wednesday what's that spell, what's that spell, what's that spell, etc.

'ning

probably not as wet as yesterday

ride, nip into gmc, cafe, bail, bit of wfh, bubbly outing

come on, sing along, gimme an f...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRl6-bHlz-4
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,077
    edited November 2022
    Board snizzle but thankfully couldn’t get even a reasonable hotel in Solihull yesterday so chilled night last night and working from home
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

Cold. Cba. Going to the gym then look at packing bags to head away but will probs leave that to lastmin as cba.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,081
    Got distracted after your post SG...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjzZh6-h9fM
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Morning Polynesians

Bright start. Every indication that it has been pouring over night. Gone a bit chillier - more Novemberish.
    ABS pump is farqed, donor for donor bits is A OK but can't transfer everything over so must source ABS for parts not working.
    Might pedal if the forecast is wrong.
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,659
    Morning. Dry with a bit of sun now. Probably won't last.
    Working from away today - visit to Alpine F1 Racing in Enstone. Really looking forward to that.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,557
    Weather is pants again so I'm not going anywhere anytime soon. A few meetings from the comfort of the cave today.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Rent-A-Dog who came running this morning

5 mile /8km loop fuelled by a Lotus biscuit.

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    You picked one ^ with short legs so you look faster?
  • She's faster than me :/
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,557

Rent-A-Dog who came running this morning

5 mile /8km loop fuelled by a Lotus biscuit.

5 miles is a quite impressive for a sausage dog :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Rather meh day. Up early to relocate second critter for the night shift... we had one about 11.30 last night, moved it on, and this morning another had volunteered for the free transport program.

Swapped some bits round on bike first up as I'd sold the shifter and derailleur combo, then off to post them away. Dreary afternoon of very little achievement, too cool and windy to do much outdoors. Dropped ute off at mechanics up the road to have some fixes done.

No fun tomorrow either. Cardiologist visit for stress test. Half expecting to be told to stay back for some fixes on me as well.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Evening. Sat in a car park waiting for Mrs GTi again. Days don’t have enough hours at the moment! More marking tonight. Think I’ve forgotten how to ride a bike…
  • photonic69
    My office for the day. B)

220 mile round trip in shite weather wasn't fun.

• webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Those front tyres appear to have less the legal tread requirement. ;)
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,684
    Evening folks,
    Much like yesterday, wet wobble, orifice based grief, wet wobble. Going to the pub.
  • pinno

No fun tomorrow either. Cardiologist visit for stress test. Half expecting to be told to stay back for some fixes on me as well.

What sort of 'fixes'?

• MattFalle
    webboo said:

looks crapfor going shopping in as well
  • MattFalle

keep us updated dude
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    pinno said:

What sort of 'fixes'?

Heroin
  • pinno said:

What sort of 'fixes'?

If any, stent(s) preferably. I already have one, from 12 years ago.

For some time, I’ve had persistent/recurrent pain which to this point has been dismissed as either (a) intercostal muscle issue or (b) referred from nerve compression and damage in neck or (c) general lack of condition because old age and cr@p.

Option (d) is arterial blockage, hence the test today.

• photonic69
    MattFalle said:

webboo said:

looks crapfor going shopping in as well
    It's shite on the commute too. Gearing is all wrong for stop/start traffic.

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,188
    A long day sitting on my arris behind a steering wheel. Unfamiliar roads for the last part, in the dark with heavy rain and spray from HGVs does not equal fun. Now dahn on da saff coast innit. #1 daughter has her MBA grad ceremony tomorrow. I did 1/2 of one years back then bailed when went self employed contracting, never wanted to go back. She completed hers. Result.
  • orraloon said:

A long day sitting on my arris behind a steering wheel. Unfamiliar roads for the last part, in the dark with heavy rain and spray from HGVs does not equal fun. Now dahn on da saff coast innit. #1 daughter has her MBA grad ceremony tomorrow. I did 1/2 of one years back then bailed when went self employed contracting, never wanted to go back. She completed hers. Result.

Old mate used to look at CV’s with that qualification and chuckle.. always reckoned it stood for “Major Bulls**t Artist”. 😀
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,684
    orraloon said:

Well done to #1 daughter, which South Coast uni is it? Look out for DHL, he works at one of them as I recall, can't remmeber if a lecturer or what. If you're in Brighton say hello to my daughter, tall and cleverer than her old man, you can't miss her.

I've been to the pub, is there something in the air tonight? Was a bit of an odd evening.
  • pinno

pinno said:

What sort of 'fixes'?

If any, stent(s) preferably. I already have one, from 12 years ago.

For some time, I’ve had persistent/recurrent pain which to this point has been dismissed as either (a) intercostal muscle issue or (b) referred from nerve compression and damage in neck or (c) general lack of condition because old age and cr@p.

Option (d) is arterial blockage, hence the test today.

Option D; A bit of respite perhaps?