saturday like the end and the way

'ning

nippy but bright

ride, cafes and cake, laze, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Breakfast. Lounging etc. Might head out in the world's worst hire car. 30 quid for the weekend and it shows.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,101
    edited October 2022

Breakfast. Lounging etc. Might head out in the world's worst hire car. 30 quid for the weekend and it shows.

best to get a convertible, i remember back in the 80s barrelling around arizona in something like this
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K89dChsgznw
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,623
    sungod said:

best to get a convertible, i remember back in the 80s barrelling around arizona in something like this
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K89dChsgznw
    With your attorney? Did you pick up any hitchhikers?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,081
    I imagined something a bit mire like this seen as Beans isn't stateside.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGBE0QMXi1Y
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • beansnikpoh

Ha. Found a monastery, with a museum. Mini is moaning. Mission accomplished. :)
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,550
    Clear and sunny here, although the sun had plenty of time to rise before we got up. Our resident helper is doing pancakes for brekky, then it's off out to do a few bits n pieces in town.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Where are you Beans? Crete/Greece/Cyprus (at a guess).
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,101
    bet it's warmer than here, brrr, nippy
  • beansnikpoh
    pinno said:

Where are you Beans? Crete/Greece/Cyprus (at a guess).

Corfu. Just for a weekend. Then off to isla de sungod for the first week of half term this time next week.
  • beansnikpoh
    sungod said:

bet it's warmer than here, brrr, nippy

Not quite scorchio, but a v acceptable 25°C.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,077
    Sunny here but in the shade thanks to the trees.

Manflu has come back so just a walk rather than a run today. Out in mongleton I mean congleton with friends later - should be fun
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,658
    Day of mixed meh. Looks like I've sold a bike frame, and perhaps a few components. Hoping to sell at least 2, possibly 3 more frames, and will cherry pick the component bits and pieces to keep and sell the rest if I can.

Bl00dy bike parts obsolescence works both ways - still people who want the "old" technology stuff to maintain their bikes, but limited market for some things. Who buys QR wheels these days for example?

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,936

...Who buys QR wheels these days for example?

People without thru hole frames.
    People like me. I buy new though.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,077
    oxoman said:

Afternoon folks. Ride ridden, back fuxxed and knackered. But it was fun even though it was hard work at times. Scratch is well and truly itched, would I do one again. 🤔possibly.

I quite fancy a gravel event ride
  • pinno
    pblakeney said:

Ditto (and best of all it's often heavily discounted).

Bought a 2 year old pair of Fulcrum racing zero's (rim brake) with supposedly shot ceramic bearings for £350. I was the only bidder and that's partly due to people who can't fettle but mainly due to the fact they weren't disc.
    Wheels are A1 BTW and the bearings were over stressed. Mehtinks the left collar slowly tightened as it wasn't nipped up properly. Nothing else.
  • pinno
    Elderly neighbour's daughter (68) was complaining that her extension was playing up. I took the back of the plug off and discovered this:

• pinno
    oxoman said:

Oh dear, looks tad rough from here. I'm assuming they'd stripped all the plastic off from the looks of it. 10 out of 10 for bodging if they had.

Yep, no insulation from the stripped outer cable.
    I guess it's fine if she wanted a random de-fibrillation facility.
  • beansnikpoh
    Stopped torturing the family until tomorrow. So an afternoon by the sea. Now a sundowner. Then dinner.

• beansnikpoh
    There she goes.

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,683
    Evening folks,
    Reasonably busy day for a Saturday, finished kitchen bits that weren't done yesterday due to extended pub based accident. Been over to the old dear's to do a few jobs there. Now relaxing.
    That looks glorious B³. Well done Oxo, looks like fun. Must admit I quite fancy something like that too. Presumably being gravel rather than MTB it wasn't too technical. I think I've said before I used to get funny looks riding off road paths on my CX, now they're all at it.
    Well done for saving the neighbours young daughter from electromocution Piña. Was it bought from a shop like that or was a previous bodger trying to kill her?
  • pinno

Was it bought from a shop like that or was a previous bodger trying to kill her?

She said she was given it.

• Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,658
    pblakeney said:

Not so common for MTB these days though. Would be ok if the hub adapters were readily available, but “out of stock” is normal.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,936

pblakeney said:

Not so common for MTB these days though. Would be ok if the hub adapters were readily available, but “out of stock” is normal.
    Ah! I missed the forum title due to the layout giving me all new posts.
    Dare say road manufacturers would like the same situation. Change forcing new purchases. I’ve said it before, all industries are copying the computer tech model of forced obsolescence.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.