Spare Battery Packs or Portable Chargers for lights

parmos
parmos Posts: 100
Evening,

last night while out doing a night ride (working away from home) my front light decided to die on me with about 8 mile left of a 30 ish mile ride i did finally manage to get back safely.

The light is a Cateye 1200 i've had it years and yes it maybe on its way out as they only hold so many charges around 300 ish i have also got a few Cateye 500s but not with me.

Question is do people use additional portable chargers like you use for your phone to maybe keep the light going for a little longer i've heard people using them for say there bike computers on long rides.

Cheers

Comments

• parmos
    parmos Posts: 100
    oxoman said:

You can use remote battery packs but TBH i always ride with 2 lights front and rear and try to stagger the charging or only use one with the other as back up for any night or early morning rides.

normally do myself mate or at least carry the spare but as i'm away i sort of forgot about it but though if i got a charger i could use it for numerous devices if it worked thats it
  • does it charge via usb? you could carry a portable charger and have a small top tube bag with it sited close by.
  • me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    Some - probably most - won't run from an external source, so once it's dead you'll need time to charge it before you can use.