wednesday has collapsed into a new bubble universe, for the umpteenth time

'ning

nippy bright start, deluge forecast later

cafe, nip into gmc for coffee and a natter with chum, bail, wfh, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    Long walk with the hounds, hopefully a less stressful work day and later maybe car pick up
  • Moaning,
    Quite bright out now it’s light, rain this afternoon forecast :/

Short day/few hours WFW shortly so should be home before the skies fall down around here B)

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,201
    The calm before the storm. There was a glimpse of sun above the horizon but now the rain has started, with big winds due middle of day.

Got a roofer guy coming around 9 to take a look and do some sums, good timing.

Doubt I'll be venturing far today. When's springtime?
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    'ning
    sungod said:

nippy bright start, deluge forecast later

^ This

Run :neutral:
    WFW

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,091
    Morning

Dull and dreary, what's new?

The Porker tinkering that got shifted from Monday will be done today.

Must dispatch some fleabay items I sold.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

The calm before the storm. There was a glimpse of sun above the horizon but now the rain has started, with big winds due middle of day.

Got a roofer guy coming around 9 to take a look and do some sums, good timing.

Doubt I'll be venturing far today. When's springtime?

20th of March.

Look, only 7 weeks to the solstice and then from then on, the day's get longer for 6 whole months.
  • tlw1
    Just looked at my 50 mins on the bike at the gym last night, low effort as I have to keep my upper body still - guess how many active calories it calculated I had burned

• 75?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1

75?

😂 you could just check Strava
  • tlw1
    Close though
  • Got up early, grand kids stayed over last night so I was on organizing duty whilst MrdHD went to the gym.
    Lane swim session booked at lunchtime, run this evening.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    edited November 2022
    tlw1 said:

Just looked at my 50 mins on the bike at the gym last night, low effort as I have to keep my upper body still - guess how many active calories it calculated I had burned

Can't you get a recumbent then you can go all out and keep your upper body still?
  • pinno
    tlw1 said:

• tlw1
    thistle_ said:

tlw1 said:

Can't you get a recumbent then you can go all out and keep your upper body still?
    Apparently 12 bikes is taking the hiss
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Hurrah, not wet. At least not yet. OIled my chain for the 3rd time this week this morning. Hopefully this lot will stay on.
  • tlw1
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Too high 🙄🤬
  • tlw1 said:

75?

😂 you could just check Strava
    TBH I have, after my guess and am shocked at such a waste of time and effort!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,620
    tlw1 said:

Less than the pork pie you ate while you were riding?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,669
    Morning. Blood test earlier. Had to tell the nurse what I usually have done as the system had an update and all the requests were scambled! WFH, then working late at a venue. Outside-ish. Might be wet. At least I'm not commuting by bike later. Wife is though! Soggy!

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• Stevo_666
    Busy morning again, with more hassle to come later. Hey ho. Weather is less shyte than yesterday but thats coming from a very low base, so staying inside seems like a decent plan.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Eating the pork pie used more calories than the ride
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Eating the pork pie used more calories than the ride
    I suppose it beats eating them when not exercising.

Cheddar crust pork pies - yum yum :)

• pinno
    Porker tinkering (not eating) got called off 'cos kids were sent home from school for fighting and swearing and smoking behind the bike sheds.

Only joking - heating system failed.
    It's now raining cats and dogs.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,201
    No cats or dogs here, too 'kin wet! Blowing hard and v wet. Roofer guy did show up, but no way he'd do measuring up in these conditions. Got drenched just being outside for a short time. Plus found yet another gutter downpipe drain is blocked full of debris, at least the overflow drains away downhill. Why did prev owner do SFA outside maintenance?

These miserable November conditions don't do much for motivation.

[/oh do stop moaning]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    pinno said:

Porker tinkering (not eating) got called off 'cos kids were sent home from school for fighting and swearing and smoking behind the bike sheds.

Only joking - heating system failed.
    It's now raining cats and dogs.

Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • I may well steal that /\
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Just as well Pinno didnt say that it's pi$$ing down.
  • Run cancelled, I'm not swimming twice in one day.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Avoided a soaking, but bare headwinds. Excellent exercise. Would recommend.
  • pinno
    oxoman said:

Run cancelled, I'm not swimming twice in one day.

Ditto.
    Car already thinks it's a boat.
    I've heard BMW's don't float.
    (Especially when weighed down with a 50lb Turkey).