monday with heffalumps

'ning

intermittent sogginess, forecast for the next week or so is blah

ride or cafe stroll, wfh, do some stuff, laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    TDV flying out today so airport shenanigans.

Apart from that just like normal life tbh.....
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,608
    New cranks on, position tweaked to perfection. Very enjoyable/comfortable wobble in. Might take a half day if the weather clears up to do some more wobbling later.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,042
    No Heffalumps here. Plenty of Woozles though.

Morning chooktas

The sun is intermittently popping through the cloud that's flying by at 100mph.
    Today will be mowstly lazing about. Was going to pick the last of the apples but not in a gale.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,159
    Gale? What gale? Calm and blue round these parts. Today I will mowstly be making more noise and dust.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,395
    Morning.

Attempting to work in a recumbent position on the bed, which makes things a bit slower than usual. Was lashing down earlier and now windy so no great desire to go outside even if I could go any distance.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, been a while. Very busy with work and baby prep, seriously impacting my drinking time. Was wiped out with a cold over the weekend, feeling better today just in time to work. Fairly dull weekend otherwise, did a bit of firewood and bbq'd a very large T bone last night. The highlight was watching a friend's 3 or 4 year old daughter ride her bike off a path into a loch. Highly amusing
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,042
    haydenm said:

...watching a friend's 3 or 4 year old daughter ride her bike off a path into a loch. Highly amusing

It won't be a giggle when one of yours goes West.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    pinno said:

haydenm said:

...watching a friend's 3 or 4 year old daughter ride her bike off a path into a loch. Highly amusing

It won't be a giggle when one of yours goes West.

Not convinced, my favourite Instagram page is 'Kidsgettinghurt'. It makes it much much more funny when you can hear the dad laughing in the background, just need to make sure I'm filming non stop
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,673
    Afternoon folks,
    Wfh on a Monday for a change, slightly slower start as a result which is also a result. Just wobbled into Kingston to pick up some Seasick Steve albums and gig tickets. It's bloomin' freezing out there. Well, not literally, you know what I mean. I'll definitely have to dig the gloves out for the wobble in tomorrow. I'm guessing Seano hasn't taken his half day for extended wobbling.
    A kid riding into a loch is probably a lot better than a kid riding into a lock. Locks tend to be deep and with vertical concrete walls.
  • Weeds.

Weeds, weeds, weeds.

WEEDS!

Two days pulling weeds, now a big pile that will go to the tip, probably a full ute load.

Good thing I have a Physio appointment booked for the morning, then Mr WS's brother and missus arrive for a visit. Yikes..

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • seanoconn
    Glorious couple of laps around Richmond park this afternoon. Sullen skies and squally showers scattered with rays of sun. Moody stags keeping a watchful eye on their herds against a backdrop of autumnal colours.

So many photo opportunities missed 😞
  • seanoconn said:

Glorious couple of laps around Richmond park this afternoon. Sullen skies and squally showers scattered with rays of sun. Moody stags keeping a watchful eye on their herds against a backdrop of autumnal colours.

You don't want to get off your bike when those moody stags have the raging horn and reckon you or your bike might be looking at their missuses. Safer to miss the photo opps and imprint on your memory instead.

The shorter cranks seem to have made you very happy. Maybe I need shorter cranks too. I assume the fitting was suitably effort free?

Ended up wfh, due to a blocked drain, meaning I had to wait for a man to come and clear it, after a plunger, an aerosol based whoosher and a liberal application of lye all failed to fix the problem yesterday. The dishwasher drains through there, as does the sink, so the kitchen was backing up a bit this morning.
  • seanoconn

seanoconn said:

You don't want to get off your bike when those moody stags have the raging horn and reckon you or your bike might be looking at their missuses. Safer to miss the photo opps and imprint on your memory instead.

The shorter cranks seem to have made you very happy. Maybe I need shorter cranks too. I assume the fitting was suitably effort free?
    Very easy fitting. Probably a 10min job but slightly longer the first time when double checking the order of bits on and off.

Shorter cranks have worked for me, more room for my hips, more comfort no pain. Had my bike since May and for the first time after lots of tweaking everything has come together in perfect balance to be able to enjoy the miles in comfort. Not too much weight on the hands, no strain on the back, no aches or pains in knees, hips, feet. Feel like a mile munching machine! 😃