my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129
    ffs just poured, grrr, bloody useless weather forecasts

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    Really shoot sleep after taking a tumble running last night - ribs are at best bruised 🤬

Hound walk should normally take an hour and was closer to to 1.5hrs 🙄

Work stuff is rather busy and now later isn’t the planned run, maybe pub with the house guests
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    tlw1 said:

Really shoot sleep after taking a tumble running last night - ribs are at best bruised 🤬

Work stuff is rather busy and now later isn’t the planned run, maybe pub with the house guests

Down again!? Getting a bit doddery t.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • tlw1
    seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

It’s like I’m 50 next month 😂

Bloody leaves over sandstone rocks - rather hard to spot. My rather expensive head torch is going to get replaced by a better one
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    edited October 2022
    tlw1 said:

seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

It’s like I’m 50 next month 😂

Bloody leaves over sandstone rocks - rather hard to spot. My rather expensive head torch is going to get replaced by a better one
    Getting scraped/bashed up in your 20's, 30's, 40's = street cred.
    Above 50 = an on going concern.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Lovely morning if a little cool but that's fine 'cos Mrs P is trying to cook me at the moment.
    Women's thermostats, what's wrong with them?

Will pedal later after picking toots off to the whatever next activity. They should be happy - it's an art session.
    The last time, Tricky painted a flying pig picture as she had heard of them.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,976
    edited October 2022
    pinno said:

Lovely morning if a little cool but that's fine 'cos Mrs P is trying to cook me at the moment.

They go wonky as they get older. Register too hot or too cold, rarely accurate.
    Only solution is suffer or trade in for a later model one.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232
    edited October 2022
    Club run and an early night so feeling much better today, swim session booked at lunch and tater ash for dinner :p
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,618
    pinno said:

Menopause for her and Menoporsche for you? :p
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Busy morning, gave our Ukrainian a lift to the hotel where she's starting work - first day on the job. She can walk home later, not too far. Then spent the rest of the time on calls. Must be lunch time soon...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129
    mild but soggy ride, wet glass in front tub, hoping it's not too deep, inspect later and if ok squish a bit of stormsure into the cut
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,693
    Afternoon folks,
    Another day in the orifice that's improved by the presence of the beautiful assistant. Pleasant enough wobble in this morning, fresh but not cold. Had to laugh as there were about 8 photographers around the pond close to where I enter Bushy Park looking for deer to photograph in the moody morning light. A few hundred yards further along the path, the other side of a good size copse of trees were loads of deer, looked like they were hiding from the paparazzi. One of the last evenings for riding home in daylight, will have to dig out the helmet light for next week.
    There's an easy way to avoid falling when running TLW, I think you can guess what it is. Hope it is just bruising, ribs are 'kin painful.
    Anyway, onwards and upwards...
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    pinno said:

I think they call it "having a fall" don't they?

• pblakeney
    thistle_ said:

pinno said:

I've fallen and I can't get up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYO3ubor6Bs
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,659
    thistle_ said:

pinno said:

Yep. I had that phone call from Mum on Sunday. It was raining, she'd walked round the shops to get stuff and was taking a shortcut on the way home. The Zimmer frame got caught up on something, and she fell over, banged her head on the frame on the way down. Nobody about to help either, managed to get herself up and home 400 meters away. Doesn't carry a mobile any more because her eyesight is bad enough she can't read the screen anyway.

She's ok thankfully, just sore.

Not the phone call I wanted on a Sunday afternoon for sure.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,201
    Managed to get a glimpse of the partial eclipse earlier, thin cloud doing a bit of screening but still visible via camera tech.

Stuff fettling continues: woodstore phase #1 now in place, time to get more logs ordered. Or scrounge timber off next door farmer Alec.

