monday from the safest places, come the bravest words

'ning

still some après deluge showers in forecast

cafe ride or stroll, wfh, laze and bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,536
    Tremendous TT style commute in this morning, whizzing along the wet leaf strewn roads. Must have been averaging 55kph easy.

Wifey has been a delight this past week and I’d almost forgotten her imperfections. She’s back to work this morning though with no trains scheduled and had a face like thunder, so I scarpered sharpish. Good luck kids! It’s every man for himself.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,004
    Work stuff near thistle but no cycling as still got mucked up ribs
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,853
    edited November 2022
    They may never forgive you Seano.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,853
    Morning fakirs

Breezy, dull, wet, grey. That damn jet stream.
    Lots of stuff to do with stuff that's to do.

Coffee mmm...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 59,962
    seanoconn said:

Tremendous TT style commute in this morning, whizzing along the wet leaf strewn roads. Must have been averaging 55kph easy.

Wifey has been a delight this past week and I’d almost forgotten her imperfections. She’s back to work this morning though with no trains scheduled and had a face like thunder, so I scarpered sharpish. Good luck kids! It’s every man for himself.

That train strike was called off on Friday - are things still up the spout?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,536
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Yep, called off too late to avoid disruption.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Yep, called off too late to avoid disruption.
    I'll be pedalling tomorrow just in case. Looks like my caving decision for today was a good one. And it's raining again...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,622
    Morning. Horribly dreary and as wet as a Nun's Otter here.
    Day off at home. New double glazed windows and doors being fitted on the back of the house. Tip run on the cards if I can get off my lazy arse to sort out half used pots of paint and dried bottles of Slime.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• Stevo_666
    edited November 2022
    Weather has changed from 'minging' to 'gopping' so I'm staying hunkered down. Mrs. 666 walked the mutts this morning, got drenched and is now in a foul mood so I'm doing a Seano and steering clear for a while. Thank god for man caves...
  • First hint of summer for us today.

Took a load of old stuff to the recycling centre, hopeful they might take at least a bit of the heavier steel bits, with the rest off to the tip. Woman who had a look said yeah just leave it all on the pallets and they'd sort out what to sell as what. Cost = nothing. Win!

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,036
    Easy, no probs bar a shortish slow crawl past some bridge repair works transit of the M6. Now back in The Valley staying with #1 daughter ahead of a gig tomorrow night in The City. Bought the tickets a year ago, then decided to relocate. Oh well. Will be a good show, Aussie Floyd.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,576
    orraloon said:

...Will be a good show, Aussie Floyd.

Will be good.
    At least they were 8-10 years ago. Allegedly some genuine Floyd stage props.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.