sunday calculating how much information* a pineapple can hold without collapsing into a black hole

'ning

extreme sogginess forecast

cafe stroll, indulge one's voluptuary nature in great lazing, feasting and bubbly

*assuming we smooth the surface a smidge, i reckon around 2 × 10⁶⁸ bits, scales with the surface area of the specific pineapple of course
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    'ning

Yes, soggy here this morning but forecast is nice for later.

Might go the gym this morning, then need to get some food in.

Mosquito bites from Wednesday still very itchy and lumpy.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    Will the data go off at the same speed as the pineapple?

Legs surprisingly good after nearly 4 hrs in the mountains yesterday followed by a gentle ride on the fun bike to justify an afternoon in the pub.

Today is a run now and then jobs as we speed towards hosting a party for me getting old.

Pub later and then later still the kids old au-pair is visiting from holland with her boyfriend - might just be in the office lots next week
  • thistle_
    tlw1 said:

Today is a run now and then jobs as we speed towards hosting a party for me getting old.

Our invites are delayed because of the post strikes?

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    edited October 2022
    tlw1 said:

Will the data go off at the same speed as the pineapple?

I'm sure the Pineapple will last longer than a Lettuce.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Not as soggy as anticipated (yet).
    It's supposed to brighten up later but will it be early enough for a pedal? It's touch and go...

Beans has cabin fever. Maybe Thistle has Dengue fever.
  • tlw1
    thistle_ said:

tlw1 said:

Nope - Its just I hate you all 😂
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129
    cafe splosh, it's quite dark out, had a wander around a graveyard

tempted to go to the physic garden later for a wander, they have an impressive section of plants from the land of the tabby, and, yes, the café has bubbly
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    tlw1 said:

thistle_ said:

tlw1 said:

I guess we're gate crashing TLW's birthday party guys.
    ...and see if there's anything to filch.
  • Moaning,
      Had a walk to the jab-centre earlier got jabbed, walked home. Just in time really it's now pi55ing it down.

I can feel the pull of the pub already... :*
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,616
    tlw1 said:

thistle_ said:

tlw1 said:

We'll buy you a suitable record for your birthday pressie.
    https://youtu.be/KR8RHBXjMlE
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    edited October 2022
    Decent lie in had, though woken by thunder and lightning at some point, soggy dog walk done and now supping tea and contemplating lunch. Our Ukrainian is out on a weekend jaunt with her mates, for some reason they've gone to Lakeside over in Essex - at least they won't get wet.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Rest day today, so decided to fill the fridge. Roast dinner at the eldest childs house later, MrsHD has made moroccan lamb cigars with raita for a starter plus cheese for later. Will there be port? Probably not... But there will be decent red wine.

Starting to plan IM training for real now, it starts mid December so it'll take me up to that to write up a spread sheet. Run with the fast(er than usual) group on Monday and a mid day swim session on the cards already. May arrange a late start to work on Wednesday as it's looking like the only dry day this week.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno

...MrsHD has made moroccan lamb cigars with raita...

Had to look that up - looks good.
    Pastry and meat, can't beat it.

• Essentially a meat spring roll.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Afternoon folks,
    Traditional slow start was enjoyed, this was followed by mild pottering, more pottering to follow. Haven't looked at the bike yet so I suspect leaving the chain and cassette until it's unrideable will be my chosen path.
    Was raining earlier, looks bright now but there are ominous clouds building.
    Hmmm, meat spring roll...
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Sleep at 2:15 a.m. due to late arriving plane. On the road in the pouring rain at 8:30 to collect the dog from Cov, then more or less straight back in stodgy traffic. Laundry, trip to the supermarket, made sure Mini's bike is fit for a 2 day cycling proficiency course, and mine is OK for work tomorrow. I'm knackered now. Bought a bottle of red plonk at the supermarket to take the edge off. Might broach that shortly.
  • beansnikpoh
    Fcuking weather though...thunderstorm at the moment. Hopefully the honking pudding will take it as an omen and fcuk off back to the Caribbean.
  • thistle_

Fcuking weather though...thunderstorm at the moment. Hopefully the honking pudding will take it as an omen and fcuk off back to the Caribbean.

Just looked on the thunderstorm map, that's a decent storm down your way.

