tuesday inserting a pineapple into a closed timelike curve

'ning

looks like another soggy day, sigh

ride or cafe splosh, wfh, bubbly outing later
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    Decent damp walk with hounds then budget meeting prep followed by presenting it to the board.

Later is more walking, but starting to feel slightly better so running is only circa three weeks away 😎
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    tlw1 said:

Decent damp walk with hounds then budget meeting prep followed by presenting it to the board.

Later is more walking, but starting to feel slightly better so running is only circa three weeks away 😎

Can you pedal?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Morning

Limbo day today.
    Mad, flat out 1 hour roller session yesterday as Porker tinkering got sacked. Friend was available to help lift the gearbox but got collared into domestic duties. Porker tinkering tomorrow.
    Must eat the rest of that fruit and apple pie with puff pastry and grated nutmeg I made. Cream, custard or ice cream? That is the question.
    Will avoid the annoying thread now full of recruitment lingo bollox and links to smarmy people.

Windy - but on the plus side; it's not raining (yet).
  • Wet and breezy here today, went to the gym before work which always starts the day with promise.
    Fairly quiet on the work front but I foresee staff issues soon.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Can you pedal?
    Did 45 mins at the gym on a bike, ok it I keep absolutely still on the upper body. Might go later and try again
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Duh. See Monday. Wet. Dry. Wet to be expected.
  • tlw1
    So the big question is……… for my 50th which has a back to the future theme (school disco / stopped clock by the bell / same date as the film)……. Do I pick up the Delorean early and use it or keep it a surprise?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,618
    Slept well after yesterday's communt. Wet and blustery here. The hounds are hibernating and I'm in the cave doing stuff.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    tlw1 said:

So the big question is……… for my 50th which has a back to the future theme (school disco / stopped clock by the bell / same date as the film)……. Do I pick up the Delorean early and use it or keep it a surprise?

Go back in time to when the Bee em and the amphibious poultry was just about to traverse the Ford...

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,976
    tlw1 said:

Sure I read that they are complete sh!t.
    Do let us know. 😉
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • tlw1
    pblakeney said:

tlw1 said:

Do let us know. 😉
    Yep 😂 it is, but looks awesome
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,694
    pblakeney said:

tlw1 said:

Do let us know. 😉
    This, prepare to be disappointed and keep it as a surprise.
  • pinno
    tlw1 said:

pblakeney said:

tlw1 said:

Do let us know. 😉
    ...and they are made with stainless steel so shouldn't rust in a river.
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,669
    tlw1 said:

pblakeney said:

tlw1 said:

Do let us know. 😉
    Saw one next to me at a petrol pump. They do look awesome. From a distance. Build quality is shocking. Huge gaps in panels by today's standards. Interior lacking any form of time travel dashboard or gadgets. Quite basic. Oddly the owner looked a little like Doc, in the same way dog owners look a little like their pets!

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• tlw1
    Didn’t have a slight Abraham Lincoln look too did he?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,618
    tlw1 said:

We'll let you know when we receive our invites :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • I've just spent 5 minutes looking at another immediate media forum (220 triathlon) and good god that place is spammier than a spam festival in Spamland.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,694
    Morning folks,
    WFH today even though it's reputedly a Tuesday, this is confusing my body clock. Actually, working from the old dear's at the moment as supervising some works being done.
    Was going to pedal over but due to carrying laptop and the deluge wimped out and drove.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,201
    Bulk load of firewood delivered and stacked away in newbuild woodstore thing. Bring on winter.

Found out guy doing the deliveries / running the business is keen cyclist, he and missus also run biking package holidays business. Cool.
  • beansnikpoh
    Double soaking duly delivered. It was only a couple of weeks ago that I was loafing in the sun.
  • beansnikpoh
    Just got an email from Thames Water saying that the hosepipe ban is still in full effect. Tw@ts.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217

Double soaking duly delivered. It was only a couple of weeks ago that I was loafing in the sun.

Ditto, although the second one was by choice in the swimming pool.
    Thought I was going to manage the ride back just a bit damp but the heavens opened with about 3 miles to go.