'ning

soggy night

cafe stroll, wfh, kick off recruiting extra euro-bod, bubbly outing
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    Morning

And a lovely if not brr morning it is too!
    Today will probably be actual, real outdoor pedalling.

Chores and toots first.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    Not as cold as expected on morning run with hounds

Work stuff with salary negotiations - this may influence tonight’s options
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Lovely morning? How can you tell? Still dark here. Rapid pedal in, coffee on the go, roll on the weekend.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    'Ning

Not much sleep again. Went for a run and temporarily felt better but can't do that all day.
    The cycle path around the racecourse was locked this morning so had to take a detour with a very home made looking notice saying locked due to police incident. No police in sight.

That means every cycle route into the cycling demonstration city is now closed off 🙄

WFW, gym later
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,617
    Pitch black when I woke up. Slightly gloomy drive followed by crowded train as it's 'Thirsty Thursday' in the Big Smoke. Lots of tedious meetings this afternoon.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,201
    Got some weird sh1t going on.

Found several lots of cigs placed around my house. Must have been done overnight or early morning, before the fog lifted.

Could be prev owner, not stable mentally, is on a weirdo spell? Doors will stay locked.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    orraloon said:

Got some weird censored going on.

Found several lots of cigs placed around my house. Must have been done overnight or early morning, before the fog lifted.

Could be prev owner, not stable mentally, is on a weirdo spell? Doors will stay locked.

Spooky!
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • That's weird Loon!
    Lovely sunny day outside, shame in sat inside.
    Probably running later.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,659
    ^^ Blimey, that is weird. Better keep a pitchfork by the door just in case.

Windy windy windy day. Had to take Other Mr WS in for routine blood test. Rest of day was hacking away at overgrowth round the "garden".

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,976
    orraloon said:

Are you in Wicker Man country?
    Weird.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Munsford0
    Munsford0 Posts: 668
    :o that's worrying me and i'm hundreds of miles away!

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Afternoon folks,
    Another day in the orifice, had to drive the EPO in so no wobbling. A touch moist out but the rain had stopped, not as cold as it has been at least.
    That's very strange 'loon, not least given the price of cigarettes and that you are in Sweatland.
    Windy out your way last night TLW? Good luck with the negotiations.
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

Lovely morning? How can you tell?

pblakeney said:

orraloon said:

Are you in Wicker Man country?
    Weird.
    He is.
    Maybe they are local offerings?
  • orraloon
    V strange. Those 6 in pic plus 4 cigs on ground in line with edges of the 2 garage doors, then 2+2+1 on top of the 3 wheelie bins.

Is there some druggie code signalling going on? Prev guy liked a bit of weed.

Or might just be some kids effing around.

I think time for some wifi cameras front and back.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    orraloon said:

Sure it’s not your request getting lost in translation - fags lined up on the steps for my return…………..
  • Stevo_666
    orraloon said:

Might be the neighbours trying to spell out 'wash your steps you dirty b******'' using ciggies but being too smashed on Buckie to do it? :smiley:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

orraloon said:

Sure it’s not your request getting lost in translation - fags lined up on the steps for my return…………..
    :D
  • orraloon
    Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

Might be the neighbours trying to spell out 'wash your steps you dirty b******'' using ciggies but being too smashed on Buckie to do it? :smiley:
    Erm, Excuse Me! That's concrete and very faded masonry paint, job #n+y on the long list; though the paint has been acquired now. Garage walls then... Too much free water from the sky here to have dirty stuff.

Day continues to get weirder. Neighbour from down the hill dogwalker, calls up to me as I'm planting bulbs, saying there's a red strapped watch sitting on the rumblewagon down on the street, is it mine? Nope. Quite a nice looking mid range Sekonda. Told him it's an early Chrissie pressie, enjoy.
  • orraloon
    I actually popped down to ra polis station to show them the pics and ask if they'd seen similar before. Nope. More head scratching and might be x, might be y.

I shall prob not have a very good night's sleep tonight. But I do have a rather useful heavy metal tool sitting by the back door. So mayhap some other weirdo won't sleep ever again. Self defence m'lud. I'm guessing prisons are well heated in these strange times.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    V weird loon. Hope it's nothing sinister.

Rode in, wfw, rode back at lunch time, quick bit of wfh, drove up to cov to dump the dog. Long old drive, crappy traffic. Early start tomorrow to get back to London to wfh.
  • pinno
    edited October 2022

V weird loon. Hope it's nothing sinister.

Paranoia. Feed the people fear - ISIS, Nuclear war, meteor strikes, pandemics, 1 in 3 people will get cancer... Why jump to the sinister conclusion? It could be quite benign.

To kill a mockingbird? [Boo]

• beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Glass half full guy eh pinno? Or was it you on a day trip? ;)
  • pinno
    It wasnae me!

Previous owner had a head injury.