Hopefully it stays away so I can ride to work in the morning.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Yep, definitely got a bit Bohemian Rhapsody a little while back
  • beansnikpoh
    I bought a lovely soft thick merino sweater. Money well spent. Mrs B³ is pretending we can't afford to heat the house. The kitchen-dining room is super insulated and triple glazed, being newly done, so that is heated via the underfloor heating to 19°. The rest of the house is not heated. I said that her/our flights are heating the rest of the world, she said I was a member of the anti-growth coalition.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,200
    ^ aw fuxx man, yer B3 (can't do the superscript on this) isn't a Spaffer fanboigurl shirley?
  • beansnikpoh
    Nope, she just won't give up flying.
  • tlw1

I bought a lovely soft thick merino sweater. Money well spent. Mrs B³ is pretending we can't afford to heat the house. The kitchen-dining room is super insulated and triple glazed, being newly done, so that is heated via the underfloor heating to 19°. The rest of the house is not heated. I said that her/our flights are heating the rest of the world, she said I was a member of the anti-growth coalition.

Cheer yourself up - we have a hot tub and an aga - both makes flights look green in comparison
  • pinno
    edited October 2022

...she said I was a member of the anti-growth coalition.

What?!

I suppose you commuting to work by bike confirms that.

Bought a bottle of red plonk at the supermarket to take the edge off. Might broach that shortly.

Did that yesterday and got the T shirt.
    Chilean Merlot. Top shelf stuff, much more than single figures. Blagh!
    Doubt i'll use it for cooking - might use it to clean the windows.

• Sleep at 2:15 a.m. due to late arriving plane. On the road in the pouring rain at 8:30 to collect the dog from Cov, then more or less straight back in stodgy traffic. Laundry, trip to the supermarket, made sure Mini's bike is fit for a 2 day cycling proficiency course, and mine is OK for work tomorrow. I'm knackered now. Bought a bottle of red plonk at the supermarket to take the edge off. Might broach that shortly.

This is why I gave up flying and stuck to ferries/ships for holidays. Too much stress flying.
    When you take a boat, you’re on holiday the moment your bag hits your bunk.
    When you fly you’re not on holiday until your bag hits the bed in your hotel room.
    That can be quite a difference, plus all the unwinding you've done on holiday can be undone on the return check-in/flight/transfer/etc

Just had a really nice night in the pub, chatting and playing darts/snooker tip top! O'an drinking beer ;)
  • Stevo_666

Sleep at 2:15 a.m. due to late arriving plane. On the road in the pouring rain at 8:30 to collect the dog from Cov, then more or less straight back in stodgy traffic. Laundry, trip to the supermarket, made sure Mini's bike is fit for a 2 day cycling proficiency course, and mine is OK for work tomorrow. I'm knackered now. Bought a bottle of red plonk at the supermarket to take the edge off. Might broach that shortly.

This is why I gave up flying and stuck to ferries/ships for holidays. Too much stress flying.
    When you take a boat, you’re on holiday the moment your bag hits your bunk.
    When you fly you’re not on holiday until your bag hits the bed in your hotel room.
    That can be quite a difference, plus all the unwinding you've done on holiday can be undone on the return check-in/flight/transfer/etc

Just had a really nice night in the pub, chatting and playing darts/snooker tip top! O'an drinking beer ;)
    The ski train was good fun. Get a few beers in the bar carriage then sleep it off and wake up in the Alps.
  • pinno
    Yup, even getting on the Eurostar was never like jumping on the Ferry - you could see blighty disappearing into the distance and take in all the smells, sights and sounds of France! and you knew you were going somewhere.
    You miss a sense of place and geography by flying. Besides, I remember free food even on the shortest flight and... leg room and... service.
    Now fleasy jet et al is like jumping on a noisy, stressed bus like a Sardine and paying for the privalege.
  • You have to take flying and the airport as part of the holiday, don't stress it and it's fine.
    Pack light, wear something that doesn't require a belt and have everything to hand.
    All (when it was applicable) covid docs etc to hand on your phone and flying is pretty stress free.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • beansnikpoh
    I'm not fussed by flying, even if delayed, but you wouldn't get me on a boat for quids - I bloody hate boats.