my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    Nice walk with hounds, now work stuff and swim followed by pub later
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    Morning

Today will be coffee, Zoom meeting, general chores and lazing around.
    Weather: autumnal.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,201
    Aye, anither dreich start tae the day. Bits to collect, bits to fettle, and on it goes.

Have my 5G chip update injection appt with added flu late pm. Might be a quiet weekend a-comin' my way.
  • Been to the gym, WFW, drive home, WFH.
    I might hang the TV in the garage for Zwifting if I get around to it.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,617
    pinno said:

Forget the Tory party, War in Ukraine, cost of living crisis, Communist party meeting, we have an exclusive

***Beans update. Hot off the press***

Now the evenings have drawn in, Beans has a favourite game: If you venture outside, he'll stalk you and then pounce on your legs.

Sounds a bit like a low rent version of Inspector Clouseau and Cato.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Morning wage slaves and skivers, another day caving, shouldn't be too much hard work unless I get ambushed. So will fit in a few jobs in between.

Just printed off a few pages of standard phrases in dual language for our resident Ukrainian as she might end up working on reception in the local hotel, which will be quite amusing as her English is a bit iffy.

Bike ride tomorrow if the weather holds up.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    edited October 2022
    oxoman said:

Morning All. Mutley walked after a late get up. Bike about to be ridden and family meal booked for the wkend. Loving the blue sky's here at the minute, sadly they will go politics style later. Grey and clashing. I'm sure someone could write a decent film or fiction series based on current UK politics at the minute. Will catch up on unwatched TV later rather than watch political drivel.
    And Stevo I trust your not calling me a skiver, its called a well earned slowdown to retirement.

Would I do a thing like that Oxo? o:) I was talking about the full time skivers :)
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,669
    Morning. Sitting in the waiting room of the eye hospital after having laser treatment to reduce the pressure in my eyes. Weird experience with lots of eye drops. Blurry as feck at the moment. 30 mins until I can leave and have a pint and a nap. What fun!

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,659
    Nice day, mild and sunny. Creaky old back stopped play however, so reduced to doing very little indoors for most of it. Did manage to sort through a pile of stuff in the wardrobe which has replenished the workshop rags stash, plus a load of unused things to go to charity shop.

Decided to (try and) sell my motorcycle kit. Leathers, summer jacket, boots, helmet, maybe the rain suit. I doubt I'll ever ride again which is a shame, but... Was pleasantly surprised that they actually still fitted after all these years.

Off to Chiro in the morning, see if he can "fix" things a bit so I can stop walking like a chimp. Also hopefully sell a second bike frame, part of the fleet rationalisation. :-(

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Penultimate day of scorchio. Loafing, flopping in the pool, reading.
  • Stevo_666
    edited October 2022

Scorchio or warmio? I thought this time of year was better for heat and sun dodgers like me.
  • orraloon

Morning. Sitting in the waiting room of the eye hospital after having laser treatment to reduce the pressure in my eyes. Weird experience with lots of eye drops. Blurry as censored at the moment. 30 mins until I can leave and have a pint and a nap. What fun!

Good luck with the treatment. I have an oft-renewed season ticket for the eye hospital, not had laser action. Yet.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644

Morning. Sitting in the waiting room of the eye hospital after having laser treatment to reduce the pressure in my eyes. Weird experience with lots of eye drops. Blurry as censored at the moment. 30 mins until I can leave and have a pint and a nap. What fun!

blurred vision or not uou can still type and sprll better thn the MFs

.Hope all goes groovy with procedure
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Stevo_666 said:

Scorchio or warmio? I thought this time of year was better for heat and sun dodgers like me.
    It's about 25-27 degrees. Doesn't get cooler than 20. Lots of sun. Nice breeze. Pretty much ideal climate. I think proper winter is a bit cooler and there might be some rain, but still 20-21 degrees.
  • Sounds perfect for riding, I don't mind the heat on a proper holiday as long as there's shade, chlorinated water and a bar within a few metres.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • orraloon
    Feeling a bit let down. Double booster jabbed and yet the signal strength is same as was. Maybe I need to take out all the LED bulbs?

Or drink some beers? 👍 Plan.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    Stevo_666 said:

Yeah that's what I thought but I think it was in the 30s again here.
    At least there was a slight breeze on the tops of the (smaller) mountains, but no water, chlorinated or otherwise

• thistle_

Blurry as censored at the moment. 30 mins until I can leave and have a pint and a nap. What fun!

If you have enough pints you won't know if it's the eye drops or the alcohol.
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

It's about 25-27 degrees. Doesn't get cooler than 20. Lots of sun. Nice breeze. Pretty much ideal climate. I think proper winter is a bit cooler and there might be some rain, but still 20-21 degrees.
    Sounds just right. We've been to the Canaries quite a few times before but not for a while now and not in October. Remember it wasn't quite warm enough in January.
  • Stevo_666
    thistle_ said:

Stevo_666 said:

Yeah that's what I thought but I think it was in the 30s again here.
    At least there was a slight breeze on the tops of the (smaller) mountains, but no water, chlorinated or otherwise

Must be warmer than normal where you are I guess. Still, better than temps in the mid teens, grey and damp...
  • thistle_
    Stevo_666 said:

Must be warmer than normal where you are I guess. Still, better than temps in the mid teens, grey and damp...

Yes, think there's a bit of a heatwave here.
    Mid teens would do nicely for me, but you can keep the grey and damp!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Evening folks,
    Busy day of WFH and now have a quiet evening to myself as there's a wifeout situation here. Just had a lovely bottle of stout, seemed rather sporty, 11.2% confirms it. My sight may be better than PhotoNic's post eye laser vision. Now watching HIGNFY and they're having a field day unsurprisingly.
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,669
    Alls now good thanks. Headache almost gone. Eyes feeling better if a little tender. I can focus now hurrah! Family looked better before lol. Never liked the idea of lasers anywhere near my eyes but this procedure creates microbubbles in the drainage matrix behind the iris that opens it up to help excess fluid drain thus reducing pressure. Cool huh. Flu jab tomorrow. Covid jab in a weeks time. Getting my moneys worth from the wonderful NHS.
    Oh and yesterday saw the Podiatrist for my Plantar Fasciitis. Basically from toes to top!

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.