leave it an hour or so before quick trundle to see if seat postpissingaround has worked.

Have you tried tightening the clamp? :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Take option 2. You can only get it in the neck while you're there.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129
    another dawn deluge, sunny now, stuff done, time for cafe stroll
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

You fettle (pump up Miss Ukraine tyres) for the first time yesterday and now you’re an expert! 😂
  • Stevo_666
    We were woken by Miss Ukraine making too much noise in the bathroom and kitchen getting up at 5:30 for her early shift, so a lie in was needed this morning. No lift back for her this afternoon. Chilling out and seeing if the rain stays away after this mornings downpours, then may head out.

Apparently there's some football on this afternoon but cba to watch Qatar v Ecuador.
  • pinno
    Gold boots vs no boots ^.
  • Stevo_666
    edited November 2022
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

You fettle (pump up Miss Ukraine tyres) for the first time yesterday and now you’re an expert! 😂
    Tightening the seatpost clamp works for me. This is the voice of experience :p
  • MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

good point well presented.

watch this space.....
  • MattFalle
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

tbf, he did such a good job she decided to repay him by waking him up at 5:30 this morning....
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,694
    Afternoon folks,
    Traditional slow start was enjoyed, another day off tomorrow but have to take the old dear for an MRI at midday. Going for a stroll with the EPO shortly, other than that doing as little as possible as yesterday was the day for doing stuff.
    MFs, you have to tighten the seat post clamp just enough. Then you think you'll just nip it up a little more to be safe. That's the point immediately before you start swearing lots because you snapped the bolt. Allegedly 😬
    Glad Stevo finally saw my not so subtle pisstake in the dogs thread, no other bites unfortunately.
    I'm hoping Seano had the good sense to go out.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Afternoon all. Hound has been walked, took him to a country park nearby, made the kids come too so that was nice. Marking beckons in a few minutes but, hopefully, work settles down a bit after this week. Which will be nice. Slight moment of a bit of a “meh” feeling, spotted a facebook post from someone I was acquainted with at school (probably could have been described as a friend once upon a time, we kind of grew up together). He’d been for a hike with other old school “friends” and it reinforced the thought that I don’t have that same sense of happy memories from those days, certainly not from a “made the best friends ever” point of view. Suppose it’ll make my eventual funeral a quiet affair!!

Right. Coursework marking awaits!
  • MattFalle

Afternoon folks,
    Traditional slow start was enjoyed, another day off tomorrow but have to take the old dear for an MRI at midday. Going for a stroll with the EPO shortly, other than that doing as little as possible as yesterday was the day for doing stuff.
    MFs, you have to tighten the seat post clamp just enough. Then you think you'll just nip it up a little more to be safe. That's the point immediately before you start swearing lots because you snapped the bolt. Allegedly 😬
    Glad Stevo finally saw my not so subtle pisstake in the dogs thread, no other bites unfortunately.
    Onwards and upwards...

isn't it at that point I weld it?
  • MattFalle
    oxoman said:

MattFalle said:

Afternoon folks,
    Onwards and upwards...

isn't it at that point I weld it?
    Just superglue it for plastic bikes and weld if steel or aluminium. Job sorted. Buy a new bike when it needs adjustment.
    drill through frame and seatpost when its at the right height and slam a bolt through.

sorted. that puppy ain't going anywhere.
  • MattFalle
    tbh though, I'll never buy another Cervelo again.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Mrs B³ has gone down to Porlock. Me and mini watched the new Black Panther film on imax at Wimbledon. Would recommend highly.

About to do a nice bit of aged rump with roast spuds.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,201
    Oi, where's me fags? Got a recycle / resell / reuse thing running.

An 8-5 shift on the cyclocross marshalling. Enjoyable day. Nice to see lots of people enjoying claggy mud, from under 8s to 60s vets. Pidcock didn't show up, WvA neither, oh well.

Walking back home phone rings, roofer saying we'll start work tomorrow. Eh? What about an estimate? My dad, the boss man, will call you in 5 mins. He does. Conversation starts getting a bit stroppy, he says he's fitting me in early because of my Geordie wife. I don't have a Geordie wife. Pause. Oops, mixed up phone numbers, different client different town 🤭 And calm down, let's get back on proper footing. He'd actually dropped off several sample tiles for me on Friday.

Time to fire up the woodburner, forecasting zero tonight, and open a well deserved beer (or two or...)
  • seanoconn

Mrs B³ has gone down to Porlock. Me and mini watched the new Black Panther film on imax at Wimbledon. Would recommend highly.

Porlock? You made that up.

Goggled what was playing at Kingston Odeon this morning to avoid Mrs 0. Was tempted to drag the boy to Black Panther. With hindsight, I should have gone 😕
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

It does sound like something from a Harry Potter film.
  • beansnikpoh
    seanoconn said:

Goggled what was playing at Kingston Odeon this morning to avoid Mrs 0. Was tempted to drag the boy to Black Panther. With hindsight, I should have gone 😕
    It's really quite good. I've had to watch nearly all of the MCU films. Normally I'm disengaged at best.
  • beansnikpoh
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

It looks like any other English village, thatch, beams, woods. Coleridge was interrupted from his morphine dreams by a gentleman from Porlock.
  • MattFalle

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

It looks like any other English village, thatch, beams, woods. Coleridge was interrupted from his morphine dreams by a gentleman from Porlock.
    And thus ended Kubla Khan....