saturday hidden under coral islands

'ning

ride unless soggy, much lazing to follow, perhaps arrange some hols, then bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Son’s football then off to watch AFC Wimbledon for the first time. I can’t name one player but he wants to go. 30 years since I’ve watched football at Plough Lane.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,620
    Off out for a physio session on the leg shortly - hopefully no more after this, then down the road to get my old gits covid and flu jabs from the GP surgery. Will try to get a bike ride in before I start feeling shyte after the jabs, as is likely. May watch some footy later on.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    seanoconn said:

Son’s football then off to watch AFC Wimbledon for the first time. I can’t name one player but he wants to go. 30 years since I’ve watched football at Plough Lane.

I quite fancy going down. I went a few times when they played in Kingston. Standing behind the goal.

At the bank with Mrs B³ moving v large sums of cash. It turned out we had a shyte conveyancer. She was changed for a different one after we kicked off (mortgage offer expiring, zero chance of getting anything like the same deal, plus elderly sellers living in a caravan), and we should complete next Friday.

Then a drive up to Cov for the third time in 3 weeks. Collecting mini this time.

Busy busy.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,091
    What is this with house purchasing/selling in Engerland?!

Reading up on AFC Wimbledon and MK Dons. What a shenanigan but:

AFC Wimbledon currently hold the record for the longest unbeaten run of league matches in English senior football, having played 78 consecutive league games without a defeat between February 2003 and December 2004.

Ground capacity 9000. Relegated to league 2 last season.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Forecast is Wet wet wet and... it's already wet.
    Yesterday was lovely - the wind dropped and the sun was out but muggins did gardening and leaf clearing and a heap of other things and Dad stuff, so no pedalling. Meh.
    Today will be indoor pedalling instead or do I say fcuk it and go for a warm(ish), wet ride? (ooer missus).
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,669
    Morning. Was dark and damp. Suns out now. Shopping shopped with wifeling. Feeling particularly ropey after Pfizer jibjab yesterday. Back to bed with cuppa tea for a snooze. Hope to recover enough as friends round for drinks later.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• Stevo_666
    edited October 2022
    Just been double jabbed, one in each arm. Was the Moderna bivalent for the covid jab, so let's see how shyte I feel later.

Bike ride after lunch, before it has a proper chance to kick in. Doubly so as it's forecast to reach 20C early afternoon, best make the most of the summer weather....
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    Slow start after we had an impromptu party last night.

As I’m still struggling to move a relaxed day they out in the old town with friends later - should be a giggle
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Shyte happens, and as B3 says, having a good solicitor is pretty important. We had a good one, so the most painful bit for us last year was the stamp duty...
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,976
    pinno said:

Today will be indoor pedalling instead or do I say fcuk it and go for a warm(ish), wet moist ride? (ooer missus).

Modified for greater effect. 😉
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,694
    Afternoon folks, or is it evening?
    Moderately busy day of doing stuff. Went to the old dear's to hang a curtain rail this morning, did lots of other small jobs before doing that. Then went worktop shopping with the EPO but seem to have bought a mattress. Then met the lad as he was rather later than was planned. Need to pop out later to collect the spring compressors I forgot the other day, the exchange will be happening in a pub which I'm obviously very upset about 😁
    Very warm today, spent most of it in a t shirt. Is it really nice next week?
  • Stevo_666

Afternoon folks, or is it evening?
    Moderately busy day of doing stuff. Went to the old dear's to hang a curtain rail this morning, did lots of other small jobs before doing that. Then went worktop shopping with the EPO but seem to have bought a mattress. Then met the lad as he was rather later than was planned. Need to pop out later to collect the spring compressors I forgot the other day, the exchange will be happening in a pub which I'm obviously very upset about 😁
    Very warm today, spent most of it in a t shirt. Is it really nice next week?

I was almost too warm today cycling in shorts and a short sleeve top - felt a bit bizarre given the clocks go back tonight. Sadly next week looks a bit more 'normal for early Nov. Maybe I should drive The Panzer more and help global warming along a bit?
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,201
    Def not v warm round these parts, been grey, cloudy and piddling it down all day, tedious. Woodburner is glowing a bright orange now, which brings a little uplift to a boring day.

Only a few minor fettles done, still short of energy, but at least the snots have pretty well stopped. That double vacc was a wee belter: I am now immune.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Shyte happens, and as B3 says, having a good solicitor is pretty important. We had a good one, so the most painful bit for us last year was the stamp duty...
    SDLT hurts even more when it's not the only residence. No nil rate band, and a 3% top up on the band rates.
  • seanoconn
    Successful day. Boy man of the match (although I think they pick a different player each week, and we inspired Wimbledon to a 3-2 victory against the great Harrogate town. I can see why Wimbledon are in the bottom half of league 2. Enjoyable though, will go again.
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

SDLT hurts even more when it's not the only residence. No nil rate band, and a 3% top up on the band rates.
    Yup, that's got a sting in the tail. Fortunately the next home I move to will probably have the word 'care' in it :)
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Successful day. Boy man of the match (although I think they pick a different player each week, and we inspired Wimbledon to a 3-2 victory against the great Harrogate town. I can see why Wimbledon are in the bottom half of league 2. Enjoyable though, will go again.

How much were the tickets Seano?
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Picked the best seats available. £35 for me and £15 for the boy. They start from £23 but that’s with the more shouty and sweary lot who don’t sit down.
  • pinno
    35 squid for a league 2 game?!?

You can attend Stranraer FC for a tenner (and they are all shouty, sweary. Probably 'cos they're shyte).
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Picked the best seats available. £35 for me and £15 for the boy. They start from £23 but that’s with the more shouty and sweary lot who don’t sit down.
    Jeez, we used to pay about that to go in the family section at Chelsea.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,694
    I've never been to a football match, doesn't feel like I'm missing out to be honest
  • Stevo_666

I've never been to a football match, doesn't feel like I'm missing out to be honest

The opportunity to sing 'You're just a fat granny sh@gger' to Wayne Rooney justified the entry price :p
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Yup, that's got a sting in the tail. Fortunately the next home I move to will probably have the word 'care' in it :)
    Make sure you've left your finances in order so you own very little well before care becomes a reality. You don't want some grotty care home or the government getting your hard earned dosh.
    Don't worry Oxo, already done some planning on that front: had to deal with that stuff with my folks a few years ago. Keeping hard earned away from governments is what I do for a living :smile: