sunday needs several baccarat maneki neko

'ning

nippy again, but bright start

ride cafes and cake, more lazing and bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,077
    May have drank too much last night but it was fun 😎 had an alarm set for the GP but must have switched it off

Head home and sort hounds and kids then the pub still don’t feel 100% so a chilled day is needed
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    'ning

Seems chilly but bright here at the moment.
    Not sure what to do today.
  • thistle_
    oxoman said:

Expecting eruptions later as he's on the cusp of finally ditching 🙏 the klingon, suspect I'm taking him for a beer later.

Thought he'd already done that?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,550
    oxoman said:

Expecting eruptions later as he's on the cusp of finally ditching 🙏 the klingon, suspect I'm taking him for a beer later.

Phasers set to stun...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Lazy morning. Mrs. 666 has popped out and our Ukrainian hasn't surfaced yet so it's just me and the hounds for a bit. May try a spot of exercise later and see if the back is OK.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,081
    Morning everybody peeps

'kin ell it's windy. Hopefully windy enough to blow the leaves to f*** so i won't have to rake them up/run the mower over them*.

*This is entirely dependent on how soft the ground is.

Bit whacked me. Did an hour on the rollers at almost full tilt and was slightly short of Ganna's record but I didn't wear an aero helmet so that must be the difference.
    Then Lasagne, side salad with some Ozzie Merlot, which was rather nice and well rounded. Apple crumble and cream to finish.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,683
    Morning folks,
    Slowish start was had, a little different to what we expected as we had a house guest. Daughter rang at about midnight telling us a friend from uni was in London and couldn't get back to Brighton as all the trains had been cancelled. Very polite, not to mention grateful and embarrassed, German lad turned up at about 1. Thought we'd want someone to help either of ours so best look after him.
    Going for a spot of lunch somewhere and a walk with the EPO shortly, other than that doing nothing.
    Would it make it easier if you point the rollers downhill Piña?
    Good luck Oxo
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,658
    Lovely spring day.

Wasted it with 5 hours on the damned mower.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,623
    oxoman said:

Morning All. Yep definitely autumnal this morning. Garden centre looms for spring bulbs and winter bedding plants to keep OH happy. Youngest playing football and eldest lad working 😱 first Sunday ever. Expecting eruptions later as he's on the cusp of finally ditching 🙏 the klingon, suspect I'm taking him for a beer later.

How are the legs today oxo?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    Beautiful morning. Plan to ditch family and cycle round the world failed after 20miles when I got got cold lonely and hungry with wolves snapping at my heels. A few aperitifs needed to lubricate the roast dinner cooking muscles.
  • seanoconn

Lovely spring day.

Wasted it with 5 hours on the damned mower.

Ahem, I think you mean Autumn! Unless you’re standing on your head.
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

Morning everybody peeps

'kin ell it's windy. Hopefully windy enough to blow the leaves to f*** so i won't have to rake them up/run the mower over them*.

*This is entirely dependent on how soft the ground is.

Bit whacked me. Did an hour on the rollers at almost full tilt and was slightly short of Ganna's record but I didn't wear an aero helmet so that must be the difference.
    Then Lasagne, side salad with some Ozzie Merlot, which was rather nice and well rounded. Apple crumble and cream to finish.

How short of Ganna’s record??
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

Lazy morning. Mrs. 666 has popped out and our Ukrainian hasn't surfaced yet so it's just me and the hounds for a bit. May try a spot of exercise later and see if the back is OK.

Mrs 666 is out leaving you alone with the Ukrainian!??
  • seanoconn
    Most consecutive posts of the day! Boom! Haaland eat your heart out.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,101
    seanoconn said:

only six?
    https://forum.bikeradar.com/discussion/comment/18978160/#Comment_18978160
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • seanoconn
    F.uck it 😔
  • seanoconn
    Although as I recall. Arran77 had a whole bikeradar board of last posts once.
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

Yep. Would your Mrs not do that if you had one?
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Although as I recall. Arran77 had a whole bikeradar board of last posts once.

Yep, remember the post whoring days of old.
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

I’m not allowed a Natalia, I’ve asked 😔
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

I’m not allowed a Natalia, I’ve asked 😔
    I wonder why :p
  • thistle_

Daughter rang at about midnight telling us a friend from uni was in London and couldn't get back to Brighton as all the trains had been cancelled. Very polite, not to mention grateful and embarrassed, German lad turned up at about 1. Thought we'd want someone to help either of ours so best look after him.

I trust you found him some jobs to help you with this morning.

• veronese68
    thistle_ said:

Daughter rang at about midnight telling us a friend from uni was in London and couldn't get back to Brighton as all the trains had been cancelled. Very polite, not to mention grateful and embarrassed, German lad turned up at about 1. Thought we'd want someone to help either of ours so best look after him.

I trust you found him some jobs to help you with this morning.

Unfortunately kitchen is all done and I was lined up for a day of peace and quiet. Could have done with some help earlier in the week.
    Had very nice walk and lunch with the EPO sat by the river watching people messing about on the water. All in boats, paddle boarders seem to have gone into hibernation.
    Just found a rat in the garden, or did it find me? Amazing how high something so small can make you jump when you're not expecting it. The Mrs started fretting and kept asking if it could get into the house, I did point out if she kept leaving the door open it could be viewed as an invitation. Don't think it lives in our garden at any rate. Chased it off and it ran down the road and into the drains.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,081
    edited October 2022
    sungod said:

seanoconn said:

only six?
    https://forum.bikeradar.com/discussion/comment/18978160/#Comment_18978160
    Only 22? [scroll down - I have no idea how you got the comment number]

https://forum.bikeradar.com/discussion/12957458/word-association/p1019

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,188
    I iz back in Ingerlaand after the Belgie long weekender, very close to Rick Chasey territory for an overnight stop before visiting my now 97yo last remaining auntie tomorrow morning on way back to WetLand.

A grand time was had Gromet. I like WestVlaanderen.
  • thistle_
    Sounds like you've got a week to find him a hot new date :wink:

Can you steal his phone and delete klingon's number?
    Or if she's gonna message him change it to Mrs Oxo so he gets confused and doesn't reply?

• veronese68
    Best he doesn't go back for the post break up shag then Oxo 😬
    Made that mistake in my younger days
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    edited October 2022
    Back 'ome. Got sungodded on bubbly on the return flight, as Mrs B³ said she'd drive. Not doing that again. I forgot her erratic driving. Err, why are you accelerating towards that wall of brake lights? She's either on the gas or on the brake, seems to be unable to look ahead.

Also, no lounge at CFU, so despite the stunning climate and geography of the island (spent a couple of hours this afternoon at Phil the Greek's birthplace) I'm going to mark it down for having to sit with everyone else at the departure gate.

Mind you, fags were cheap. €35 for a carton. Wot's that, even with the sh1tty £ that's 3 quid a pack. I've not seen prices like that since the late 90's. Not for me, said I'd get some for a colleague.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,936

...She's either on the gas or on the brake, ...

Sounds like she has track experience. 🤣
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.