friday down in flames down in flames

'ning

somewhat hungover, i blame the cab sauv before the bottles of bubbly, well, that and brexit

ride, cafe, natter to gmc punter of gmc that i care about less than a crushed molusc, other natter, bail, curative bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    Chilled start after broken ale free sleep. Walk hounds then work stuff. Later is a swim and then the pub.

Chilled pub night as off to Montpelier for a long weekend tomorrow early doors
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Certainly getting a good sleep with these dark mornings. Enjoyable wobble in, work avoidance while I wait for wobble back.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    seanoconn said:

Certainly getting a good sleep with these dark mornings. Enjoyable wobble in, work avoidance while I wait for wobble back.

Yeabut - I find that I am sleeping a bit heavy and it's not so easy to get up.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Bit grey here and no wind to blow the clouds away.

Don't mention Brexit, it's a clusterfuck.

Really need to get around to sourcing wheels and bars for the winter bike which means upgrading wheels and bars for the summer bike. :smiley:
  • tlw1
    oxoman said:

Morning all. Hospital appointment this morning. Chill out after. Looking grey outside. Enjoy the day folks.

Hope it goes ok
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,616
    oxoman said:

Morning all. Hospital appointment this morning. Chill out after. Looking grey outside. Enjoy the day folks.

Good luck Oxo.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Woke early for no known reason despite needing a bit of extra kip after yesterday's early start. Just as well not many meetings so will take it relatively easy today. Our resident Ukrainian has a friend who lives not far away so is off over there tonight and we'll get her back tomorrow - looks like I'll be on refugee taxi duty.

Will try a bike ride tomorrow to check the back problems are well and truly sorted - if the weather holds.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    Wonder how Loon slept?

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,200
    3 beers, 1 glass of red, warm stove, relaxed so slept ok bar the mandatory WTF was that noise alert at 3.30, out with the bright light to find / see / hear nowt. The wireless cameras are on order, should be here in a few days time.

A wet start. Gym and pool sesh later this morning. Then tbc. Wonder if there's a local breeder of watch dragons, as the crows don't do night shift?
  • sungod said:

somewhat hungover, i blame the cab sauv

That is one wine the I go out of my way to avoid, it isn't the nicest at the best of times and for some random reason makes the back of my left eye ache.

Probably a short run later followed by a pre holiday meeting which will involve wine, cheese and probably more wine.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    seanoconn said:

Wonder how Loon slept?

😂
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

3 beers, 1 glass of red, warm stove, relaxed so slept ok bar the mandatory WTF was that noise alert at 3.30, out with the bright light to find / see / hear nowt. The wireless cameras are on order, should be here in a few days time.

A wet start. Gym and pool sesh later this morning. Then tbc. Wonder if there's a local breeder of watch dragons, as the crows don't do night shift?

A dog perhaps?
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

orraloon said:

A dog perhaps?
    Surely a dragon, basilisk or a really cranky fairy would be a more sensible option?
  • Stevo_666
    It's not that bad - look at the price of ciggies these days and he's getting them for free.
  • You could sell them in the school yard for a quid each these days.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Afternoon folks,
    WFH today so a slightly slower wobble-free start was had. Still got loads of nonsense ot deal with, some of it new kinds of nonsense. My trip to Padova next week has been cancelled, which i'm happy about as it's not my idea of fun. Complete organisational clusterfuck meant although they'd talked about me going in several meetings and we'd planned for me to go, they hadn't booked me into the hotel or arrrenged my passes. Great, not spending 4 days on my feet at a show suits me fine. Only downside is I miss out on some good food. Absloute showerofshit.

...and for some random reason makes the back of my left eye ache.

That really is a very specific and rather strange side effect.
    Stevo_666 said:

It's not that bad - look at the price of ciggies these days and he's getting them for free.

I did say yesterday someone wasting money like that would give the Scots a bad name. Glad 'loon survived the night though.
    Hope all went well at the hospital Oxo.
    Going to the pub with the EPO later, might be a good case for fish and chips after that.
  • orraloon
    Survived the night indeed, as did some errant no-show weirdo. If I get hold of some fuxxer, said fuxxer will be in a shitload of trouble. This is what happened officer...

