monday can only become spookier

'ning

nippier

ride, cafe, nip into gmc, bubbly lunch followed by sobering laze, bubbly and port
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,091
    School run, post a shed load of stuff sold on Flea bay, food acquisition and then Porker tinkering.
    Weather doesn't look clever.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129
    pumpkin slaughter is in full swing, kids are out posing with the illuminated victims, by tomorrow the streets will be strewn with the smashed carcasses

yo ho ho
  • We slaughtered our pumpkins last week, the resulting soup was nice with added spice.
    Tired start to the week, yesterday was fairly unproductive but managed a ride over the tops, by gosh it was windy.
    Supposed to be a club run tonight but its the final couch to 5k run so we're supposed to stay as a group. Might just go out on my own instead.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Ridey ride in the mild. Hopefully will dodge a soaking later.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Had to drive in this morning so checked the sat nav as it might be busy with schools back. Daydreaming so missed my recommended turn off, no biggie, I’ll take the next one. Road closed, balls, stuck in traffic for an hour.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    Lots of no fun work snizzle
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,620
    edited October 2022
    Roads definitely busier this morning - the must be some early school runs, but was good to have a bit of daylight on the way in. Bike running out of front pads so better get that sorted soon.

Need to nip down the post office and get Mrs. 666's pension forms sent off. She didn't realise that she had a final salary pension from her last and only employer until they wrote to her a few months ago asking if she wanted some free money every month for the rest of her life. I've been badgering her to get it done as then she can pay for buying her own shizzle :smile:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Must remember to turn the driveway lights off and close the blinds when I get home later, so the hoardes of wandering snot noses don't come to the house asking for treats. I'll have my hockey mask and chainsaw in the porch as a back up deterrent.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,694
    Afternoon folks,
    Managed a milder than expected wobble in this morning, also hoping not to get too wet on the way home. WFH tomorrow so at least I have an extra day to get my stuff dry. Fending off stupid as usual in here. No pumpkins have been slaughtered at ours, this is good as the lack of pumpkin keeps away the hordes of little darlings. Although some of the mothers accompanying them can be distracting. Rain might keep all but the hardiest away.
    Saw the big herd of deer in the park again, it's pretty clear who the most successful stag has been this year. The rest of them seem to have settled down, just a few of them wandering around looking grumpy. Got the light strapped to my lid to make spotting them in the dark easier.
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

Must remember to turn the driveway lights off and close the blinds when I get home later, so the hoardes of wandering snot noses don't come to the house asking for treats. I'll have my hockey mask and chainsaw in the porch as a back up deterrent.

Give them a few sweets you big meanie.
  • seanoconn
    edited October 2022
  • Stevo_666
    I've got some old dog treats in the cupboard if they're brave enough to make it to the front door of the haunted house on the hill...
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    Stevo_666 said:

I've got some old dog treats in the cupboard if they're brave enough to make it to the front door of the haunted house on the hill...

You'll throw the treats at the kids then shout "release the hounds"?

Raining here so they were all trudging home looking miserable. That's if they make it without getting run over walking all across the road wearing black and with no lights like those bloody cyclists do.
  • thistle_
    Bit later than usual

Ride in
    WFW
    Yoga
    More WFW
    Ride back
    Fix puncture :angry:
    Gym
  • beansnikpoh
    Grim on t'way back. Road water rather than sky water, but I got damp and filthy. Looks like shyte again tomorrow. Bah.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,201
    Actually managed to get my s--t together and went out to eat at the hotel down town I used as my touring base last summer and my bed 'n' board on the trips post house purchase and before The Move. Been meaning to do so for ages but... Nice catch up chats with owner couple and staff, and their chef is A*. Bit full bellied now.

V v few guisers to be seen. Maybe I was inside the bar at peak times. Or maybe I'm the scary one, dressed all in black? Boowahhahhah.
  • Stevo_666
    thistle_ said:

Stevo_666 said:

You'll throw the treats at the kids then shout "release the hounds"?

Raining here so they were all trudging home looking miserable. That's if they make it without getting run over walking all across the road wearing black and with no lights like those bloody cyclists do.
    Cracking idea :smile: Although thankfully no takers so far...
  • Stevo_666

Grim on t'way back. Road water rather than sky water, but I got damp and filthy. Looks like shyte again tomorrow. Bah.

Ditto. Not great having to get in the car and drive the other half of the journey in soggy shorts. Frikkin' weather forecasts...
  • pinno
    oxoman said:

Mates wife has drowned hers again and was asked could I tow her out...

Was there a Turkey in the boot?

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    pinno said:

oxoman said:

Mates wife has drowned hers again and was asked could I tow her out...

Was there a Turkey in the boot?

Still too soon 😂
  • thistle_
    'ning

Ride
    WFW
    Ride back
    Probably gym of some sort
  • pinno
    thistle_ said:

'ning

Ride
    WFW
    Ride back

Thistle - it's Tuesday.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

thistle_ said:

'ning

Ride
    WFW
    Ride back

Thistle - it's Tuesday.
    :) Groundhog day?
  • beansnikpoh
    Grooogh. Sky water, road water. All the water. Thankfully there are big industrial dryers here, so everything should be dry and warm by the time I head home, just to get it all wet again.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129
    that's two of you not knowing which day it is

clearly both abducted by aliens, probed and then mind wiped

spooky indeed
  • beansnikpoh
    duh, is it Thursday?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,694
    No, it's Friday as I'm WFH
  • pinno
    sungod said:

that's two of you not knowing which day it is

clearly both abducted by aliens, probed and then mind wiped

spooky indeed

A blessing for them.
  • pinno

duh, is it Thursday?

Days can only be measured in grades of sogginess.
  • thistle_
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

thistle_ said:

'ning

Ride
    WFW
    Ride back

Thistle - it's Tuesday.
    :) Groundhog day?
    True.
    But hopefully without the puncture as Halo Twin Rails are a b'tch to get on and off the rim.