Dan Martin

This looks like it could be a good read - https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/othersport/arid-40994306.html?fbclid=IwAR3smdhhLYXryryazeT2mmoCVHSrZB5MuBUGp6_UE2NqX7s-8gzJ2aCS8iI

Always loved Dan Martin and his L-B-L is still my favourite cycling moment. Was out of the chair cheering him on. Fantastic finish.

Comments

• verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    Imagine getting to the point where the prospect of a salad excites you.
  • Bit of a tangent here but I love his brief appearance in S2 of the Netflix Movistar doc. Gets caught up in a crash with Jose Joaquin Rojas at the Vuelta and they're slagging him on the bus afterwards. Rojas says he told him in Spanish "I'll rearrange those teeth for you" and Marc Soler is like "Good, he speaks Spanish, perfect Spanish"

Made me chuckle.
  • 50x11
    50x11 Posts: 408

Imagine getting to the point where the prospect of a salad excites you.

Not sure I believe this as the Ineos team always does a post of burgers and chips on the night before the Paris stage.
  • 50x11
    50x11 Posts: 408
    As a whole I thought the book was terrible. It's written so poorly. Nothing particularly interesting in it, other than his hatred for Dave B and we all knew that.

Think it sums up his career well, could have been much more but he wanted to be different and do it his way. See the story about him basically doing endurance training up until Isreal coach gave him intervals.