Gym 'n' swim sesh has left me feeling a bit heavy so light tasks only for the rest of the day.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    orraloon said:

Survived the night indeed, as did some errant no-show weirdo. If I get hold of some fuxxer, said fuxxer will be in a shitload of trouble. This is what happened officer...

Gym 'n' swim sesh has left me feeling a bit heavy so light tasks only for the rest of the day.

Laying out some cigs on someone's doorstep seems like an easy job for the afternoon.
  • It is an odd symptom but my dad also suffers with the same.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • In fact I'm going to prove the symptom tonight with a nice valpolicella ripasso, I'm going to suggest that the side effect of this much beter offering will be a slight morning fuzz rather than left eye ache.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533

In fact I'm going to prove the symptom tonight with a nice valpolicella ripasso, I'm going to suggest that the side effect of this much beter offering will be a slight morning fuzz rather than left eye ache.

Might be oak, or just generally tannin. A lot of cabernets are aged in oak, or the cheaper ones have oak staves or chips in the winemaking process. Cabernet is also pretty tannic, which can also be a headache inducer.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Drove back down here early. Surprisingly little traffic, must be that Friday wfh thing. Wfh all day, barely looked up. Now making sure I have enough clothes ahead of hols in the land of the tabby and volcano. Hopefully the hire car will be better than the absolutely gopping suzuki baleno we had in corfu.

Hoping for a couple of days bike hire.

A couple of beers lined up for later.
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

orraloon said:

A dog perhaps?
    Surely a dragon, basilisk or a really cranky fairy would be a more sensible option?
    There's plenty dim witted females, short of height and strong in will (in equal measure) in deepest Galloway. Fort 'Loon is the epicentre.
    Funny - they all have bushy eyebrows and have a fixed expression of deep scorn. Like you've burnt their huts down and stolen their life savings of groats and then piddled in their mince.
    They never talk in tones less than 75db. You can hear them at the back of the Co-op near closing time, wrestling on the floor and tearing lumps out of each other, fighting over the marked down turnips and butter beans.
    They don't bother with phones as they can hear each other miles away. Their favourite afternoon pastime between scrubbing stuff is standing in their own Kale patch whilst having a conversation with multiple neighbours, often in the next county.

There is a wall that separates Newton Stewart from Minigaff. Legend has it, that the wall was used as an enclosure to prevent them straying. The wall is a mere 4 foot tall but that was sufficient to retain them as ladders proved too complicated and standing on something triggered extraordinary vertigo.
    A terrible incident involving the first municipal donkey service and a wasps nest drove a hole in the wall and so they escaped. Worse, they inter-bred with locals, halving the already meagre average IQ but raising their average height to 4 foot 2" over the years.
    They have impeccable huts. There is fcuk all in them but they are impeccable. They wear vacuum cleaners out before the end of the warranty and empty the shops of bleach and other cleaning products such is there penchant for a cleanliness; they put the well heeled and sterile Presbyterians to shame.

'Loon has an army of them at his disposal to guard his ramshackle Fort and fodder patch if he chooses. The only caveat is that you must never spurn their amorous advances during the rutting season This often causes serious injury and sometimes, fatalities.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Its the left eye only bit that got me, You'd expect it to be both eyes

In fact I'm going to prove the symptom tonight with a nice valpolicella ripasso, I'm going to suggest that the side effect of this much beter offering will be a slight morning fuzz rather than left eye ache.

I'd love to know why it affects one eye and not the other, as with Oxo's ear you'd expect it to affect both sides equally. I'm obviously not a doctor or any sort of expert.
    A couple of my cousins live in valpolicella, great ice cream place in Parona di Valpolicella run by a two times downhill MTB world champion. The only clue to her history is the Kona open/closed sign on the door.
  • pinno
    No comment from @orraloon .

Hopeless.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,976
    pinno said:

No comment from @orraloon .

Hopeless.

Too busy with the fairies. It is rutting season after all.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • orraloon
    edited October 2022
    Too soon to comment. Today I have mowstley been practicing wiv ladders. Oh and sorting out some ruts. Innat.

Edit: oh and the mini gaff is to the west, a bit too far to the west given the strange ones who inhabit that well odd part of the planet. Oi b'aint got that partic vaccine yet.