Ghost shifting.

Hello,

My freewheel body has some play, even after tightening the bolt that secures it to the wheel quite firmly, my other 4 derailleur bikes don't have this play. It jumps gears mainly around the middle of the cassette when pedalling hard, I've replaced the body with a new one, I've tried it with no spacers behind it, one spacer and two spacers, no difference, the bike has been like it from new, wish I'd taken it back, it's 3*10 105.

Chris

Comments

• Does it do it going both ways or just down to the smaller cogs ?
  • If I'm in 5th it keeps going half onto 4th then jumps to 6th and stays there, shifting on it has been iffy from new, I was working loads of overtime so kept putting off taking it back, now I've retired I can't ride it due to this issue, will ring the shop that built it tomorrow.
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,419
    Possibly a bent derailleur? When I had ghost shifting as you say it was because of that.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• hdow
    hdow Posts: 184
    Check the gear cable. If it starts fraying indexing goes to pot
  • Fecks sake, the bike has been like it from new, from when it was built, went through everything this morning, eventually found kinked cable, must of been done when the bike was built, awkward to get the cable round the bend above the sti shifter, all good now, thanks for the help,

Chris
  • Sell the groups and go di2. Bit of an extreme solution, but no gear cables to worry about.
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,517
    skwarczek said:

Sell the groups and go di2. Bit of an extreme solution, but no gear cables to worry about.

Yep, that's the best idea, chuck £1300 at it.
  • skwarczek said:

Sell the groups and go di2. Bit of an extreme solution, but no gear cables to worry about.

Yep, that's the best idea, chuck £1300 at it.
    1300 ,that's a bargain ,where can I get 2 ?
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    skwarczek said:

that's a mega idea - we can then all spend hours trying to sort out a random cable issue or some bizarre firmware update.

top thinking that man.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle said:

skwarczek said:

that's a mega idea - we can then all spend hours trying to sort out a random cable issue or some bizarre firmware update.

top thinking that man.
    Or you could take it to a shop and for £20 they do an error check and you could find out ,
    No idea why some people think it's so difficult to do .
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644

MattFalle said:

skwarczek said:

top thinking that man.
    Or you could take it to a shop and for £20 they do an error check and you could find out ,
    see threads passim ad infinitum.

The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle said:

MattFalle said:

skwarczek said:

top thinking that man.
    see threads passim ad infinitum.

I know ,that's why I said " I've no idea why some think it's so difficult "