E mtbs full sus

Hi my names arran im new to this forum. Its been around 15 year's since I used to be interested in xc biking .I like doing trails and some enduro riding nothing crazy. I've noticed alot has changed since then im looking a getting an e mtb I have a budget of around 4.5k I have looked at a fair amount of bikes theres so many my head burst from looking .if I could throw some bikes out there could anyone tell me if there good choices or not. I have noticed the price of e bikes are mental pricey so wanted to find something sensible .Cube stereo 140/160
Vitus e sommet vrs
Haibike alltrail
Focus thron or jam
If anyone can help that would be great thanks

Comments

• steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,448
    They are all good bikes and yet they are all different in so many ways

I have a dislike of the Haibike as every single one I have ridden I didn't like, but many do like them. The Vitus is amazing value for money if you like how it rides and many do. The Cube is an all-round good bike. The Focus Thron is a touring version of the Focus Jam2. The Jam is a better trail bike than the Thron. Both are good at what they were designed for. I used to own a Focus Jam2 (marvellous!) But that was a 2019 version and the current ones are quite different now.

I recommend that you join the emtb forums, which is a friendly and welcoming website specifically aimed at the ebike world. Ask your question there and you will get lots of informed advice. It is free to join and it's the biggest website of its kind in the world (yes!)

https://www.emtbforums.com/

There are loads of additional things to think about with emtbs that you wouldn't normally consider when choosing a bike, so it is wise to seek advice from those that have ridden many different kinds.
  • steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,448
    I was just on the emtb forum and I came across this thread on one of the Vitus emtbs

https://www.emtbforums.com/threads/bargain.31330/#post-435387