tuesday excavating akkad

'ning

v.nippy

ride, cafes, wfh, bubbly outing
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,077
    Tis nippy out. Run has been runned, perhaps need to practice running with a head torch again - pesky tree roots

Work stuff and then gym, basically ale avoidance
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    tlw1 said:

Tis nippy out. Run has been runned, perhaps need to practice running with a head torch again - pesky tree roots

Is your Garmin crash detection thing still working?

Nippy here too. Hopefully warmer later for playing up on the hill.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,077
    thistle_ said:

tlw1 said:

Is your Garmin crash detection thing still working?

Nippy here too. Hopefully warmer later for playing up on the hill.
    ๐Ÿ˜‚ yes but managed to stop it before it called the wife
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,550
    Chilly in the cave so I'm making use of my electricity discount today. Usual work shizzle.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,081
    Brr chilly.

I should gaffer tape an iphone with crash detection to Shorty.

Bit meh this morning. Usual winter sniffles. Must eat myself better. Will be tinkering most of the day. Maybe an indoor pedal.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    General brrr. I popped some gloves on, and wore a jacket instead of warmers and a jersey. Will probably overheat on the way home, but that's OK.
  • beansnikpoh
    How as your brake this morning seano?
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,101
    chilly ride first thing, had to have two restorative coffees and some toast

pleasant surprise, a box of much vittoria tub glue just turned up, ordered it 7-8 months ago, perhaps a sign that the great glue crisis is easing, i was down to about 1cm left in the last tin and dreading having to use conti
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,658
    Rubbish sleep. Weirdly, I blame ice-cream. There appears to be an (entirely unscientific) correlation between me having anything cream/dairy based at dinner and waking up feeling cr@p about 2-4 am. Things like boscaiola or carbonara sauces on pasta do it as well, and even soft cheeses.

Slow day as a result, also because last two days I did all the mowing. Went to town for massage today, on recommendation of neuro... may have been helpful, will know tomorrow for sure.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Munsford0
    Munsford0 Posts: 659
    Flu and Covid jabs last night, one each side. Waiting for the after effects, but so far all I have is two really sore arms. Doing a bit of light physio by periodically filling the kettle and lifting the resulting mug of tea.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,623

How as your brake this morning seano?

Ooh, good question. Wheel off, brake pads out, pistons cleaned meticulously. Re-assembled. Brake lever a bit spongy so on advice tied lever up for 8 hours. Lever a bit better. Tested brakes, still getting disc rub.

Thanks for asking ๐Ÿ˜‚
    Pinno, ืžืœืš ืื™ื“ื™ื•ื˜ ื•ื—ืจื ืžื›ื•ื ืื™
  • seanoconn
    @veronese68 iโ€™ve ordered the epic solutions bleed kit, thank you. Itโ€™s all good fun and practise.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,683
    Afternoon folks,
    Back in the orifice again, chilly wobble in the sunshine today. Gloves and long everything was needed. Very glad I didn't get rained on like yesterday. Park was very pretty with the low sun and ground mist, could hear a couple of big stags bellowing at each other. Could see a photographer getting what I would have said was too close to one of them, unfortunately didn't see if it chased him off. There was a big one on the path ahead of me riding back last night, I stopped well short of him. He bellowed loudly in my direction and then trotted off through the bracken. Irritatingly the camera was on but the file for that section seems to be corrupted and I couldn't see it. To add to the irritation my Garmin won't upload that ride so did it even happen?
    seanoconn said:

@veronese68 iโ€™ve ordered the epic solutions bleed kit, thank you. Itโ€™s all good fun and practise.

Still more than happy to give you a hand phucking it up if you fancy a bit of moral support. There's a bit of space in the garage now the ovens are in the kitchen where they belong.
    Might go for an extended ride home and do some laps of RP, fancy it Bยณ or Seano?
  • seanoconn
    Thanks very much for the offer ๐Ÿ‘ Learning much more about maintenance by having a crack myself.

Canโ€™t tonight. Promised wifey weโ€™d take her new bike for a wobble.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,081
    seanoconn said:

Thanks very much for the offer ๐Ÿ‘ Learning much more about maintenance by having a crack myself.

Just let her push it to start with in case it's a bit wonky.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

I told her to point the wheel in the direction she wants to go and not worry if the handlebars, frame and seat point somewhere else ๐Ÿ‘
  • beansnikpoh

Afternoon folks,
    Back in the orifice again, chilly wobble in the sunshine today. Gloves and long everything was needed. Very glad I didn't get rained on like yesterday. Park was very pretty with the low sun and ground mist, could hear a couple of big stags bellowing at each other. Could see a photographer getting what I would have said was too close to one of them, unfortunately didn't see if it chased him off. There was a big one on the path ahead of me riding back last night, I stopped well short of him. He bellowed loudly in my direction and then trotted off through the bracken. Irritatingly the camera was on but the file for that section seems to be corrupted and I couldn't see it. To add to the irritation my Garmin won't upload that ride so did it even happen?

seanoconn said:

Still more than happy to give you a hand phucking it up if you fancy a bit of moral support. There's a bit of space in the garage now the ovens are in the kitchen where they belong.
    Might go for an extended ride home and do some laps of RP, fancy it Bยณ or Seano?
    Laps plural. Good man. I'm home early tonight as I'm out tomorrow night to go and look at some daubings hanging in the Tate. Shame, as the weather looks A1.
  • Hola, Lots of silly stuff at work today. Tomorrow should be better as it starts with a swim and an early office start.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,188
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

Does the new bike come with stabilisers?

First plantings into the new world fruit 'n' veg bed: brought back some 'Autumn Bliss' rasps and a red currant bush from Belgie, quite mature plants with big root ball. The start button has been pressed. I will be seeking more fruity stuff, and not in a #toryscum MP sense.
  • sungod
    having an avengers revival, i'd never before noticed that steed's cocktail trolley has a pineapple ice bucket!

first time around i suspect it subliminally influenced me in my formative years

now i want one of my own, though i'll be mixing for mrs s rather than emma peel
  • seanoconn
    sungod said:

having an avengers revival, i'd never before noticed that steed's cocktail trolley has a pineapple ice bucket!

first time around i suspect it subliminally influenced me in my formative years

now i want one of my own, though i'll be mixing for mrs s rather than emma peel

Buy Mrs s a leather catsuit. Job done ๐Ÿ‘
  • sungod
    happened long ago, think it was jaeger :smiley:
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,683
    There's a rather lovely photo of Diana Rigg in Emma Peel guise in the gents of a pub in Twickenham.
    Was completely knackered by the time 5:30 rolled around but took a slightly longer route home, didn't do any additional laps. Thought it was getting dark as I turned towards home, got much brighter when I took my sunglasses off ๐Ÿ™„