sunday is this a pineapple which i see before me?

'ning

back to proper time and brighter starts, end of mild weather looms though

ride far, cafes and cake, laze and bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129
    edited October 2022
    poured just as about to head out, grrr, think it'll be a cafe splosh instead
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    splosh
    /splɒʃ/

verb
    INFORMAL
    make a soft splashing sound as one moves.
    "he sploshed across the road"
    noun
    INFORMAL
    a soft splashing sound.
    "a quiet splosh"
    DATED•INFORMAL
    money.
    "intentions need a bit of splosh to back them up"
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Morning

Jeezo it's dull.
    ...and wet*.
    Puir wee, soggy birdies - must feed them as soon as the rain eases.
    Despite it not being cold, they're eating shedloads of nuts.

*It's a good job Fort 'Loon is on a hill.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Sounds grim out, so staying in my pit for a bit longer than normal. Nothing special planned.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,201
    pinno said:

*It's a good job Fort 'Loon is on a hill.

Aye indeed. The big puddle doon ra bottom aka the Loch is getting more visible as the trees shed their autumnal colours. I don't have a drainage problem, bar groundwater oozing from the higher ground behind along the side of the fort. 'Tis another job on The Long List.

Hoping I can get some Stuff fettled today, been a frustrating, largely written off week post-vacc, a new experience for me. As for exercise? Nae 'kin chance.

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129
    pinno said:

splosh
    /splɒʃ/

verb
    INFORMAL
    make a soft splashing sound as one moves.
    "he sploshed across the road"
    noun
    INFORMAL
    a soft splashing sound.
    "a quiet splosh"
    DATED•INFORMAL
    money.
    "intentions need a bit of splosh to back them up"

definitely type 1, on the plus side, the parched parks etc. are once more verdant, brian snail and sidney slug looked happy

armor-lux still waterproof, though it's so mild even walking made it a bit warm
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    Slow start due to still being out when the clocks changed last night 🙄

Need to get home at some point as I assume the kids idea of walking the dog is not sufficient for the dogs.

Pub later obviously
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,618
    Soggy dog walk this morning instead of a good lie in :| luckily I have no noticeable side effects from covid and flu jabs, just a bit of a bruise on each shoulder. Spot of pottering awaits - Mrs. 666 is off to Bluewater and taking the Ukrainian along as she needs some more clothes n shoes for her new job. Which means I can get on with stuff on my list uninterrupted.

More pedalling tomorrow as its dry so will do the hybrid communt.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,659
    Finally, some sunshine. Fairly slack day all round. Rolled down the road on bike #2 this morning and got talking to builder bloke for a while. Lunch out, followed by a short pootle on bike #1, stopped to chat to other retired builder bloke down the road a while.

Slightly miffed that yesterday's virtual ride got lost in the upload ether. Did a new course round some lakes in north west Norway, spectacular scenery up to foot of a glacier somewhere. 43 kms fairly easy, then iPad crashed somehow and didn't save it...

Trying to trap possums this evening.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    'noon

Damp bike ride this morning with added inch of sheep poo across the cycle path which everyone else was carrying their bikes over. I went round on the grass which was less pooey but more muddy so it didn't really work out.

In the office doing stuff now making use of the facilities while the rain passes - free shower, free tea, free of distractions (fewer anyway).
  • Stevo_666

Are they tasty?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

Are they tasty?
    They are trying to (and have been for a long while) get rid of them in NZ.
    Brother sent me a pair of gloves that I wore out a while ago made of Possum which were ace.
    Could do with another pair.
  • pinno
    oxoman said:

My sister lives in NZ and hates them as they're supposedly responsible for bovine TB. She hates the damage they cause, one of the few animals she kills without any compassion. Apparently she's quite a good shot with a rifle now.

They have decimated the NZ Morepork Owl population.
    As well as Weasels and Ferrets which were introduced in the late 1800's to control rabbit populations.
  • pinno
    They look a lot like Stevo.

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,693
    Evening folks,
    No slow start which was irritating, helped the lad work on his car. The fettling is also part of a university project as he had to write up a report on how something is made after disassembly.
    Dark rather early this evening, I'd gone for a walk in Richmond Park to catch the last of the light. Amazing how many were out on bikes without lights after dark, surely they knew the clocks have changed.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,659
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Are they tasty?
    They are trying to (and have been for a long while) get rid of them in NZ.
    Brother sent me a pair of gloves that I wore out a while ago made of Possum which were ace.
    Could do with another pair.
    It is nice fur for gloves, beanies etc.

Pestilential things though, do a lot of damage to trees and property. Laughably, they are still “protected” here, so even if I did have a rifle and a permit to shoot pests, I’d supposedly not be able to kill them.

Even trapping and “re-locating” is theoretically controlled, and you are not supposed to move them more than about 500 metres from where you trap them, as they get disoriented and scared and lonely or some b0ll0x. When we do catch ‘em, there’s a nice spot of bushland they’ll get to visit just up the road.. 😀

Didn’t get one overnight though dammit.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    edited October 2022
    pinno said:

Nah, it's got more hair than me.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533

• pinno
    edited October 2022
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Nag, it's got more hair than me.
    ...and better vision.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Nag, it's got more hair than me.
    ...and better vision.
    And better hearing. I seem to go deaf nearly every time Mrs. 666 opens her mouth to comment on my domestic misdemeanours :smile: