'ning

nippier, cloudier

ride, cafes, natter with euro chum, laze and bubbly

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,077
    Knee is a niggle so just a walk today.

Work stuff with a work mate coming over for a meeting - sure we will discuss cycling at some point.

Later is out for MILs birthday
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,188
    Dreich and blowy start outside, supposed to clear in a bit.

I take the rumblewagon for it's annual health check this morning. I do hope that any issue will be minor. This veehickle costs me £24 per month in VED and it's done about 90 miles total in last 4 months, the tip run shuttle. 🤔
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,081
    Windy, wet and grey. Meh.

I wonder if Fort 'Loon was sacked in his absence.

Is Seano's wife okay - mentally, physically?
    I think this pedalling wife malarkey is all in a great big plan to stop her getting a saggy bum as she ages.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    pinno said:

I think this pedalling wife malarkey is all in a great big plan to stop her getting a saggy bum as she ages.

That might be her plan tbh.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    'ning

Day off today with nothing to do.
    Had plans but weather and dodgy knee/foot has cancelled them.
  • Swim swum with little motivation.
    WFW for a bit then out for a site meeting.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • orraloon
    pinno said:

Nah man, the dragons keep watch.

Though they might be crows.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,623
    pinno said:

Windy, wet and grey. Meh.

Is Seano's wife okay - mentally, physically?

It went better than expected. She hasn’t ridden hardly at all since her teens but has good balance and handling was great for first time on a road bike. No road sense yet but that will come with practise. I stupidly told her her helmet wasn’t straight so we had to pop back home so helmet and hair could be re-adjusted in the mirror for the cycling fashion parade 😕
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,081
    Surprised you didn't buy her a hybrid.

I really like Shorty's Pinnacle Neon. Bars aren't too wide, it looks good. It's fuss free - clean lines and it's a ladies version without a silly step through frame.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,550
    edited October 2022
    Another day in a chilly cave. Got gardener bloke round to do some bits and pieces in the smaller stuff now we've had the big trees sorted.

Seano - should have fitted wing mirrors to her handlebars to allow hair checks on the fly, rookie mistake.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    Write it all down Oxo and flog the script to EastEnders or suchlike.

Rumblewagon passed the test. 👍 Couple advisories but nothing serious. Tip shuttle run life continues. Might start SORNing it if no heavy shifting planned: my end of the street is unadopted by council hence 'private' so it can sit there perfectly legally.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,550
    oxoman said:

Morning all. WFW and it's damp out. Not a lot of sleep due to klingongate, she tried pulling on the lads heart strings just as he leaves for a night shift. She drops the I'm taking all the tablets in the house bombshell then puts phone down. Frantic calls to her parents to get more abuse from them but, but they got the message and hopefully have sorted her out. TF he's rid of her. 🤞🤞 She won't bother him again, he's looking at changing phone numbers and all sorts. Definitely taking him for a drink at the wkend now. Otherwise all good and going for a run later.

Blimey, hope he hasn't seen 'Fatal Attraction' :) Sounds like good riddance.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Generic chores done, now to finalise some accountancy guff in my "spare time".
    Out for dinner later, hopefully someone else will drive.
    Wood burner going nicely.
    Advocate of disc brakes.

• Just for all the factory and farm workers...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,683
    Evening folks,
    Hectic day in the orifice, had a supplier in for a meeting at 9 so had to freshen up and change promptly after my wobble in.
    More meetings followed, now looks like I've got to go and work a classic car show in Padova next week. Conveniently only 4.5km from my sister's gaff. Already arranged a couple of evenings out with family and former customers. Still customer, I just don't deal with them any more. Should eat well at least.
    She sounds like definite bunny boiler material Oxo, he's definitely well rid of her. Hope it all works out ok for him.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Enjoyable viewing of daubings. Plenty bubbly (boss was a little wobbly, for a little guy he likes to put it away), plenty delicious canapes. St Paul's looking chipper in the lights.