Monday needs a lie in

'Ning

Couldn't get to sleep until last night so now rather tired and could do with a couple more hours sleep.

Ride
WFW
Ride back

That's the plan anyway, forecast is lovely for later.

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,101
    'ning

soggy start

cafe stroll, wfh, do some stuff that i really need to do that i've not done, laze and bubbly

tempted to visit binks and look at hats
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,550
    edited October 2022
    On the train which is just as well as it's tanking down. Office day with a few meetings but nothing too demanding. Suppose that's not bad for a Monday...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,623
    Sat at home waiting for a UPS stealth visit when I’m in the toilet or something.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,077
    Work meh after a decent weekend
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,081
    seanoconn said:

Sat at home waiting for a UPS stealth visit when I’m in the toilet or something.

Stand at your front door.
    Get a flask, a bucket (and toilet tissue) some binoculars and a sarnie.
    Good luck.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Bright and windy and brrr.....
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

Stand at your front door.
    Get a flask, a bucket (and toilet tissue) some binoculars and a sarnie.
    Good luck.
    Special delivery?
  • sungod
    seanoconn said:

you'll need to shoot out the tyres, otherwise they'll just drive by and say you were out
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,936
    sungod said:

seanoconn said:

you'll need to shoot out the tyres, otherwise they'll just drive by and say you were out
    Is this a new interpretation of a drive by shooting? 😉
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • sungod
    pblakeney said:

sungod said:

seanoconn said:

exactly :smiley:
  • pinno
    sungod said:

pblakeney said:

sungod said:

seanoconn said:

Perhaps recruit some extinction rebellion activists and get them to lie on the road.
  • thistle_
    pinno said:

sungod said:

pblakeney said:

sungod said:

seanoconn said:

Perhaps recruit some extinction rebellion activists and get them to lie on the road.
    There's some sort of picket line outside our office, you can collect them if you like.
    Not sure who it is or what's going on.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Dodged the early rain by wfh until it had passed. Then ridey ridey, wfw now, then home later.
  • thistle_
    oxoman said:

In bad books with the OH apparently the spoof rendition of klingons on the starboard bow is not acceptable to play in the house at the minute. 🤔🤭🤣 as if. 🤣

Does he know you call her that?

Need to organise holidays for next week.

• sungod
    friend used to call their son's girlfriend 'psycho', they split after a couple of years, the replacement is even worse...
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,936
    sungod said:

friend used to call their son's girlfriend 'psycho', they split after a couple of years, the replacement is even worse...

Psycho II. The sequel is usually much worse. 😉
    Or, "the sequel".
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

sungod said:

pblakeney said:

sungod said:

seanoconn said:

We've got enough speed bumps around here...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Rick's lost the popularity contest over in Cake stop.
    sungod said:

[Slight tangent]

My mother had a friend who's daughter Hannah; a gorgeous 4 year old blue eyed, curly blonde haired girl, she regularly called 'siht face'. I kid you not.
    Hannah grew up to be one of the most confident, well-mannered and gregarious individuals one could ever meet.
  • beansnikpoh
    thistle_ said:

oxoman said:

In bad books with the OH apparently the spoof rendition of klingons on the starboard bow is not acceptable to play in the house at the minute. 🤔🤭🤣 as if. 🤣

Does he know you call her that?

Need to organise holidays for next week.

Come with to Lanzarote.
  • beansnikpoh
    Fugginell. Forecast says 4° in the morning 15° on the way home. That's a kit challenge. I'd better cover my knees, or at the very least put whisky on my toast.
  • thistle_

Fugginell. Forecast says 4° in the morning 15° on the way home. That's a kit challenge. I'd better cover my knees, or at the very least put whisky on my toast.

Baselayer and short sleeve top 👍🏻 or I think some people have these things called arm warmers.

Lanzagrote is tempting, not sure I'll enjoy the flight much with my currently dodgy head.
  • pinno
    Some people swear by a Gilet but TBH, i've never owned one.

Can't you wear bibs and then stuff them in the locker? Or... a little haversack.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Groundhog Day :)
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Worth a linky?
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Worth a linky?
    https://forum.bikeradar.com/discussion/13105096/seemingly-trivial-things-that-intrigue-you/p238

Bit of a pile on.
  • pinno
    The problem is that Rick thinks he's got higher status than a simple amoeba detritivore.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

The problem is that Rick thinks he's got higher status than a simple amoeba detritivore.

Would that be a normal amoeba or a woke one?
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Would that be a normal amoeba or a woke one?

• seanoconn
    I said it before, Rick is the biggest troll on the forum and you & cakestop have fallen for it, again. 🤦‍♂️
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

I said it before, Rick is the biggest troll on the forum and you & cakestop have fallen for it, again. 🤦‍♂️

I only dipped in to take the wee wee but it does seem like a lot of Cake Stoppers will argue endlessly about anything. Don't these people have jobs? :)