ride, cafes, wfh, bubbly to celebrate bubbly day
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    Hounds, work hell followed by pub yeah
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,659
    Day of meh. Chiro in town this morning. Sold some old 29er wheels. Stripped a roadie down to try and sell bits instead. Hard to shift older stuff these days.

Rain has finally eased off, but still cool grey and dreary.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,620
    Decided I CBA to go into the office today as hardly anyone else will be there so had a bit longer in bed :)

A few Teams calls to be done, otherwise may knock off early unless I get ambushed.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,669
    Morning. Grey and damp and dreary. Had plumber in at 8am to service boiler and fit some new taps. Gave me an excuse to use car for commute as I left late. My legs and right knee are grateful. 6th COVID jab this afternoon so half day for me. Time for an early shandy too.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Bloody warm out still. Sweating like a proverbial. Eeeeeh, I'm sure I remember frosty late Octobers, back when this was all trees. Hopefully bail early today, dinner out with Mrs B3, then up to Cov again tomorrow to collect mini from my mother's.

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129
    very mild start, though gloomy and about twenty-three drops of rain, nice to ride in just a summer jersey etc.

contemplating a cafe stroll
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,091
    Bonkers weather. Forecast to cool off a bit next week and back to normalish temps for time of year.
    Very breezy here which is knocking down the temperature.
    Yes, I remember sliding around on the ice at school as a kid in October.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Warm and wet here today but the sun is coming out.
    Need to nip to town for some clothes (according to MrsHD) as we're out day drinking tomorrow.
    Also need to finish the hinged TV mount in the garage for the turbo.
    New tyres and bar tape arriving later from wobble so will need to fettle before Sunday.
    And I made a training log/spreadsheet last night using Numbers, I'm quite impressed with it as a first time user so celebrated with a G&T and an episode of The Fifty Project.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,201
    Sun shining! Personal energy levels? Next to zero. Still struggling with the double vacc after effects, 1 week and counting come this pm. Means can"t do much at all physically. Annoying.

About to venture out by foot, go ogle some Belted Galloways at the local mart. Let's see if I can make it... taxi!
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

Sun shining! Personal energy levels? Next to zero. Still struggling with the double vacc after effects, 1 week and counting come this pm. Means can"t do much at all physically. Annoying.

About to venture out by foot, go ogle some Belted Galloways at the local mart. Let's see if I can make it... taxi!

Are you going to rent some turf from Farmer Andy for a Beltie?

#thegoodlife
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    orraloon said:

Are you going to buy some livestock to rear? Or the already butchered version?
  • I'm calling for the butchered version on my way home.

Mooooooooo
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,694
    Afternoon folks,
    WFH today so the weather wasn't too bad on the communt down the stairs. I should probably go in search of some lunch soon. Being Friday should be going out for a dink with the PO later. Busy weekend ahead with lots to do at the old dear's, but also lots to do here and the lad is down for the weekend and may need a little supervision as he pulls the Golf apart. Rats! Forgot to pinch the spring compressors from work, better make a quick phone call...
    How's the deep breathing going TLW :D
    I think there are some SLF dates next year Stevo, fancy it?
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,201
    Made it there and back without too much wheezing, must be on mend. Though sitting above the auction ring spectating for an hour or so prob helped.

Good agri vibe in the place. But bids in "guineas"! How old school. Has Grease-Smug endorsed?

They are beef cattle, but nah easier to ogle them before visiting the local butchers. Pretty things.

• photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,669
    Took the plumber 3 hours to get the old taps off the bath and put the new ones on. They were well and truly melded to the tub. Bath probably circa 1960's and taps original. Would have been cheaper to get a new bath!!!
    Oh well. Jab jabbed. I now identify myself as Bivalent....

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,694
    Been to the boozer to toast Piña's health, had a very nice brew called Road Soda from Mondo brewery. Highly recommended if you like the modern hazy pale ales. It was so good I had another. Then thought as I was toasting our cousin's in sweatland I'd raise a glass to 'loon and his post jab lethargy and had a pint of Siren Soundwave. Not bad at all, but I prefer the Lumina. Unfortunately at this point the EPO lived up to her name and wanted to come home and relax. Probably just as well, lots to do tomorrow 🙄
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

Made it there and back without too much wheezing, must be on mend. Though sitting above the auction ring spectating for an hour or so prob helped.

Good agri vibe in the place. But bids in "guineas"! How old school. Has Grease-Smug endorsed?

They are beef cattle, but nah easier to ogle them before visiting the local butchers. Pretty things.

A Guinea is worth £1.05. The 5p goes to the Auctioneer, so all parties know what they are paying/receiving.