wednesday is the very pineapple of politeness

'ning

probably some weather out there somewhere, no idea

following yesterday's unexpected excitement and late bubbly, early départ in limo for bubbly brekkie in flounge, nip to another country, do a thing in a way, replay 'brainstorm' in my head whilst standing on the runway waiting for take off, hit london, limo back, cafe by noon, wfh, relax, bubbly

may accept a few bubblies on board, probably won't eat brekkie each way though, unless it's nice

toodle pip
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,077
    Meh, nothing exciting happening today. Should have had the day off but but meeting hell stopped that.

Out later with my parents and the family.

A mate sent me this from a village we had visited for a pint…… 😂

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    Happy birthday tlw!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,101
    soggy swish to airport, first bubbly sipped, first brekkie scoffed, having a couple of biccies to keep me going

merry whichever number of candles tlw
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,077
    sungod said:

soggy swish to airport, first bubbly sipped, first brekkie scoffed, having a couple of biccies to keep me going

50 🤦‍♂️
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,623
    tlw1 said:

sungod said:

50 🤦‍♂️
    You were much more fun to be around in your 40’s 😔
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    sungod said:

Keep up at the back. He’s been moaning about turning 50 for the past two weeks.
  • sungod
    seanoconn said:

sungod said:

Keep up at the back. He’s been moaning about turning 50 for the past two weeks.
    50, pfft, he's such a n00b

coming in to land, smidge of sun
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,081
    sungod said:

'ning

following yesterday's unexpected excitement...

What was yesterday's 'unexpected excitement'?

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Bar Seano, is this now the 50+ Saga Damart club?

Many happy returns TLW.

All I want for my Birthday is my 3 front ribs.
  • pinno
    Bright this morning (and forecast was a little bit of sun) but no one told me it was going to be windy.
  • pinno
    ...and last but not least, need to source a Merc 190e ABS pump for it's guts.
    (I have not been looking forward to this but if I want that MOT).
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

Many happy returns TLW.

I believe HD is surprisingly young. I’m not sure beans and thistle are 50 yet. And legend has it, some are still young enough to pop out multiple babies.
  • sungod
    pinno said:

sungod said:

'ning

following yesterday's unexpected excitement...

What was yesterday's 'unexpected excitement'?

gmc thing, arranged quick hop this morning, just boarded to come back, definitely having another bubbly, but skipping the brekkie this time, may have a choc cookie instead
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Many happy returns TLW.

I believe HD is surprisingly young. I’m not sure beans and thistle are 50 yet. And legend has it, some are still young enough to pop out multiple babies.
    Beans will tick over to 49 in early December. Though he feels older most days.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,550
    tlw1 said:

Meh, nothing exciting happening today. Should have had the day off but but meeting hell stopped that.

Happy birthday old chap, we're just finishing the whip round for a zimmer frame :)

https://youtu.be/CpxJsy8nfjA
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Be happy every day!!! ;)
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Many happy returns TLW.

Not everyone...but seems like most of us will be getting Saga brochures now or soon.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Many happy returns TLW.

Not everyone...but seems like most of us will be getting Saga brochures now or soon.
    Must check up on those Saga/Damart/Church magazines I signed up some colleagues to - I don't think they've arrived yet.
  • Stevo_666

• photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,659
    Happy B,day @tlw1

50 is fine! (Unless it all goes fucking horribly titsup like it did for me) You'll be fine. You'll just start getting junk mail and spam emails aimed at a more mature audience now. Enjoy!

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    tlw1 said:

Happy birthday, enjoy!

I fell like I bring the average age down a touch here, or I would if I came on here regularly enough. I was 31 last month

Bright ish here but definitely not the brilliant sunshine as previously advertised by the met office. Same as Monday in Edinburgh, didn't take a jacket and regretted it.

OH's mum and sister are going home today, they have been helping the OH which is much appreciated but I can't deal with getting home and needing to do a few hours work while they inefficiently try to cook food between them
  • @tlw1 Happy birthday 🍻

Beautiful day, sunny and warm. Lacked mojo for much though, so took the easy option and just bludged around the place.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,683
    Afternoon folks,
    Happy Hawaiian TLW
    Feeling a little Thursdayish after beer and curry last night. A trip to the pub later will see me right, then I'll have an actual Thursday tomorrow.
    I try to be happy every day, then other people happen and I fail.
  • sungod said:

following yesterday's unexpected excitement and late bubbly, early départ in limo for bubbly brekkie in flounge, nip to another country, do a thing in a way, replay 'brainstorm' in my head whilst standing on the runway waiting for take off, hit london, limo back, cafe by noon, wfh, relax, bubbly

The high flying face of international bizniss!
    Moi? I bought a ploughmans sandwich from Tesco on my way back from a site meeting in Manchester and went for a dip in the pool.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666

sungod said:

The high flying face of international bizniss!
    Moi? I bought a ploughmans sandwich from Tesco on my way back from a site meeting in Manchester and went for a dip in the pool.
    Flash git :p
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,188
    Kidz eh! Happy 50th tman1, enjoy. (I stopped counting, a while back.)

Another easy peasy M6 transit, nae probs. A gently paced one, given I had a ladder on the roof bars, retrieved from my stash in #1 daughter's garage, can make use of it here.

An easy peasy ready meal about to enter microwave. Well, after a long day on one's arris behind a steering wheel one can justify, can't one? Beer time.