pre-rain ride, cafes, laze, bubbly outing
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Cloudy days can only play with the phone at home
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,081
    Morning dweebs

Gloomy grey and very soggy.
    Today will be mainly domestic chores and laundry that crept up on me and accumulated.
    Taking it easy as 4 hrs under the Porker at awkward angles has left me a bit mangled.

Coffee... mmm...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,077
    Chilled start after a good night out last night.

Few jobs and then out later at friends. Hopefully pub lunch in the borrowed car will happen
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Bought firewood, packed and fuelled the tank. Waiting for mini at tennis. Then hitting the road. Mrs B³ already en route with the dog. Rainy journey.
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,659
    Morning. Super-drizzle-snizzle here. Off to Oxford to see the boy. Weird having him away for so long. Just waiting (as ever) for daughter to get ready. More DIY tomorrow. No bikes this weekend. Sad.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,550
    pinno said:

Taking it easy as 4 hrs under the Porker at awkward angles has left me a bit mangled.

I hope for your sake that your OH doesn't read this and misinterpret it :p
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,101
    useless weather forecast again, rain arrived early, soggy ride, slow puncture on alpe d'highgate, but tufo extreme'd it at a cafe stop, brrr
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,550
    Good traditional one in to catch up on the sleep deficit. Mrs. 666 is walking the hounds with Miss Ukraine shortly so I should get a spot of peace. Unfortunately the weather is forecast to be soggy all day and the bike is still with the LBS for some minor surgery, so no chance to ride.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno

Morning. Super-drizzle-snizzle here. Off to Oxford to see the boy. Weird having him away for so long. Just waiting (as ever) for daughter to get ready. More DIY tomorrow. No bikes this weekend. Sad.

Away at a private school?
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,623
    tlw1 said:

Happy days

“Roads!? Where we’re going we don’t need roads.”
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    Very cool T 👍
  • seanoconn
    sungod said:

useless weather forecast again, rain arrived early, soggy ride, slow puncture on alpe d'highgate, but tufo extreme'd it at a cafe stop, brrr

Ooh alp d’highgate. One of the few steep hills in London, remember it well.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,188
    oxoman said:

Morning all. WTF is ⬆️. Local parkrun and taking the OH shopping. Down to be damp.

Another spambot test, can the bot interpret the text above and construct a credible sentence. This forum seems wide open to such. Prob Pootin's lads testing out their algorithms prior to inflaming the twatterati.

Actually rolled some wheels today, not far at all but 'interesting' to feel how far off form I've dropped with the exercise timeouts.

I'm now a Treasurer. Boowahhaha...
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,659
    pinno said:

Nope. Away at Uni doing Computer Science MSc. He's a top lad. So nice to see him develop into a young man. 5 weeks has made a heck of a difference.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    edited November 2022
    'ning

Not much achieved this morning, did a bit of work related training stuff but didn't make much headway.
    The rain/drizzle eased off about 13:30 so headed up the mountain for some radio stuff but it didn't work out as well as planned, reports from others seem similar so it wasn't just me.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,683
    thistle_ said:

reports from others seem similar so it wasn't just me.

How do you know if you couldn't hear them?
  • thistle_

thistle_ said:

reports from others seem similar so it wasn't just me.

How do you know if you couldn't hear them?
    Chatting to others in the UK/Europe who were closer and within range of my bit of wet wire on a stick.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,683
    That makes more sense than my first thought which was chatting online afterwards.
  • pinno

pinno said:

Nope. Away at Uni doing Computer Science MSc. He's a top lad. So nice to see him develop into a young man. 5 weeks has made a heck of a difference.
    Msc at Oxford. Ooooo!
  • thistle_

That makes more sense than my first thought which was chatting online afterwards.

Also this :lol:
  • viddutejhawmales
    viddutejhawmales Posts: 4
    edited November 2022
    :)