thursday dancing the pineapple gavotte

'ning

cold

ride, early nip into gmc, early bail, wfh, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,644
    Brrrr. Leg warmers, arm warmers, scull cap, light jacket, gloves. Emergency gilet which I forgot along with my rucksack.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,194

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    'ning

Warmer here than yesterday, despite the wind and the dampness.
    No pretty pics today though, just average views.
  • pinno
    Morning brethren's and chooktas

It's fairly decent out there.
    Toots, messages and Porker tinkering.

I'm disappointed at the lack of commitment:

@johngti
    @haydenm
    @step83
  • Wfw, at least for this morning. Early bail I think though.

I left off the knee warmers this a.m. in favour of those nifty omloop shorts that have an extended leg.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,267
    quite nippy early, milder now, unzipped everything for the ride home

cafe stroll soon
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • thistle_
    Bollox
    Weather forecast was saying clear skies and sunshine for the ride home, now it's saying heavy rain showers.
    Wouldn't mind so much but came in on my nice bike and going to the gym later.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,116
    Meh - budget hell ready for presenting to the overseas cheese board.

Hopefully get out on the bike or swim later - no run as knee is playing up, physio’s gentle run advice, apparently needs to be less than 1.5 hrs
  • thistle_
    tlw1 said:

physio’s gentle run advice, apparently needs to be less than 1.5 hrs

:lol:

• Managed a straight "there and back" 20 miler after work yesterday which was surprisingly warm. Stupid bi4tch pulled out in front of me at about 15mph, I slammed on and my riding partner ran into my cassette (she was on rim brakes, what can I say...)
    Thick cow (the one in the car) just looked at me a drove off.
    Disclaimer - I had a set of Exposure Tracer lights flashing away which are pretty bright and dusk wasn't even around the corner.

Anyway, swam today for a solid hour at lunch just lapping the pool which felt pretty good.

Run later.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 61,044
    edited September 2022
    Another day of WFH horizontally, at least yesterday's diagnosis was nothing to be worried about. Just a pain - literally. Now waiting for an MRI appointment.

Tree people are back finishing off the job from last week, they've had fun reducing the size of the big horse chestnut out the front as the garages are below it. Ukrainian guest is settling in OK, seems very nice but her English is a bit hit and miss so we're using a translate app to help us understand each other.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • мити посуд сука!
    ?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 61,044

мити посуд сука!
    ?

:D

Well she's cooking some Ukrainian food for us soon, so maybe she can do that afterwards.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,765
    Evening folks,
    Busy day in the orifice again, had to drive in due to dropping EPO at her place of work. Felt chilly out, driving through Richmond Park saw people wobbling in everything from summer kit to what looked like full on winter kit. Saw one chap on the way home do a full on emergency stop, back wheel off the ground and everything. Sillysod was trying to pass a car just as it slowed for a couple of deer that ran out in front of it. Bet that got his heart rate up.
    Hope your bike wasn't damaged HD.
    pinno said:

I'm disappointed at the lack of commitment:

@johngti
    @haydenm
    @step83

But you rattled a DHL out of his cage. Hope all's well DHL
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,227
    Full demolition of stupidly placed outside cludgie - done. Brother here to help. Good job. All debris dropped off to recycling site. Tick.

Deserved a beer or 2, dislodge the dust. And chill.
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

Full demolition of stupidly placed outside cludgie - done. Brother here to help. Good job. All debris dropped off to recycling site. Tick.

Deserved a beer or 2, dislodge the dust. And chill.

Some weekend when the weather is lousy, i'll have to come and see the improvements. Although, an earthquake would be beneficial :smile:

• Hope your bike wasn't damaged HD.

All good thank you, I was off the brakes with one foot on the ground when the actual hit occurred so it rolled under me.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,116

Hope your bike wasn't damaged HD.

All good thank you, I was off the brakes with one foot on the ground when the actual hit occurred so it rolled under me.
    👍