thursday with a sprinkling of gochugaru

'ning

rain rain rain in soggymore on thames

cafe splosh, wfh, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    Reasonable walk with hounds, work stuff and later is unknown but potentially could it be another night without ale ๐Ÿ˜ณ
  • Moaning,

Currently dry but wetness is forecast :/

WFW soon so just hoping, fingers crossed. A few beers/ciders later I think
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    'Ning

Woke up at 3am.
    Lots of shouting and banging at 3.15 from next door which I suspect was part 2 of whatever woke me up.

Now got to drive to pseudo Manchester for a meeting. Fun.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    Forecast says dry but taking my coat because, Manchester
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,620
    Glad I'm not pedalling in, the weather's doing a good impersonation of Manchester here. Sat on a train with a load of soggy commuters, will need Scotch egg and coffee to pep me up a bit when I arrive at the office.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,091
    gochugaru

This Korean red pepper, is it pronounced 'gotyougaroo' or go 'choogaroo' ?

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Bright(ish) no wind. Farq me.

Don't do it Thistle. Chuck a sicky.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Very Manchester here. A day of drinking coffee and work avoidance beckons.

Wifey back later but sheโ€™s still sad about her poorly mother so probably no bonky reunion ๐Ÿ˜•
    Pinno, ืžืœืš ืื™ื“ื™ื•ื˜ ื•ื—ืจื ืžื›ื•ื ืื™
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    pinno said:

gochugaru

Are we doing Korean word of the day now?
    Pinno, ืžืœืš ืื™ื“ื™ื•ื˜ ื•ื—ืจื ืžื›ื•ื ืื™
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,201
    Must be recovering from the double vacc aftershocks. Gym then swim booked, will be first proper exercise in more than 2 weeks! Just get on with it... and it's just started batter-raining again. Ho hum.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129
    pinno said:

gochugaru

to my ears it's ko-tchu-ka-ru said fast, with no long vowels

example usage:

earlier in the day, put a sheet of dried kombu in about 600cc water, bring to boil, turn off, leave to cool and until ready to cook

remove the now slimy kombu sheet, add tablespoon of miso paste and same of shoyu,

couple of chicken breasts, marinate in something spicy like cajun is good, for veggie alternative: chop a block of tofu into bite size chunks and give a light spray of oil

either way, cook until done, imo best in the air fryer (no extra oil needed)

chop a courgette into chunks, chop some fine green beans to half length, add to above, bring to gentle simmer, then reduce heat for ten mins

gently fry sliced capsicum in tbsp of oil, when tender, add crushed garlic, fry until just starting to colour, add a couple of tsp of gochugaru, fry for another 30 secs, add a couple of tbsp of kimchi (chop if large chunks) fry until softened - for all this frying do not have heat so high that things can burn

pour on the veg+broth, turn off heat

if chicken, roughly chop into small chunks

get two bowls, put half of chicken/tofu in each, put half of veg+broth on top

serve and eat

nom

it's adaptable, adding brocolli and/or mushrooms, to the veg is good too, stir fry until tender first
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,669
    Morning. ^^^ Sounds like a script from "In and Out of The Kitchen" (great comedy radio show with Miles Jupp).
    Very wet here. Soggy ride to work. Nice hot reviving shower and a strong coffee. No egg. Nicely deskbound today. Office workout at lunchtime. Beers later as day off tomorrow.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• pinno
    Sun is out, im off.

• Current weather in and around Manchester

Not my fence BTW.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,694
    Afternoon folks,
    Why have we swapped our weather with Manchester? Shouldn't the sun shine on the righteous?
    Being as it's the EPO's day in the office I drove in and was grateful for that which makes a change. Lots of very deep puddles going all the way across a few roads.
    Seem to be dealing with more stupid than usual today, didn't think that was possible. Just need to get through the day without murderising anyone.
    Onwards and upwards...