Mavic Aksium Disc Wheelset - Free

New and unused (came with a new bike) I have no need for them and would rather give them to someone who will use them rather than selling or storing. You would need to pick them up from Wigan though (or Alderley Edge when I'm at work), I don't have a suitable box. They have continental ultrasport 28mm tyres fitted also new. Not UST, and set up for Thru axles 100 and 142mm spacing and centrelock discs (I have no other adapters), Shimano freehub body.

Comments

• Dude - if it’s even remotely possible I’d be more than grateful if you could hang on to these till you could find a way of packing these and I’d be more than happy to cover post and packing costs or whatever works - my winter bike is out of action because the back wheel is buggered - not only would these get me up and running but they’d likely be a significant upgrade on what I’m running as well

If you’re totally not up for it I understand but there’s no way I can collect - I’m in Scotland
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    as he's prepared to give you some free wheels why don't you make life easy for him and send him a box with packing and a £20 note inside so all he has to do is put them in and throw them at a post office?

if he was prepared to run around getting boxes etc he'd a) have said do and b) sell them to cover hassle.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • If that’s the/a workable solution I’d be totally prepared to do that
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Best drop him a line then I'd say.

Throw some pork scratchings in there as well as a thankyou present.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • i.bhamra
    i.bhamra Posts: 304
    I don't really have time at the moment to source a box and arrange courier etc so would have to say no unfortunately. If no one wants to come pick them up in the next week or so I'll find a local bike charity to donate them to. Sorry!
  • Absolutely not a problem , just asking on the off chance we may have been able to sort something out - please don’t misinterpret my request as having the intention to be a bit cheeky - I knew it was likely a long shot

I totally get that you don’t need the grief but I appreciate you responding anyway
  • Hi I can collect tomorrow pm me your address
    thanks Glen
  • i.bhamra

Hi I can collect tomorrow pm me your address
    thanks Glen

PM sent
  • Are these still going or gone?
  • i.bhamra
    They are gone, I couldn't give them away at the time so just stuck them on eBay with a starting price of £0.99, they sold for £100.....
  • Munsford0
    Munsford0 Posts: 668
    Result! :)