Still tired post double vacc on Friday, ran out of energy yesterday afternoon, had to stop. Now have a streaming nose, started overnight. But damn sight better than catching the bugs.
  • Stevo_666
    thistle_ said:

pinno said:

Doesn't he have one of those emergency buzzers that summons help?
  • pinno
    edited October 2022
    Stevo_666 said:

thistle_ said:

pinno said:

I thought better than that - train the Spaniels to go fetch help and or drag him home.
  • pinno

thistle_ said:

pinno said:

Yep. I had that phone call from Mum on Sunday. It was raining, she'd walked round the shops to get stuff and was taking a shortcut on the way home. The Zimmer frame got caught up on something, and she fell over, banged her head on the frame on the way down. Nobody about to help either, managed to get herself up and home 400 meters away. Doesn't carry a mobile any more because her eyesight is bad enough she can't read the screen anyway.

She's ok thankfully, just sore.

Not the phone call I wanted on a Sunday afternoon for sure.

Falls for the elderly can have tragic consequences.
    I have a Jackanory about one such incident that I might write later once I have showered and stretched and eaten a shovel full of food post ride.
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Menopause for her and Menoporsche for you? :p
    She's years off the change.
    [smug]
  • pinno
    WTF is 'tater ash'?

Could you at least spell it right? lol

https://daisiesandpie.co.uk/lancashire-potato-hash/

Its like mince n tatties.
  • tlw1
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

thistle_ said:

pinno said:

I thought better than that - train the Spaniels to go fetch help.
    On todays walk they stayed with me the whole way, think my constant yelping out in pain had them worried
  • pinno
    Good ride today. Tested the Sportful flandria bibs - lovely.
  • pinno said:

WTF is 'tater ash'?

Could you at least spell it right? lol

https://daisiesandpie.co.uk/lancashire-potato-hash/

Its like mince n tatties.

This retro dish often called 'tattie'ash', 'tayter'ash' or 'potato ash' is a one pot classic made with just minced beef, onions, carrots, ...

Same difference but not my choice, the kids want it.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pblakeney
    pinno said:

Good ride today. Tested the Sportful flandria bibs - lovely.

You're welcome! 😉

PS - Early menopause can start at any age. Beware the warning signs and pray it's just another one of those hormonal things.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • veronese68
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

thistle_ said:

pinno said:

I thought better than that - train the Spaniels to go fetch help and or drag him home.
    "What's that Lassie, some idiot has fallen over whilst running on trails in the dark? Had it coming then, I wonder if I can have his bikes"
    Wouldn't make for much of a story 😂
  • veronese68
    In other dull news, seem to be more idiots than usual out tonight, wandering all over the roads and paths. All on foot or cycling, drivers were quite well behaved thankfully. Definitely a day for pootling rather than trying to get anywhere quickly.
    Saw another big herd of deer, had to ride through the middle of them, slowed to a crawl and kept a weary eye on the big pointy ones.
  • orraloon

In other dull news, seem to be more idiots than usual out tonight, wandering all over the roads and paths. All on foot or cycling, drivers were quite well behaved thankfully. Definitely a day for pootling rather than trying to get anywhere quickly.
    Saw another big herd of deer, had to ride through the middle of them, slowed to a crawl and kept a weary eye on the big pointy ones.

Weary or wary?

Me? Weary. Walked down to the shops earlier to get some bits, it's close just 6-7 mins walk. Xxxx me, on way back I felt like I'd been walking for hours / days. This is def my worst vacc reaction, though think this is first time I've had the double flu and C-word. Bleepin' nose is pouring out stuff.

Early night coming. Think a hot soak, couple glasses and lights out. Tomorrow is a new world. Or summat.
  • veronese68
    Wary, I'm obviously weary and/or a bit dim.
    Which jab did you have? I had a Pfizer one, but she said it was a new one that covered 2 strains. Minimal side effects for me thankfully, hope yours don't drag on too long
  • orraloon
    Pfizer para mi aussi, sez he going pan Euro. I had Pfizer as my #3 last November but had no side effects. Maybe it's the combo with the flu one that's kicked off my immune system. A constantly runny nose is tedious, I am no longer a primary school age kid.