Changing handlebars on a Specialized Tarmac with RS785 Hydraulic Disc Brakes

Hi all,
Earlier this year put some slightly wider handlebars on a SuperSix rim brake bike I had bought. Came with some 38cm bars which were too narrow, but was also supplied with the original 42cm bars which are spot on for me! Lovely straightforward job with a simple ‘ unbolt’ of the brake levers.
My Tarmac SL5 Comp Disc with RS 785 Hydraulic brakes came with 44cm wide handlebars from stock and these are a little wide. I’ve got a 42cm wide set to fit.
V busy with work, but should have some time in about 10 days to fit them… Haven’t had the chance to take an initial look…
Will the job be as simple with a simple ‘ unbolt’ of the brake levers, or will this involve needing to bleed the hydraulic system please ?
Many thanks in advance!

Comments

• wongataa
    wongataa Posts: 1,001
    As long as the hoses and cables are not routed through the bars then yes all you do is unbolt the levers. If the hoses & cables are routed through the bars you will need to cut them to remove the levers. You only need to bleed hydraulic systems if you cut hoses or disconnect hoses.
  • Brilliant - thank you wongataa - much appreciated :) - all external so good to go... when I have a bit of time!