ride and cafes, laze and bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    just having coffee before before going for a ride

looks cold

#brrrrrrr
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    Walk hounds then a run in the local hills and prepare for a dinner party later. Hopefully it won’t be as messy as last weekend
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    Good luck with the MRI.

Packing
    Tain
    Hours in the airport
    Plane
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    thistle_ said:

Good luck with the MRI.

Packing
    Tain
    Hours in the airport
    Plane

Oi! You’ve just come back from holiday! No fair people who don’t have to look after kids having fun! Grrrr
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    Wife has covid (I seem to be immune, touch wood) cough, cough, cough. No Bonky. Brekkie and then sexy tights time. Collect No1 son from his Nan. Find a way to distract family while I watch Pidcock’s CX return at 2pm.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Early tip trip booked. I think I'm out later, nothing to do with me. Might hop on my bike for a bit.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,091
    Morning Abecedarians

What - no wind or rain and... some sun?!
    Might pedal outdoors!

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,091
    seanoconn said:

Find a way to distract family while I watch Pidcock’s CX return at 2pm.

Are you hoping Pidcock is wearing tights?

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    Hope the MRI goes ok

Rehydration in the sex pond before run

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,620
    Have to keep reminding myself that it's Saturday not Sunday as I had yesterday off work. Off out with hounds soon then a spot of bike fettling and odd jobs.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129
    gloomygrey and cold, brrr

amused to see that the little roundabout at the bottom of highgate west hill has been prominently signposted as boris nemtsov place, that'll delight what remains of putin's local 'diplomatic personnel' as they drive past
  • thistle_
    seanoconn said:

thistle_ said:

Good luck with the MRI.

Packing
    Tain
    Hours in the airport
    Plane

Oi! You’ve just come back from holiday! No fair people who don’t have to look after kids having fun! Grrrr
    If it makes you feel better at the moment the forecast is terrible there.
    Also:

Because if they need more trains in Cardiff they cancel everyone else's 😐
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,201
    Late start after long sleep. Sun shiny shining. Will get a ride in, plus check out woss gahn on down at the course of tomorrow's World Cup local cyclocross event. Volunteered as a helper, role tba. But pink hi-viz beckons.
  • thistle_
    orraloon said:

Late start after long sleep. Sun shiny shining. Will get a ride in, plus check out woss gahn on down at the course of tomorrow's World Cup local cyclocross event. Volunteered as a helper, role tba. But pink hi-viz beckons.

It's usually a good laugh, if it's anything like the ones around here.
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,669
    Morning. Bright and sunny here. Shopping shopped. Would be nice to ride but can't get bikes out as garden currently being dug up to install drainage systems. Looks like the Somme. Can't even get to tools to do much needed DIY indoors. Cuppa tea and a snooze me thinks.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,694
    Morning folks, off to Wombledon to help friends daughter write up statement for court hearing. Hopefully she'll finally be allowed to take the kid as his dad clearly doesn't want anything to do with the little mite other than making her life difficult. Must try to avoid crashing into B³'s bridge. Will abuse any cyclists with or without ti bikes in that area. Then to the old dear's to do a few jobs.
    Hope all is well with MRI Oxo
  • MRI's are a doddle.

Mahoosive new TV was delivered this morning, a day later than it should have been. Dismantled existing installation, cleaned everything, re-routed some cables, fixed a couple dodgy bits, hung the new goggle box on the wall, then spent hours trying to make it all play nice and talk to each other.

F**king electronics and marketing muppets. Turns out when something is marketed as "4K compatible" that doesn't mean it has to comply with any of the actual default protocols in use in signal transmission for it, just that it technically has the bandwidth.

My rather expensive and otherwise nice bit of signal processor kit is essentially useless. There's workarounds, just a pain in the butt. Shopping for replacement commences tomorrow.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • MattFalle
    Ride ridded. Bit of seatpost slippage so been pissingaround with that. I'm still magnificent though. Bike now needs a clean.

Bit of domestic chores to do whilst listening to TalkSport then head off to see father as its his birthday. Unfortunately lady commrntator is totally and utterly ignoring all the Wotld Cup issues in a very "oh no, nothing wrong at all, I love it here, its mega" kinda way which is kindatotallyshit.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,201
    ^ who said that? 😉 Sorry, only joking.

Ride rided, good fun, found some lovely views over the big river with a tarmac loop round a village. But I really need to get the form pumped back up after 2 months of not very much. Getting cold though, should have used the winter gloves.

Checked out the CX course for tomorrow, quite a small area of the park, tight as technical, but ok mix of terrain. Riders, adults and kids, already checking it out. Will be muddy. There's more rain coming overnight and if the way a front wheel drive campervan was wheelspinning in the caravan park area next to the course is a guide... 3 of us cyclists had to help shove it back to some grippy tarmac.
  • MattFalle
    oxoman said:

Cheers for the thoughts folks. Yep WS it's a breeze, tad noisy. Over the years but mainly younger apprenticeship and pre ppe days I managed to irreparably damage my hearing to the point its been picked up by OCC health at work for mandatory referrals. Luckily only certain frequencies and only one ear. The concern being it could be something more sinister hence MRI. 🤞 mine and the consultants thoughts are correct. So folks when using a hi speed masonry drill use ear protection and preferably get a SDS drill which is not as loud or damaging. Look after your hearing because you don't know you've lost it till its to late. Onwards to family bowling trip and meal out.

rubbish that your hearing is shot but top news its nothing more serious.

only one ear being goosed is a pain - my right one is well dodge but i must admit to feigning alot of deafness whenever domestic chores are being doled out ....
  • MattFalle
    as an aside, snyone here used Park Tools carbon paste before?
  • seanoconn
    MattFalle said:

as an aside, snyone here used Park Tools carbon paste before?

Yep. Does what carbon paste is supposed to do I guess. Anything specific?
  • MattFalle
    Just trying to find the grippiest possible to solve slippage on seat post and PT gets good reviews.

Have been using Fenwicks for a couple of years and has always seemed quite fine, so hoping something grittier will work better.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129
    MattFalle said:

Just trying to find the grippiest possible to solve slippage on seat post and PT gets good reviews.

Have been using Fenwicks for a couple of years and has always seemed quite fine, so hoping something grittier will work better.

a thin layer of clearcoat can help, e.g.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009G1AU3Q

as i have to remove/refit seatpost for travel, over time the coating on the post gets worn

to fix - clean with isopropanol, mask area above where it gets clamped, very light spray of clearcoat, let it dry fully before refitting

lasts for about 10 refits
  • seanoconn
    MattFalle said:

Use it on the seat post and never had a slip. Standard seat post though, not aero.
  • tlw1
    MattFalle said:

Eat less? 😂
  • MattFalle
    edited November 2022
    mega gravy - grazie to all. except TLW. Eat less. Daft idea. Bloody ridiculous.

Those Turkish Delight won't eat themselves, oh no Siree......
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Put a pipe on the end of your Allen key and give it some welly, that should stop it moving.
  • MattFalle said:

Have used the Tacx Carbon Assembly Paste for yonks and seems to do the job fine too
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • MattFalle

MattFalle said:

Have used the Tacx Carbon Assembly Paste for yonks and seems to do the job fine too
    curry sauce on chips - thankyou!