Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,101
    'ning

ride cafes and wfh, need to do stuff but motivation deficit disorder
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,077
    Gentle jog in the rain with the hounds then work stuff. Will be a long day as the catering division is out.

Later potentially cycle over to pick the wife up - but the forecasted wind means a decent headwind the whole way
  • tlw1
    Run abandoned due to knee niggles - meant a very cold and wet walk around the woods in shorts and T-shirt
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,081
    tlw1 said:

...Later potentially cycle over to pick the wife up...

Rickshaw?

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Very very wet and very dull. Meh.

Started the day well [insert rolling eyes icon]. Blue tack failed and I put a picture back on Tricky's door the wrong way whilst trying to get her to get a move on.
    Tricky said (tears in her eyes) "I've told Mummy on you".
    Trying to keep a straight face.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,623
    Wifey’s new bike being delivered to work so I’ll be putting that together. Fortunately the cranks are already on.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • tlw1
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Rickshaw?

Random tandem 😂
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,188
    Today I will mowstly be indulging in M6 muppetry avoidance. Hopefully.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Big booming tailwind. So I thought I'd take it easy, just turn the pedals elegantly. Then some snake hipped youngster with calves like dictionaries sped past, with another guy in tow, and it was full gas all the way. Absolutely fried, with the prospect of a wet headwind all the way back.

A quick return to warmth is forecast, as me, Mrs B3 and mini are heading to Corfu for the weekend on Friday. 25 degrees and sunny.
  • beansnikpoh
    seanoconn said:

Wifey’s new bike being delivered to work so I’ll be putting that together. Fortunately the cranks are already on.

Will she ride it, or is it a nice to have, like my family's bikes?
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

She's getting to that age where her bum will start to get a bit saggy so you'll have to convince her that pedalling is the solution...
    Good luck :smile:
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

Are you taking a bike to Flanders?
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,623

seanoconn said:

In the balance I guess. She wants to get into cycling, enjoys the fitness aspect but is scared to ride on the roads. I’ll have to get her comfortable on the bike then get her on the road gradually. She wants to commute by bike so we’ll see.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,550
    Another day caving before a first trip into the office in a good few weeks. Still torturing half year numbers 'till they tell me what I want to hear.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    tlw1 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Rickshaw?

Random tandem 😂
    That'll be a nice easy ride in a crosswind, especially with nobody on the back :smiley:
  • thistle_
    seanoconn said:

seanoconn said:

In the balance I guess. She wants to get into cycling, enjoys the fitness aspect but is scared to ride on the roads. I’ll have to get her comfortable on the bike then get her on the road gradually. She wants to commute by bike so we’ll see.
    My ex was the same. She loved riding on cycle paths but was terrified of roads, even quiet country lanes where we didn't see any cars.
    Folks round here don't realise how lucky they are - https://goo.gl/maps/M9bBdjJ52PJL6jsj6 - 1.5 miles of that is on roads and it's all quiet housing estate type stuff.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,188
    pinno said:

orraloon said:

Are you taking a bike to Flanders?
    Nah, hiring a std hybrid for a day's gentle pootling from bar to bar on the Saturday. Some of the group are hardly-ever cyclists so no point in faffing with taking one of my own. Save the space for beer crates!
  • katani
    katani Posts: 140
    thistle_ said:

seanoconn said:

seanoconn said:

My ex was the same. She loved riding on cycle paths but was terrified of roads, even quiet country lanes where we didn't see any cars.
    Folks round here don't realise how lucky they are - https://goo.gl/maps/M9bBdjJ52PJL6jsj6 - 1.5 miles of that is on roads and it's all quiet housing estate type stuff.
    Just don't go there on your own on your best bike:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/man-thrown-ground-teen-gang-24376836#comments-wrapper

That exact route used to form a part of my occasional circular cycle around the peninsula, but I won't be coming to that place again after that incident.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,936
    Liverpool innit.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • thistle_
    katani said:

thistle_ said:

seanoconn said:

seanoconn said:

Just don't go there on your own on your best bike:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/man-thrown-ground-teen-gang-24376836#comments-wrapper

That exact route used to form a part of my occasional circular cycle around the peninsula, but I won't be coming to that place again after that incident.
    That section is pretty dark, damp, dingy and muddy so I avoid it anyway.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,683
    Morning folks,
    Bit blowy out there, just wobbled to the dentist and now sat in the waiting room. Back to kitchen fitting after this. Less grief than work at least. Supposed to be sunny tomorrow so might go out with the EPO. Pub tonight of course.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,658

Morning folks,
    Bit blowy out there, just wobbled to the dentist and now sat in the waiting room. Back to kitchen fitting after this. Less grief than work at least. Supposed to be sunny tomorrow so might go out with the EPO. Pub tonight of course.

Well, I hope your dentist visit is less painful (physically and financially) than mine... Part 1 (of 2) ops to fix a thing. $1600 TYVM. I'm assuming since the neurosurgeon has run out of excuses to siphon money out of my pockets he's rung the endodontist and passed the baton. Probably getting a commission.

Visitors leave tomorrow, which will be celebrated with a happy dance. Been here just over a week already, which is about 5 days too many.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • thistle_
    edited October 2022

Well, I hope your dentist visit is less painful (physically and financially) than mine... Part 1 (of 2) ops to fix a thing. $1600 TYVM. I'm assuming since the neurosurgeon has run out of excuses to siphon money out of my pockets he's rung the endodontist and passed the baton. Probably getting a commission.

Sounds like when scammers get your number and if you bite they pass it on to their mates.

• Big booming tailwind. So I thought I'd take it easy, just turn the pedals elegantly. Then some snake hipped youngster with calves like dictionaries sped past, with another guy in tow, and it was full gas all the way. Absolutely fried, with the prospect of a wet headwind all the way back.

A quick return to warmth is forecast, as me, Mrs B3 and mini are heading to Corfu for the weekend on Friday. 25 degrees and sunny.

You mean you got dragged into the slipstream. LOL resistance is futile!
    Don’t forget to send us all a post-card ;)B)

Moaning,
    Well it was… too windy for the road bike so I went out on the trail bike, made a real nice change. But then the sky started leaking and it just hasn’t stopped. Normally that would mean it’s pubby time but I’m trying to lose a bit-o-weight before I go to the Lakes in just over a weeks time so I must refrain. It is hard though :/ Can't wait for Friday

• Was supposed to be a run this morning so we got up early to be treated to an absolute deluge. Suffice to we got back in bed.
    Wasted site visit this morning, some people are just plain rude.
    Gym after work.
    Probably an early night.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68

Morning folks,

Visitors leave tomorrow, which will be celebrated with a happy dance. Been here just over a week already, which is about 5 days too many.

Morning folks,

Not too bad thanks Spinner, very relieved about that. Very glad we don't have to pay our medical bills, or not yet at any rate. Hate to think how much all the bills I've run up over the years could be.
  • beansnikpoh
    Fkn rear puncture when I got bike out of bike store. Quick tube change, couldn't find anything in tyre. Then felt the rim of doom about half way home. Pumped it up, twice, but had to bail about 2.5 miles from home as no more tubes, and wasnt going to faff with a patch so close to home. Walked to about a mile from home, where the support car kindly collected me. Found the glass shard glinting in a street light while waiting for the car . Not sure whether I missed it the first time, or picked it up on the way home.
  • pinno
    oxoman said:

Run runned and I'm sorry Beany, Vittoria Corsa 2.0 Graphene and latex inner tubes is the way to go.

FTFY

2750 miles since last puncture me.

• veronese68
    How many until the fate Piña tempted with that statement bites?
    Tried tubeless and didn't get on with it. Any holes sprayed sealant everywhere until it got to about 30psi which is too low. Pump it up and blew out the sealant. Tried a supposedly better sealant, much the same. Maybe the tyres I tried were shti, couldn't be arsed to try again so put tubes in with normal tyres. Will the same fate get me?
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,936

.... Will the same fate get me?

Eventually. Could be tomorrow, could be next year like my experience.
    Pop another tube in and go home. Less hassle in the long run.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.